Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 1

TNET: Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in

Aug 1, 2022, 8:40 AM

Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in

Aug 1, 2022, 8:43 AM

Glad it’s done and now he can move on! Happy it wasn’t the entire season.

While I believe he's still innocent....

Aug 1, 2022, 8:44 AM

I hope he learns a valuable lesson from all of this....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While I believe he's still innocent....

Aug 1, 2022, 9:23 AM

Same here, and if I had the money that he has, I would wear a body Cam recording everything I done, even sleeping!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep!***

Aug 1, 2022, 9:31 AM [ in reply to While I believe he's still innocent.... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: While I believe he's still innocent....

Aug 2, 2022, 12:20 PM [ in reply to While I believe he's still innocent.... ]

What's that? Maybe to not get 80 massages from 80 different women in 18 months and maybe use a bigger towel next time? Yes, those would be good decisions

Buck buck buckawwk!***

Aug 2, 2022, 2:04 PM

NFL and MeToo

Aug 1, 2022, 8:47 AM

If the NFL appeals this decision, that will be the biggest slap to the MeToo movement. Let the woman’s decision stand. I personally feel six games are too much but, I have not seen all of the evidence. The woman judge has and I will support her decision. I read this morning that DW4 has settled three of the four remaining lawsuits against him.

Huh?

Aug 1, 2022, 8:55 AM

"The woman" is not one of the alleged victims her judgement isn't an extension of anyone who has been part of any movement. She doesn't represent any past or current victims of sexual abuse; she's just a former judge doing the job she was hired to do.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly !!!

Aug 1, 2022, 9:11 AM

The judges job was to determine if DW violated the NFL's ethical conduct policy, which he absolutely did. Frankly, six games is very generous and DW should be thanking his lucky stars. I'm betting the women's rights organizations won't be too happy with this ruling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

No women's rights were violated.

Aug 1, 2022, 10:40 AM

That would have been criminal in nature.

Re: No women's rights were violated.

Aug 2, 2022, 12:21 PM

You can rule that rights are violated without having to prove it in a criminal court. That's literally how everything goes from civil lawsuits to traffic violations.

Re: Exactly !!!

Aug 1, 2022, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Exactly !!! ]

Six games is not really what he was given. Seeing as he missed the entire last season solely because of this. It ended up being over 20 games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a suspension

Aug 1, 2022, 1:48 PM

Yeah, I mean I see what you mean, but to be fair last year was not a suspension---he chose not to play for a team he didn't want to play for AND he still got paid so that part is kinda on him & not really a penalty of any kind.

Remember, his record-breaking Browns contract also only pays him $1 million in his first year & the other quarter-billion in the remaining 9 years, so his suspension really only puts him at a $350k loss, which is less than a tenth of a percent of the contract itself. He even still has the ability to win the league this year when he gets back when you think about it.

Re: Huh?

Aug 1, 2022, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Huh? ]

The Watson decision is the first for Judge Sue Robinson in her new role with the NFL. It is not going to look good for the NFL to appeal the first ruling of a respected female judge. She appears to have done a very thorough job in determining the punishment. Watson is also restricted to massages by team organization only and has to stay out of trouble with law enforcement.

Aug 1, 2022, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Huh? ]

According to the two separate grand jury hearings, there was no evidence of sexual abuse, and all they had was, he said/she said case, period!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep in mind...

Aug 1, 2022, 9:54 AM

this ruling is based on whether DW violated the leagues personal code of conduct policy which basically states that all players, coaches, team employees and owners are required to avoid doing anything that is detrimental to the integrity and public image of the NFL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2022, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Huh? ]

Still surprising to me when people don't understand that criminal proceedings do not have any impact on civil or code of conduct rulings.

Re: NFL and MeToo

Aug 1, 2022, 9:19 AM [ in reply to NFL and MeToo ]

The only reason the NFL would appeal would be to ask for a harsher penalty.

They're 'problem' is that when owners have behaved in similar ways, there have been no penalties at all. I suspect that is the only reason it isn't a full season suspension.

I may be wrong but anyone watch the JD-Amber Turd trial?

Aug 4, 2022, 1:02 PM [ in reply to NFL and MeToo ]

...you know where a man is presumed guilty by "me too" standards technically if he is accused of DV? ***I dare say the overwhelming majority of "me too" supporters do not frame it in that ridiculous lynch mob mentality. They're normal people trying to figure a way to right injustices by putting an idea out there. Like everything else anymore, you only hear the bad stuff from a minority of people because it's better news.***

JD and AH Both were guilty of some serious egregious personal behind doors behavior(which was not on trial) but many, self included, saw her assertions and accusations to be completely unfounded when it came to "Domestic abuse"-as did the jury and thus defamed (and maimed) him. That's as far as I'm going with that but that's what the trial was about..he said-she said-let's see the evidence-verdict.

Deshaun is a he said, she said-no one showed damning evidence on either side-matter resolved privately-righteous NFL hierarchy rains down justice from their politically adorned-"Ain't we a bunch of high moral defenders of justice and the "American way" guys" thrones in the high rises-above even the ability of a judge who actually served in the justice system.

Enter Deshaun-never "convicted" of anything-becoming the NFL's "sudden rise of morality" poster child. Let's dig around in the NFL administrative branch and see what turns up. To see the number of litigants who rose their hand after the first one is fairly common these days...but it is certainly not always unfounded. This is another "do you want justice or do you want and see money as your justice" scenario. The idea of someone being proven guilty and being punished by the legal system no longer exists. Just examine the concept of these lawsuits as a general type of civil litigation these days. What they say is..I say you did something really wrong but I'm ok with it if you pay me a lot of money. What's being fronted in DeShaun's case could be a felony if tried and convicted punishable by jail time etc.

It appears from what I've read, the offense would be along the lines of indecent exposure in a basic definition of accusation which in multiple accounts could be a felony. He was not accused of ######, abusing or doing anything of a physical assault nature. Indecent exposure in a massage parlor could, just in general, be a hard call. However-I'm not going to say that all these women were lying by any means as it seems obvious that with so many visits with stories makes you think something happened. To let oneself be even put in the position that DeShaun did definitely decries a problem of some sort. My point is, however, that the litigants description of events is a crime period....unless you pay me a lot of money, in which case it is not a crime.

I don't take settling lawsuits to mean much anymore because, even in the event that a defendant is totally innocent, the route of settling is the least painful--even though by the standards of right and wrong, it should not happen. It happens in all lines of work to the point that companies/government put you through all types of training to a) know what is considered to be an instance of... x,y,z and b)mostly to protect yourself from falling into a situation where someone of less than upstanding principles could point a finger at you for x,y,z.

SO where is the almighty righteous NFL when it comes to training and educating young athletes before they ever show up at a training camp. Not meant to be demeaning but every parent can tell "dumb kid" stories-doesn't mean the kids are really dumb but they can do something that you or others would regard as blatantly stupid-sometimes out of ignorance. If you extend the thinking, you now have some kids with endless pockets that do stupid dumb things. Since the endless pockets are attractive to those around them-seeing it as an opportunity to exploit them or just join in the fun, no one says a word. Seriously, no one knew DeShaun was seeing all these massage therapists and thought to bring to his attention the position he was putting himself in??

You know DeShaun is our guy and I don't want any of this to be true. I'm looking for every way to defend him based on my knowledge of him as a player at Clemson, perhaps to extremes. On the other side, I am a husband and father and I would rain down hell if I am on the other side of this situation and believe the accusations to be true. Something happened and maybe it could have been avoided so that massage therapists and DeShaun never had to deal with any of this.

There is mandatory training in every company and organization of any size. Perhaps the NFL has culpability in that they use young athletes to make money without providing proper training. Every young athlete going into the NFL should have to go through many types of mandatory training-IMHO and provided with all the information they need to have good safe careers free from all this drama. Maybe go into exquisite detail about traumatic brain injury (CTE)--spend less money on white collar salaries.

Everything has gone through it's proper legal channels. Now after all this time, a bunch of #### ant bureaucrats want to sweep in and try to claim to be a bunch of saints-unwilling to take responsibility for their own shortcomings in a profession that uses young people as a source of income. If I was an attorney that is something I would take a look at.

This got WAY longer than I ever intended so I'm doing minimal proofreading for spelling, sentence structure, dangling participles, improper use of punctuation and sentence fragments. Hope that is ok with "Roger"!

Does the 6-game suspension include pre-season games?***

Aug 1, 2022, 9:06 AM

No only regular season games***

Aug 1, 2022, 9:18 AM

Watson either sexually assaulted one or more women, or he didn't.

This 6 game ban is a joke. He should be banned 0 games or 1+ years.

Those of you that will be dressing up your children in #4 jerseys this fall: What do you tell them when they ask why he's suspended six games?

Aug 1, 2022, 9:21 AM

I mentioned it in an earlier reply, but I think it is such a light penalty because when owners have behaved poorly, there have been no penalties at all.

I personally thought it should have been a season-long ban.

Had he been found guilty of a crime then yes...***

Aug 1, 2022, 10:07 AM

Season long ban for what?***

Aug 1, 2022, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in ]

Re: Season long ban for what?***

Aug 1, 2022, 3:16 PM

Sexually assaulting 20+ women.

I get it, you think he didn't do it and are going to fundamentally misrepresent what the grand jury's decision meant to support that. I for one am not very inclined to believe the "he" side in a he said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said she said scenario.

Aug 2, 2022, 7:05 AM

Please give one good reason why a grand jury would fail to indict him if there was sufficient evidence. Grand juries are predisposed to indict even with extremely light evidence. They do not decide guilt or innocence, but only whether the case should be tried.

I know this because I served on a grand jury for two full years. We met monthly and considered every case brought before us by the DAs office. In all that time, I believe I recall only one instance in which we did not “true bill” a case the DA brought us.

As I say, we were predisposed to indict and to let a jury decide guilt or innocence.

The grand juries called to assess the cases brought against DW would have been similarly predisposed and yet they did not choose to indict him on any criminal charges.

Aug 2, 2022, 12:30 PM

Because the bar for criminal indictment is significantly higher than civil, or in this case, code of conduct violations.

On one hand you have several women who provided strong circumstantial evidence against DW. On the other, you have DW who is saying "every single one of these 24 women is lying and I did nothing wrong at all". mmmmk

The bar for “indictment” is not very high at all. The bar

Aug 2, 2022, 7:42 PM

for conviction is high. Getting an indictment is usually as simple as the DAs office bringing in their case and presenting what they’ve got. If the DA really wants it to go to trial, it will.

You obviously have never served on a grand jury.

If there was *any* compelling evidence of a crime, the grand jury would have indicted DW.

They chose not too.

We have seen people on TNet insisting DW committed a crime. They want to say he belongs in jail.

He did not, and he does not.

Re: The bar for “indictment” is not very high at all. The bar

Aug 4, 2022, 12:21 PM

And as we all know, the criminal justice system is infallible. All results must be upheld as undeniable truths that can never be questioned.

Just like OJ Simpson was innocent and any statement to the contrary is patently false due to a jury finding him innocent.

What exactly is your true goal in making all these posts?

Aug 4, 2022, 1:41 PM

My goal is to illustrate that Deshaun is guilty of no indictable criminal activity.

What is your goal?

Aug 2, 2022, 6:52 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in ]

I wish more came out. If it was assault how could DeShaun keep returning to the same place over and over with no interaction with the owner or law enforcement? I read the women's attorney is a personal friend of the Texans owner and the accusations started after Watson voiced his displeasure at not being consulted for the new coaches and GM. Who knows but it is a sorted story.

Aug 1, 2022, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in ]

Again, two separate/different Grand Jury hearings says there was no evidence of assault, or sexual misconduct!!!!

Aug 1, 2022, 12:04 PM

The lack of evidence was explicitly deliberate though, rather than proof of the biggest conspiracy in sports history is all.

Bottom line, Deshaun has an opportunity now that no penalty could ever give him. Here's hoping he's the same leader we KNOW him to be & have seen him be before with Habitat.

Aug 2, 2022, 12:31 PM

And here's hoping he buys some larger towels

Aug 3, 2022, 10:03 AM

Ha ha!

I don't mean to laugh at him, so to speak, but yeah, I suppose the joke is that the ruling was explicit about him NOT being able to bring his own tiny towels or using non-league therapists anymore.

Aug 1, 2022, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in ]

tell them "he had a hard time...and I emphasize "hard"...keeping himself to himself. But he's learned his lesson, we hope.

Aug 1, 2022, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in ]

What kid is gonna be asking that question though....smh

I’m honestly surprised it wasn’t a longer suspension.

Aug 1, 2022, 9:18 AM

Six games seems fair though, based on the details that have been shared.

I’m excited for Deshaun to move forward from this, returning to play at a high level. I hope he’s learned a lot from this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I was thinking it was going to be 3.***

Aug 1, 2022, 10:08 AM

Aug 1, 2022, 9:30 AM

I will be glad not to hear about this subject constantly.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Which is why he got 6. Because of the attention and buzz it

Aug 1, 2022, 10:08 AM

was bringing.

Aug 1, 2022, 9:32 AM

Overall he has cost himself millions as a result of this. And his brand will never fully recover in terms of respect and prestige. This will fade in memory but never fully go away. Really sad about that because he was about the last person you would ever think would be involved in these type allegations

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2022, 9:36 AM

Good points.
If you or I faced these same accusations we would be in jail.

Wrong! “You and I” would never have faced the accusations

Aug 1, 2022, 10:57 AM

because you and I are not high profile mega-rich NFL players with money to be extorted.

However you feel about Watson’s actions, you can be totally confident that no sleaze bag torts lawyer would have wasted his time working with these women to develop such a case against you or me.

It was all driven by the prospect of getting a big monetary settlement.

I hear you

Aug 1, 2022, 11:27 AM

I'm not sure it's unique to Deshaun is all, but his money.

I mean, my whole thing, & to your point, is this is about a rich guy. Think about it; virtually none of the people he's gone against as a lawyer are high-profile celebrities, but he's absolutely made a career against the rich.

Being rich is what got Deshaun in this situation in the first place, too, like having a private place to go and therefore no evidence of what he did or didn't do to anyone (I still think video evidence would help if it was just happy endings, for example).
All I'm saying is that part isn't unique to Deshaun, even if it's not necessarily unique to "you and I" not being rich, know what I mean?

Re: Wrong! “You and I” would never have faced the accusations

Aug 2, 2022, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Wrong! “You and I” would never have faced the accusations ]

You also likely wouldn't have asked 80 different women for massages in 18 months. Literally a different woman every week.

Aug 2, 2022, 8:22 PM

Yes, it appears that DW has a fetish and he has enough money to entertain it.

But, his actions are still not against the law. He committed no crime.

He is extremely rich and his actions, though legal, put him in a position to be extorted.

And yes ... tort lawyers make a living getting people to give testimony in order to get in line for a potential payoff.

The testimony of the women did not meet the threshold for criminal indictment. But, that was never the goal. The goal was a big financial settlement.

Apparently the goal has been achieved. Apparently justice has been served.

Time to move on ...

Aug 3, 2022, 10:08 AM

It sounds like he absolutely committed a crime that, had there been video evidence of, he'd literally be in PRISON. Think about that. That's how serious this is.

His tiny towels, Texans-branded NDA's & deliberate off-site scheduling was more of an extortion than they money they got from Deshaun after becoming a quarter-billionaire.

Look, we don't HAVE to deal with this. We can just ignore it & move on. But I strongly doubt Deshaun won't come out on top of this & set the record straight when he finally can (there's still one case pending) & then make amends. That's who he is, man.

And I can't wait to see what he does with it & revive the leadership we know him for, like he did with Habitat.

Aug 4, 2022, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Wrong! “You and I” would never have faced the accusations ]

If the actions that were alleged were videotaped, he would've been arrested. There is only anecdotal evidence, which is why he isn't being tried.

Exposing yourself purposefully to someone without their consent is illegal.

Keep in mind there were multiple women who corroborated similar stories but did not sue him for financial damages. I'm guessing they were lying too but just aren't "money grabbing" liars?

We wouldn't be in jail

Aug 1, 2022, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in ]

None of us would be in jail, though.

Whether he deliberately made sure there was no evidence or nothing ever happened & this was all one of the biggest group conspiracies in sports history, we wouldn't be in jail for allegations alone.

I think the irony there is video evidence may have actually helped him; if we KNEW it was just a few dozen happy endings for example & nothing more, maybe the allegations would have less weight.

How he handles it from here OFF the field is what matters. He was homeless & then built homes for the homeless. I don't think he would just ignore this & never address amends simply because of his history & the leadership here at Clemson, but time will tell, & I'm hopeful he becomes a vocal, public advocate.

Completely incorrect. In jail for what?

Aug 1, 2022, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in ]

People go to jail for breaking laws. No laws were broken. What could you possibly go to jail for?

Good point

Aug 1, 2022, 12:47 PM

To your point, even breaking the law really doesn't matter; being caught breaking the law is the outlier for any and all of us.

Re: Completely incorrect. In jail for what?

Aug 1, 2022, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Completely incorrect. In jail for what? ]

if there was evidence he caused women to touch his junk, without their consent, that's sexual assault. But if 45 can grab p**** on audio and keep his devoted following, I guess us Watson supporters can't really be blamed if we continue to support him.

“If there was evidence ...”. Yes ... IF

Aug 3, 2022, 10:16 AM

The grand juries weighed the evidence and found it lacking. You can hold lack of judgement and common sense or even lax morals against DW if you want to. He’s guilty of those things. But, he is guilty of no crime regardless of the particular slant his accusers and their hustler want to apply to his actions. And, bringing partisan politics into the discussion adds nothing of value.

Aug 1, 2022, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in ]

If a person of wealth visits those types of places long enough, someone in those legal prostitution houses will see away to lead their clients into a trap as one did, and the rest of just followed!!!

Aug 3, 2022, 10:09 AM

But he wasn't "visiting those places," though?

He sought them out, & brought them to his places, know what I mean? From what we've read it sounds like the majority of the therapists he chose to hire worked off-site by nature, rather than him going somewhere to get exploited, know what I mean?

Aug 1, 2022, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in ]

When last time you walked on water?

Aug 1, 2022, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in ]

When last time you walked on water?

Aug 1, 2022, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in ]

I agree with you. With out getting into all the specifics - DW4 is clearly guilty at a minimum of some really bad judgement and decision making. And to your point about the damage to his brand - this whole sordid mess has just about guaranteed that his name will never be included in a place of honor on the stadium wall with all the other Tiger greats over the years.

Message was edited by: GonzoRugger86®

Aug 1, 2022, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Deshaun Watson suspension ruling decision in ]

How many more millions does he need? 240 of them is quite a lot and he still has sponsors. I tella this suspension rubs me the wrong way!!

I think that's pretty much exactly what most people

Aug 1, 2022, 9:32 AM

expected.

At least the wait is over and he can start to move forward.

Aug 1, 2022, 9:43 AM

I'd imagine he'll appeal the 6 games and at least get it reduced to possibly 4.

If he only gets 6, he better take it and run. Nfl pushing for

A year. Nflpa already said they won’t appeal. If nfl doesn’t then DW would be better off to just take the hit and move on with his life.

That was all for PR purposes...

Aug 1, 2022, 10:12 AM

"A source told Yahoo Sports that the NFL wanted the public to know that it had pushed for that year-long suspension before the discipline hearing."

I wouldn’t doubt that way the can blame someone else but

Aug 1, 2022, 10:23 AM

My point is I seriously doubt DW appeals

Re: At least the wait is over and he can start to move forward.

Aug 1, 2022, 10:41 AM [ in reply to At least the wait is over and he can start to move forward. ]

He has already said he will not appeal. I think he is ready to move on.

Re: At least the wait is over and he can start to move forward.

Aug 1, 2022, 11:51 AM [ in reply to At least the wait is over and he can start to move forward. ]

It says right in the article that he and the NFLPA agreed not to appeal it. The only way he may appeal it is if the NFL decides to go harsher than the judge said. He could have an argument that him sitting out last year could constitute his suspension. will it work probably not but it could.

Aug 1, 2022, 10:42 AM

Hopefully it is over for the most part but there is still some lawsuits

Time to move on

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would any penalty make it right, though?

Aug 1, 2022, 10:45 AM

No penalty would ever matter; he's got 1/4-billion & a bright NFL future. A year, 3 years, $350k or $4 million, it's all kinda incidental for most fans.

What's WAY more important to me is how he stands up off the field.

He was homeless, then built homes for the homeless.

He did wrong by women, & now has the chance to help countless others if he chooses.

It would be a sincere surprise if Deshaun chooses to do nothing. He's been such a powerful advocate for the things that have affected his life in the past, & with the leadership he's grown into from Clemson's own leaders & their guidance, he has a chance to truly rise above in a way no penalty could ever do.

Here's hoping he does exactly that, albeit the waiting is the hardest part.

Hopefully the lawyers didn't make a dime..........

Aug 1, 2022, 12:18 PM

The ones opposing DW4 that is. I don't see how they could have unless they took a cut of the settlement payments. Still - couldn't be much after a year+ on this case.

I'm sure Hardin and his team made out like bandits off DW4.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How could rights be violated when they're doing their job?

Aug 1, 2022, 12:29 PM

These women are sex workers (I think that's the 2022 way of describing prostitutes). There are massage parlors all over Houston. The police turn a blind eye to them unless an election is coming up or a big convention is coming to town - in which case they "relocate" near the location of the convention.

How could their rights be violated when they're just doing their jobs? And long term - they hurt themselves. These guys have a lot of money (and let's be clear, DW4 was not the only one to take advantage of their services). I'm sure they paid very well and that pipeline is dried up for a long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How could rights be violated when they're doing their job?

Aug 1, 2022, 12:54 PM

My guy, that's just not accurate though, at least not per the NFL & the story we're talking about above; these were not explicit prostitutes or just under a different name.

He probably SHOULD have gone that route, now that you mention it.

And for what it's worth, he can still hire prostitutes; the penalty only stipulates he can't hire private therapists.

Aug 1, 2022, 1:06 PM

The best news DW4 and the Browns could have received. If only he had a foot fettish instead, none of this would have happened. ?

So in sum he is just suspended for promiscuous behavior...

Aug 1, 2022, 2:34 PM

shouldn’t have been suspended at all but cancel culture ensured some kind of suspension. Two grand jury’s decided not too charge him, that should have been the deciding factor, not Roger Goodell wanting to cancel Deshaun

Re: So in sum he is just suspended for promiscuous behavior...

Aug 1, 2022, 4:54 PM

If he was guilty why did 23 of 24 women settle, and 30 of 30 settle with the Texans. They all settled because the laywers wanted their payday.

Anyway, this news cycle ends, now onto Robert Kraft entering the HOF.

Re: So in sum he is just suspended for promiscuous behavior...

Aug 1, 2022, 7:12 PM [ in reply to So in sum he is just suspended for promiscuous behavior... ]

He paid for sex. That's against conduct policy in NFL contract. It's not cancel culture culture genius.

Actually, no it's not.......

Aug 2, 2022, 12:35 AM

Paying for sex is not even mentioned in the NFL Personal Conduct Policy (it's online). 95% of the policy is related to being convicted of a crime in a court. There are some "catch-all" statements it could be included in (maybe) but it's not a specific topic.

Genius they accused him of sexual assault not soliciting prostitution...

Aug 2, 2022, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: So in sum he is just suspended for promiscuous behavior... ]

Stick to the facts genius.

And the judge concluded that he did commit sexual assault

Aug 2, 2022, 9:59 AM

This is not vindication for Deshaun; it's the exact opposite of that. He's basically getting off on a technicality.

Aug 1, 2022, 2:34 PM

Deshaun will be slinging it again before we know it and I don't mean hash!
As far as I'm concerned he was essentially suspended for the entire last year.

After reading the Judge's written ruling

Aug 2, 2022, 9:55 AM

I would be very surprised if the suspension remained only 6 games. The judge determined that DW4 was guilty of everything the NFL attests; the only reason he wasn't suspended for a year was because the NFL did its normal sheet job of creating the policy. They did not define beforehand what nonviolent sexual assault was, and had set a precedent that 6 games was the standard for this type of violation. The judge established that Deshaun's behavior was unprecedented and gave Goodell the ammo he needs to drop the hammer. I wouldn't be surprised if he doubled the suspension.

Replies: 82
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic