Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: TigerImpact signs NIL deals with 16 Clemson student-athletes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

TNET: TigerImpact signs NIL deals with 16 Clemson student-athletes

Jun 7, 2022, 3:52 PM

TigerImpact signs NIL deals with 16 Clemson student-athletes

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still difficult for this ole Tiger to fathom paying college fb players beyond

Jun 7, 2022, 4:12 PM

4 years of college tuition, books, meals, later legal spending money stipends, etc.

So, are you saying we are now in the semi-pro league era and a player can make thousands to multi-millions a year for attending college under a free schollie?

Whoa..how original is this and really shouldn't cause any real problems.

LOL and good luck!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still difficult for this ole Tiger to fathom paying college fb players beyond

Jun 7, 2022, 4:16 PM

Agree, but a least giving some back is a pretty nice attempt for these Clemson youngsters to use it in a positive way. Nothing wrong with that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still difficult for this ole Tiger to fathom paying college fb players beyond

Jun 7, 2022, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Still difficult for this ole Tiger to fathom paying college fb players beyond ]

Matching these athletes NIL deals with nonprofit charitiy participation in areas they are passionate about is a GRRReat idea!

This gives an opportunity to allow elite level student/athletes to do more than seek their own personal gain but to also leverage their financial standing and networking influence in a way that benefits disadvantaged segments of society and brings awareness to those in need.

WAY TO GO CLEMSON!!!

110%

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: TigerImpact signs NIL deals with 16 Clemson student-athletes

Jun 7, 2022, 4:18 PM

I applaud TigerImpact and our student athletes for their commitment and creativity. Finally, someone figured out a way to make something good out of NIL. Our student athletes have a chance to make a commitment to their communities and be compensated in a way that helps others, as opposed to just receiving a pile of cash for signing a letter of intent. I would much rather support our student athletes and our dedicated donors who figured out a way to make lemonade out of lemons and help a lot of worthwhile causes along the way, than support those other programs like that cesspool in Texas where the head coach thought it was a good idea to tug on Superman's cape.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2022, 4:53 PM

Wagner is probably gone. Annabelle Pancake should get a deal. Basketball player(s) ? What's the selection criteria? Glad to see a men's golfer get one but others are more deserving than Zack Gordon imo.

I understand it's a brave new world but I just can't get used to the idea.

Jun 11, 2022, 12:00 AM

What an appropriate way for student athletes to use NIL.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic