Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson RB target commits to SEC school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson RB target commits to SEC school

Jan 8, 2022, 1:13 PM

Clemson RB target commits to SEC school

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson RB target commits to SEC school

Jan 8, 2022, 1:16 PM

His reasoning was very understandable. Said he had nothing but love for Clemson. I remember when Travis took the shot heard around the world when he committed to Clemson.

Jan 8, 2022, 2:33 PM

Agreed. Travis left a large shadow. Florida is not a good team right now, so hopefully he doesn't end up drowning in the literal swamp that is UF football.

Jan 8, 2022, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson RB target commits to SEC school ]

Watch his film. He isn't his brother. Good riddance to him.

Jan 8, 2022, 4:32 PM

Some of the things you say make it seem like you’re not even Clemson fans

Felt like that was coming

Jan 8, 2022, 1:19 PM

Get some commitments soon

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2022, 1:26 PM

Give him a Year or 2 of minor league play, and then bring him over thru portal.

Jan 8, 2022, 1:28 PM

So much for the power of legacy. Maybe the Shipley effect made a difference. Why go to a school where another RB will get most of the publicity?

We lucked up with ETN, in a way, and him with us after all said

Jan 8, 2022, 1:35 PM

& done in that no one could have seen just how great he would be..and he was! One of the most enjoyable runners I’ve seen at Clemson or anywhere what with his explosiveness thru the line, ability to break tackles and then the unreal long runs for very important TD’s.

Yep, little Bro (Trevor) did himself a favor not to follow where his Bro went and I respect him & ETN for their love for Clemson. Mutual!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He fully explained. No need to speculate further.

Jan 8, 2022, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson RB target commits to SEC school ]

He didn't want to play in his brother's shadow and he likes Gainesville. No need to try and force a narrative.

Jan 8, 2022, 1:38 PM

yeah, um, good luck

Jan 8, 2022, 1:39 PM

I can understand. Having to live in the shadow of his older brother and trying to live up to it would be more pressure than I’d want.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2022, 2:00 PM

Disappointed is how I feel. After the offer was sent to the other running back earlier this week I expected this out come. Good luck to him and hopefully he won’t be disappointed with his college choice once it’s over.

Good luck Trevor. Wish u all the best******

Jan 8, 2022, 2:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can’t really blame him. Big shoes to fill at Clemson.

Jan 8, 2022, 2:16 PM

Big shoes to fill anywhere he goes.

Honestly, it remains to be seen exactly how good he is in his own right, and how much of his recruiting hype was due to his name.

Good luck to him as a Gator.

Jan 8, 2022, 2:40 PM

There was unfortunately a doubt that he would be going to Florida.

As expected, now we’ll have to be on commitment watch for rb Paul.***

Jan 8, 2022, 2:59 PM

Jan 8, 2022, 3:10 PM

He went to Florida to be closer to his brother in Jacksonville! So he did follow his brother in a way.

He has always been pretty clear about wanting to go elsewhere than his brother.

It would be hard following the legacy of ETN at Clemson. Florida has a former Clemson RB & the brother of a Clemson legend, we knew the football world would be trying to be like Clemson as Dabo said when he came & set the standard, BEST!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

No surprise

Jan 8, 2022, 3:22 PM

It had been rumoured for weeks that he was headed to FL to possibly be closer to his brother during football season...

Jan 8, 2022, 4:59 PM

??

Jan 8, 2022, 5:50 PM

Probably the best choice for him. He wouldn’t see much action with the three RBs ahead of him at Clemson. And who would want to play for “fake accent” Kelly in corndog town?

Jan 8, 2022, 8:16 PM

Not a bad decision. Have you seen our RB room right now. Looking at 2 years most likely to get significant playing time.

Plus he is closer to Travis. Don’t blame him one bit.

Jan 9, 2022, 1:35 PM

True but on off weekends big Brother ETN be visiting Tiger Town. I doubt he will stay there with portal mess if can't start for one team jump to next team via portal.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TEK

Jan 9, 2022, 8:42 AM

I said long before his commitment that there was no way he was coming to Clemson to constantly be compared to big brother, ETN left to big of a foot print behind for a family member to try and follow in, and he would have been compared!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2022, 1:06 PM

Sad part is if ETN actually played 4 quarters each game most top RBs wouldn't want to come to Clemson to be compared to him.

TEK

Jan 9, 2022, 9:07 AM

Florida probably made him the best offer - NIL money now dictates these decisions. Expect the SEC to continue to become the highest level “minor league” for the pros. The other conferences can’t compete with the TV money the SEC is raking in. It is huge now and getting even bigger. The ACC’s deal is peanuts. Clemson must be content with competing for the ACC and now and then upsetting an SEC team in the playoffs.

Jan 9, 2022, 1:29 PM

Clemson should add Alabama to its out of conference schedule if Saban's not scared. Least in the past Auburn UGA and soon LSU start getting their schedules. Clemson should have been part of SEC long before TAMU Missouri and soon to be UT and OU. ESPN is trying their best to get all SEC final 4s. NCAA football has gone down hill ever since SEC created BCS.

TEK

Jan 9, 2022, 10:14 AM

Does going to Florida move Trevor out of the shadow of his brother? Having a nationally recognized brother next door will be a constant reminder of expectations to people in the Florida area.

Jan 9, 2022, 1:16 PM

Not gonna lie, super bummed about this. Loved Travis ETN, and it would’ve been awesome to have his brother follow his path. Best of luck at Florida

Jan 9, 2022, 1:22 PM

I didn't expect him to pick Clemson for 2 reasons first he didn't want to be in his brothers shadow. Second with Clemson's RBs now he wouldn't get much playing time freshman year. I thought he would pick LSU.

TEK

Jan 9, 2022, 8:25 PM

I don’t think I really depend on our Class Ranking… it appears Ga has been in the Top 10-15 the last 8 or 9 years and let’s face it, this is their 1st real trip to the playoffs so is it X & Os or Jimmy’s and Joes. Looks like you need committed players and Great Coaches to put them together….

Jan 10, 2022, 9:03 AM

Can’t blame him one bit. Playing the game is difficult enough add to it being compared to the greatest running back in school history is more than anyone can/should have to handle.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic