Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dan Scott Blog Extra: Successful Season Up For Debate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,460

Aug 21, 2007, 2:31 PM

In the latest entry in his blog at www.wccpfm.com, Dan Scott wonders what Clemson fans will consider a successful 2007 season? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dan Scott Blog Extra: Successful Season Up For Debate

Aug 21, 2007, 2:42 PM

Well, that was just totally worthless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Can he FINALLY make the ACC championship game...

Aug 21, 2007, 2:49 PM

Which has been played exactly twice...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Yep ... pretty sure he's finished 2nd in ACC twice already

Aug 21, 2007, 2:59 PM

Finished SECOND ... Basically, that's all Ga Tech did last year, and yet they get huge credit for it.

Just "playing" for the ACC title is no better than finishing 2nd in the ACC before the title game existed.

In fact, it may be worse, because the title game opponents will not have played ALL the rest of the conference to get there. Breaking up into divisions has watered down the difficulty of winning the ACc while exponentially increasing the reward.

Last year, if I'm not mistaken, Clemson and Coach TB THUMPED both of the teams who met for the ACC title.

In years past neither Wake nor Ga Tech would have been necessarily been in a position to claim the ACC regular season title.

Aug 21, 2007, 5:11 PM

Excellent Blog. In regards to Bowden, He should be sweating bullets. My opinion on the IPTAY increases is soley to boost revenue for a signing bonus for his replacement. Im excited about our players and I hope our trenchmen are ready. Im really excited about our defense. All this hard work theyre putting in is really going to pay off when gameday roles around. I see us really making a statement against the noles.

No scenario with loss to coots is acceptable.......NEVER!!!!***

Aug 21, 2007, 10:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2007, 9:07 AM

I think anytime you are accepting loses, or talking about which loses you will accept... you're already beaten.

I look forward to the day when we stop accepting mediocrity and start expecting to win all our games again...

Aug 22, 2007, 12:23 PM

Dan posed an interesting hypothetical that teaches us a lot about some Clemson fans' hatred of SoCar. Of course Dan's hypothetical is illogical because it's hard to imagine a Clemson team that's good enough to perennially win the ACC and yet lose to USC. If we perennially won the ACC (and went BCS bowling) we'd be able to recruit better talent with which to beat USC.

The other reason that Dan's hypothetical is unrealistic is that in EIGHT YEARS Tommy has led Clemson to the middle of the pack. EIGHT YEARS. Obviously the decision makers will never fire Tommy as long he turns in barely-winning seasons (enabled by scheduling cupcakes) and as long Tommy remains outspoken about his Protestant Christian beliefs.

I'm a Clemson grad from the Danny Ford glory years and die-hard fan, but I don't hate USC. In fact, I root for USC (and all of Clemson's non-league opponents) all season long except except when they play Clemson-- not because I like USC, but because it increases Clemson's ranking if (win or lose) we play a highly ranked USC team rather than a crappy USC team.

And if FORCED to choose, I'd take an ACC title ANY day.******

Aug 22, 2007, 12:26 PM

Aug 22, 2007, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Dan Scott Blog Extra: Successful Season Up For Debate ]

attacking the man for his record is one thing... attacking him for his faith is an insult

Worthless Article**********************

Aug 22, 2007, 4:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

worthless response...

Aug 22, 2007, 10:10 PM

... i actually enjoyed the article... thanks dan

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,460
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic