Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog for May 18
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

May 18, 2006, 11:33 PM

Mickey talks about the ACC baseball tournament locations and some Clemson tournament history. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No mention of Fort Mill?? Big crowds Clemson and NC schools****

May 18, 2006, 11:57 PM

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog for May 18

May 19, 2006, 7:40 AM

Thank you, Mickey, for bringing the obvious to the attention of the ACC decision makers. You hit the nail on the head. I have sorely missed the ACC Baseball Tournament in Greenville. It sounds like Greenville was not even considered for the next 3 years - even with our new stadium and the emotion displayed here. How about the home court advantage for the North Carolina schools in basketball with the tournament being played in Greensboro year after year after year?!?

NCAA does not allow greenville to have the tourney b/c

May 19, 2006, 7:46 AM

of the flag issue....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not exactly

May 19, 2006, 8:04 AM

the NCAA has no ability to tell the ACC where it can and can't hold a tournament. Make no mistake the flag issue is being used, but the blame falls squarely on the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Soley on ACC

May 19, 2006, 2:07 PM

Agreed... soley on the ACC shoulders.... Swofford sucks.

THAT is one SAH-WEEEET sig. . ..***

May 19, 2006, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Not exactly ]

Re: NCAA does not allow greenville to have the tourney b/c

May 19, 2006, 9:56 AM [ in reply to NCAA does not allow greenville to have the tourney b/c ]

i had no idea the flag was still even being talked about in SC, but then again i moved to New Orleans for school two years ago... oh well. and even if that was the reason, it's pretty stupid.

If it's going to be in Florida, I think going to the Disney

May 19, 2006, 7:54 AM

complex would be a good idea. I know it would make it easier to plan a vacation around.

agreed

May 19, 2006, 9:18 AM

I have more of a problem with Jacksonville than I do Fenway(and not because of my boston bias). But what the heck did Jacksonville do to get everything? I just do not see the appeal of Jacksonville at all..football or baseball. If you put it in Florida, do the Disney complex. I don't see baseball drawing well there, maybe I am wrong, but at least with Fenway..it's Fenway. Jacksonville is just blah.

And Fenway Park South is already used for Camden Yards, Mick..our fans second home. Which coincidentally, seems like a sweet place to have it in too, just a thought...

Jonny Swofford as has said repeatedly..............

May 19, 2006, 11:17 AM

the reason the tourney is not in Gville is because of the flag. He obviously is more interested in being PC than the success of the tourney. BTW, isn't the confederate flag still on the GA State flag and isn't the basketball tourney slated to be played in Atlanta in the near future? One more example of the hypocricy that runs rampant in the ACC.

Georgia changed their flag twice

May 19, 2006, 11:18 AM

and the Confederate Battle Flag is not on it now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I get a Blog?

May 19, 2006, 2:15 PM

Mickey,
I have argued with you through this blog a couple of times, but I must admit: I really want your thoughts and a blog on exactly what has John Swofford done for the ACC in his tenure that is of good note? Of good note to football fans not basketball? Of good note to Clemson fans? Can you do some research and answer this question for me? Because he seems to be nothing more than a tar heel state loving pansy foot and it bothers me. I am born in SC and raised in NC, and I can't for the life of me see the fascination in Jacksonville and horrible, boring Greensboro. Please Help,
QueenCityTiger32

OMG! The expansion is the single greatest thing that has

May 19, 2006, 2:34 PM

happened to this conference. And Mr. Swofford orchestrated it. It's a fact. Accept it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic