Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Rutgers tops Tigers in ACC/Big Ten Challenge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

TNET: Rutgers tops Tigers in ACC/Big Ten Challenge

Nov 30, 2021, 11:22 PM

Rutgers tops Tigers in ACC/Big Ten Challenge

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Rutgers tops Tigers in ACC/Big Ten Challenge

Dec 1, 2021, 12:08 AM

Brilliant.... " we just didn't play well enough today". Hmmm, you think coach. Problem seems to be even when we DO play well enough, we find a way to lose. Dissapointing because I really believed this team would be a pleasant surprise this year.

All I can say is batten down the hatches ladies and gents. We're in for a long off season I'm afraid. Dissapointing FB season given projected expectations. And a sinking feeling we're losing one of, if not the most charismatic FB coaches Clemson has ever had.

Never a stretch in Clemson football have we witnessed such a dominating defense and developed NFL talent as CBV did.

May be horrible to say, but I'll gladly suffer through another dissapointing basketball season if it meant CBV would be on our sideline come spring practice.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must not have witnessed the 80's up to about '93...

Dec 1, 2021, 9:09 AM

that was a period of Clemson defensive excellence that set the standard for what we have witnessed with Venables...

But as for basketball, yeah, this game was a foreshadowing of the season to come. Someone commended Hall for not being foul prone in previous games, and I commented that it would change once conference play starts because he won't get the benefit of the doubt against the top half of the conference. We are already small, comparatively, with him in the lineup, and we get extremely small when he's on the bench.

Rutgers had lost 3 in a row to DePaul, Lafayette, and UMass, and they don't look like they are going to finish in the top half of the big 10 this year. There are a few things I observed in our team that do not bode well, the worst of which is offensive sets that produce points from 15 feet in... we lack a system that allow our wing players to knock down shorter range shots before stepping back to long range.

I hope we find a way to get our lineups better shots than a post player trying to create around the basket only to have to kick it out for a jumpshot... we've lived and died with that in far too many seasons, and we don't have the knock down shooters like Reed, Devoe, and Blossomgame on this team; at least they haven't shown up like that yet...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You must not have witnessed the 80's up to about '93...

Dec 1, 2021, 11:32 AM

Lived up there and went to every single game in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's... And a ton of bball games too.

While true we had stud defense. We've always been known for our D. I should have qualified that but didn't intend on writing a book.

Simply making a couple points on this fall sports season has been dissapointing. We've had a ton of optimism going into a long winter for the last decade... Am I overestimating the importance of CBV, perhaps, but I love the guy and the energy and intensity he brings. With every game available on TV/streaming, kids love seeing CBV on TV.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right. Gee whiz, I wonder who

Dec 1, 2021, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Rutgers tops Tigers in ACC/Big Ten Challenge ]

is ultimately responsible for the team playing well. It couldn’t possibly be the head coach!

I’m so sick of this.

If things don’t get better, it’s going to be really hard to stay interested and keep the faith throughout this long season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right. Gee whiz, I wonder who

Dec 1, 2021, 11:29 AM

After 10 yrs of ups and downs ( mostly downs ) we should be use to disappointment in basketball , won't be a long season for me because I don't watch ,I've taken up an interesting hobby to replace Brownell basketball ( watching paint dry )

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2021, 2:54 PM

I turned it off early, knew what the result, would be unfortunately

My Rutgers buddies were very happy beating an ACC team AGAIN

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2021, 5:57 PM

Rutgers owns us in basketball?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

No, but they've won the last two and trending

Dec 2, 2021, 11:12 AM

to win any future matchups...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic