Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Previewing Components of the Seat Equity Plan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Aug 20, 2007, 1:29 PM

What follows are points made by the Clemson University administration. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess we still have to wait to find out something we do

Aug 20, 2007, 1:34 PM

not already know. This info is what the IPTAY officials have been muttering about for weeks.

Where is the info.

Aug 20, 2007, 1:41 PM

Where on clemsontigers.com is this powerpoint and brochure?

It will probably be up at 2 p.m. or after. That's...

Aug 20, 2007, 1:49 PM

...when the press conference actually happens.

DS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Dan.***

Aug 20, 2007, 1:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IS WCCP covering live***

Aug 20, 2007, 1:43 PM

Re: TICKET EQUITY

Aug 20, 2007, 2:11 PM

I MUST DIFFER AND SAY THIS ISMORE ABOUT MONEY AND NOT ABOUT EQUITY. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NOT SUFFICIENT TURNOVER IN "PRIME SEATING" to accomodate the ten Heishman DONORS WHO ARE IN THE TOP DECK.AS TO THE 774 SEATS BETWEEN THE 25 TD LINE: I AM A MEMBER OF THIS GROUP. I HAVE BEEN A SEASON TICKET HOLDER FOR OVER 40YRS AND A FEW YEARS LONGER IF IT WERE NOT FOR A MILITARY BREAK.I WAS FORTUNATE TO BE A MEMBER DURING THE SEVERAL STADIUM EXPANSIONS. GUESS WHAT? I GOT BETTER SEATS WITH EACH EXPANSION.THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE TICKET HOLDERS ARE OF RETIREMENT AGE. I AM. I WISH I COULD TELL YOU THAT I WILL BE GOING TO GAMES TEN YEARS FROM NOW. A CONSIDERABLE NUMBER OF THESE TICKET HOLDERS ARE GOING TO BE COMING OFF THE ROLLS EACH YEAR WHICH WILL TAKE CARE OF THIS CATEGORY.AS I CACULATE THE TRUE TICKET WILL COST AROUND $120+ FOREACH TICKET NOT THE $35 PRINTED ON SOME TICKETS. IF YOU PUT A TICKET ON THE TABLE WITH $12O RIGHT BESIDE IT,AND GIVE AN INDIVIDUAL A CHOICE, EVEN A SOUTH CAROLINA FAN WILL CHOOSE THE MONEY.THEIR IS A LIMIT TO WHAT PEOPLE WILL PAY WHO ARE UNABLE TO HAVE A TAX DEDUCTION FOR THE TICKET PRICE. WE MAY HAVE GOTTEN THERE FOR MANY PEOPLE.I'M SORRY ,BUT I BELIEVE IT IS PRIMARILY ABOUT MONEY.

Re: TICKET EQUITY

Aug 20, 2007, 11:37 PM

> I MUST DIFFER AND SAY THIS ISMORE ABOUT MONEY AND NOT
> ABOUT EQUITY. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NOT
> SUFFICIENT TURNOVER IN "PRIME SEATING" to accomodate
> the ten Heishman DONORS WHO ARE IN THE TOP DECK.AS TO
> THE 774 SEATS BETWEEN THE 25 TD LINE: I AM A MEMBER
> OF THIS GROUP. I HAVE BEEN A SEASON TICKET HOLDER FOR
> OVER 40YRS AND A FEW YEARS LONGER IF IT WERE NOT FOR
> A MILITARY BREAK.I WAS FORTUNATE TO BE A MEMBER
> DURING THE SEVERAL STADIUM EXPANSIONS. GUESS WHAT? I
> GOT BETTER SEATS WITH EACH EXPANSION.THE VAST
> MAJORITY OF THESE TICKET HOLDERS ARE OF RETIREMENT
> AGE. I AM. I WISH I COULD TELL YOU THAT I WILL BE
> GOING TO GAMES TEN YEARS FROM NOW. A CONSIDERABLE
> NUMBER OF THESE TICKET HOLDERS ARE GOING TO BE COMING
> OFF THE ROLLS EACH YEAR WHICH WILL TAKE CARE OF THIS
> CATEGORY.AS I CACULATE THE TRUE TICKET WILL COST
> AROUND $120+ FOREACH TICKET NOT THE $35 PRINTED ON
> SOME TICKETS. IF YOU PUT A TICKET ON THE TABLE WITH
> $12O RIGHT BESIDE IT,AND GIVE AN INDIVIDUAL A CHOICE,
> EVEN A SOUTH CAROLINA FAN WILL CHOOSE THE MONEY.THEIR
> IS A LIMIT TO WHAT PEOPLE WILL PAY WHO ARE UNABLE TO
> HAVE A TAX DEDUCTION FOR THE TICKET PRICE. WE MAY
> HAVE GOTTEN THERE FOR MANY PEOPLE.I'M SORRY ,BUT I
> BELIEVE IT IS PRIMARILY ABOUT MONEY.

it is about the money , my $1400 ayear contribution will have to go to$4200 to keep present tickets or double to $2800 to keep half tickets, been buying and odten giving or selling tickets at much less than face value since 1978, think about how many times i did that

Hope all pay what is require so the 5 Heisman donors rot in

Aug 20, 2007, 1:53 PM

the Upper Deck. Some (not all) of them are loud & arrogant and in it for what they can get. Doubt that all will be here in the hard times (IMHO).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From what I have just seen on their power point presentation

Aug 20, 2007, 5:51 PM

it does look like they should succeed in increasing revenue; however, equity will fall short. I am sure the 5 heisman donors that have been "overpaying" based on the seat pricing will be taken care of, but looking at the numbers of donors at the $1400 and up; there are a ton that are "overpaying," and I just doubt all of them will be improved in terms of seating.

It will be curious to see what shakes out.

Will this get us where we want to be????

Aug 20, 2007, 6:03 PM

Will this get the facilities done? I think not as quick as we need to continue our recruiting success.

I guess time will tell, but it looks to me like they bailed out doing the tough things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Previewing Components of the Seat Equity Plan

Aug 21, 2007, 4:45 PM

Two comments regarding this plan:

One, it is an attempt to gouge loyal fans.

and

Two, the other programs charge more because the have better programs.

Show me a team that can contend for a national championship, and I'll show financial support!!!

Who would pay more to see a ball club who at best ends up 8-4???

Aug 22, 2007, 12:56 AM

This plan is quite simply a forced displacement of lifelong loyal fans. I can understand prices going up, but when you have given over $1000 a year for over 30 years some loyalty should be considered. Yeah you can keep your seats if you go to over $4000 dollar dues. Iptay is counting on many donors in the $2800 level and down to give up their seats, so they can ransom them to the highest bidder. Why would anyone remain loyal to an organization that would do that? Be warned no matter how much you give the day could come when someone offers up more than you. Then after you have given Clemson all you could for years how will you feel when they say pay up or get out without remorse? Just think if this team won a title how greedy they'd get. This is an outrage, and common sense says that much money can pay my own children's way through college. People need to get their priorities straight.

Aug 22, 2007, 8:33 AM

what about the fan that his given all he can for 30+ years, and then a few years ago decided he wanted to increase his contribution, prior to any mention of this new SEP? should he not be rewarded for his loyalty and giving more? I understand that some people can't give as much as others, but sometimes thats just how it is. Money talks, and I think this plan will generate revenue to help all our athletic programs. If you think your money is better spent on your own kids education, then spend it there, or give it to the Clemson Alumni Association.

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Aug 22, 2007, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Previewing Components of the Seat Equity Plan ]

That's right, but I am new to Clemson and it could give me a chance to get from the upper deck for a small amount of addional giving.

Remember it's all about money!

Aug 22, 2007, 7:29 PM

It is about money, and I can even go along with requiring a minimum donation, but this system does not reward loyalty at all. Some people may get better seats, but who will fill the seats they vacated? The people who are getting screwed are quiting that's for sure. The stadium will be half empty for years except for the Carolina game which will be 35% Gamecock fans. It's not like a lot of us can't afford the price, it comes down to principle, priorities, and common sense. I see a lot of wasted money thrown around Clemson maybe they could be more frugal and not have to ream fans that have been loyal for a lifetime.

Aug 23, 2007, 11:47 AM

I feel the same way as BIG ORANGE. Will IPTAY listen? NO!! They feel there are plenty of Clemson supporters out there waiting to pick up where the "long time Clemson givers" left off. As has been said before. It's not about Clemson supporters it's about the MONEY$$$

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic