Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Top Florida wide receiver and his mother love Clemson visit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: Top Florida wide receiver and his mother love Clemson visit

Jun 28, 2022, 8:00 AM

Top Florida wide receiver and his mother love Clemson visit

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The question will boil down to, as a testament to the mess

Jun 28, 2022, 8:41 AM

that is college football right now, can, or will his family be able to ignore the NIL bagman from some of these superboosters. On his current list, that would be Miami, at this point. I am sure Clemson has an NIL program established. I am also sure it doesn't run anywhere close to what some of these numbers are that I hear being tossed around for other schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The question will boil down to, as a testament to the mess

Jun 28, 2022, 9:26 AM

I think other than a handful of the very elite recruits the NIL deals are much much smaller. People don’t want to get DJed, and dump all this money into a kid without seeing results. Let’s face it though NIL isn’t going anywhere. What I do think is that the entire main stream media owes Dabo Swinney an apology. His concern was never losing recruits for more money. He never said that. His concern was never young men having a chance to earn a few bucks. His concern was the overall effect it has on education. Think about this for a second. I’m sure schools all have something similar to iPtay not as amazing but similar. IPtay isn’t a football only program it’s an athletic program. Woukd softball be where it is without iPtay? Well what happens when donors stop giving to iPtay and donate strictly to football only nil collectives? It crushes the other sports. Without other sports how many kids lose a chance to go to college because their parents cannot afford a school like Clemson university? Title IX is a joke because NIL hurts womens sports more than anything. I hope these young men are making decisions based on their futures not the immediate cash in hand and advice from morons. Sadly we know in many cases that’s not what is happening.

Jun 28, 2022, 12:44 PM

IMmostHO, the only way to fix the NIL for it to be totally fair for all collegiate sports across the board, would be through individual sports. Have a D1 FB players account, and only D1 FB players across the country to get a share from the NIL account that was gained by NIL deals that were paid to the top FB players across the country.

Have an NIL account for each individual sport, and that sport shares what ever they got paid through their NIL deals to that sports players. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Women's Softball, and so on, those players get a share of what their players made in their individual sport!!!

D1 Football, D1 Basketball, D1 Baseball, D1 Soccer, D1 Women's Softball, and so on only share in what their individual sport was paid through NIL deals. That is about the only way that I see for it to be fair, and if they want more, they better get good enough to play pro sports bc they are in college, and college is an advanced educational environment, with sports added after school hours. And if the courts can't find their way to accept that, maybe they should support something like Supreme Court sports for young college age athletes that most wasn't bright enough to pass the very same college entrance exams that career minded college students had to pass before allowed entry!!!

The judges that sit back and make rules for college sports, never once thought about this, if it wasn't for having a talent for individual sports, most of those kids would have never seen a college class room, and they wouldn't have if not for HS sports leading the way for athletic kids to excel with their HS education to play college sports for free tuition into college with a lower entrance exam for underprivilege kids. Wake up Supreme Courts, college sports was the leading stone for HS kids to excel while in HS, where at least 50% of those kids that were talented enough to play a certain sport, would have dropped out of HS if not for the privilege to play college sports, that most knew that college sports was a stepping stone for pro sports. So there you go Supreme Court, college sport has been a life saver for underprivilege kids that the court didn't concern themselves with before big government saw a way to reap a huge payday from those underprivilege kids with a talent for sports!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2022, 9:44 AM [ in reply to The question will boil down to, as a testament to the mess ]

There’s a lot of #### mansions in downtown Greenville with Clemson flags flying on them. How do you butt munching whiners even know what’s going on with NIL money? It’s not like Clemson doesn’t have any successful alumni like you ### clowns keep insinuating. It’s really come to my attorney late that most of you know absolutely jack #### about football or recruiting or anything else. In fact, I could fart right now sitting in my office, and of course it would smell like a #### rose, and that fart would know more about football than most of you scrubs.
Yes, please downvote, my goal is to get to 0.

Jun 28, 2022, 9:46 AM

Attention, not #### attorney, #### auto correct.

Jun 28, 2022, 11:11 AM

Someone needs their binky, sippy cup, and nap pad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2022, 6:14 AM

True and it’s also too bad that he’s totally right.

Clemson has plenty of NIL. They aren’t trying to ######## recruits with it like a couple of those Texas schools, but they are competitive. I also don’t understand why these jagoffs keep insinuating otherwise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Sounds like Madison and Mom had a great visit

Jun 28, 2022, 11:09 AM

That's good news ... and he's an extremely well spoken young man ... Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Top Florida wide receiver and his mother love Clemson visit

Jun 28, 2022, 12:35 PM

Come home to Clemson.. Mr President!!!

??????

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic