Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Quarterback Race Wide Open
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,656

Mar 3, 2007, 9:31 AM

Tigers begin spring practice March 10; Spring game set for April 14 Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Quarterback Race Wide Open

Mar 3, 2007, 11:53 AM

YEAH! This is actually great news. Spence has solid options. With Spence's skills, we're sure to have one of the best QBs in the league. Lets hope.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

funny, now we've got solid options?

Mar 3, 2007, 12:20 PM

last yr 2 of these guys couldn't beat Proctor

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Harper is a good QB and should have played more...

Mar 3, 2007, 1:57 PM

last year. Tommy refused to pull Proctor even when he was totally ineffective. Proctor should have been pulled before the end of the third quarter in the VT game, and in a couple of other instances in games after that. I live in Virginia and the Hokie fans were amazed that we left Proctor in the whole game. I give credit to Proctor for patiently waiting his turn behind Whitehurst. That showed a lot of character, but character alone is not a reason to leave him in no matter what. Tommy needs learn to adjust and adapt. Once teams discovered that stacking the line and stopping the run and making Proctor win the game was the way to beat Clemson, Tommy did not adjust. He seems to go into a game with a gameplan and will not adjust no matter what. We eventually lost every game in which Proctor struggled mightily. Putting Harper in may have worked in at least one of those games and would have given Harper valuable experience against some of our tougher opponents. All of this being said, whoever winds up being the starting QB, we need to pull him if he is absolutely stinking up the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

But they were all american clip board holders***

Mar 3, 2007, 7:55 PM [ in reply to funny, now we've got solid options? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Willy Korn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 3, 2007, 7:54 PM

I want Korn to start. Any of the 4 are going to struggle at times. I'd rather struggle with a true freshman QB who could end up being one of the best Tigers ever. I don't need another Will Proctor and that is exactly what Reese and Harper will/would be. I could handle Wade much better than Harper or Resse, but why prolong what we all know? Willy is the future; with his talent along with Davis, Spiller, Ford, Taylor, Dye, Jones, Grisham, and Kelly. It's going to be an interesting 2 to 3 years. I think this is all coach speak and Bowden and Spence both know that by the 4th or 5th game of the year; Willy will be the starter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Willy Korn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 4, 2007, 12:07 PM

If this staff waste the talent they now have a QB it is indeed sad,Korn is special and all that can stop him is Spence and Bowden .Please understand that this is your special player that youve been waitin for and for heavens sake use him from the start.Im glad we have depth there too but Will is the man for the job let him grow into it he will surprise you if you allow him to,dont mess this up please.

Re: Willy Korn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 5, 2007, 12:41 PM

If Korn is truly ready to be a big time college quarterback then I say by all means start him, but if he is not the best option then do not play him. Why throw a true freshman into the fire with 4 new offensive lineman blocking for him. If he is the starter and doesnt play as well as he'd like or expects that could be devistating to his growth and maturity as a college QB. I've seen it happen to many times in the past.

Re: Clemson Quarterback Race Wide Open

Mar 4, 2007, 12:30 AM

I think it's silly to ''want'' Korn to start(or any of the others) you want the BEST to start

I like Korn, too, but whoever gets the nod, I hope Coach B

Mar 5, 2007, 12:20 PM

will give the backup guy plenty of game reps. Last year was ridiculous when Harper didn't get sent in regardless of how badly Will was playing. I hope Coach has learned a lesson or two from that experience.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,656
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic