Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Visiting Pittsburgh: A quick guide of what to see and do as Tigers visit Pitt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

TNET: Visiting Pittsburgh: A quick guide of what to see and do as Tigers visit Pitt

Oct 22, 2021, 8:00 AM

Visiting Pittsburgh: A quick guide of what to see and do as Tigers visit Pitt

The University of Pittsburgh joined the ACC a decade ago, and as unbelievable as it is, Clemson will travel to Pitt for the first time since conference expansion and its league entrance in 2013. (Photo courtesy Pitt Athletics). Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Visiting Pittsburgh: A quick guide of what to see and do as Tigers visit Pitt

Oct 22, 2021, 8:09 AM

Thank you
Heading over from NJ this afternoon.

I have been to Pittsburgh ....

Oct 22, 2021, 8:58 AM

On top of the incline, on top of "Mt Washington" (think of it as a big bluff f that overlooks the city) ... there are all kinds of bars and restaurants, with "Red Beard's" my favorite. Its an old school Pittsburgh Sports Bar that serves Perogies !

Now across the river from there is the Stadium. Lots of people tailgate on the side of river across from the Stadium, the "Mt. Washington" side .... there are shuttle boats aka ferries that constantly run to and fro ... it really is an experience. Shuttle/ferries are cheap.

The second Red Beards in the downtown, close to The Strip ... that's relativally new and is your typical yuppy bar ... go to the Old School one ... its real 'merica.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep - the top of the incline is the place to eat & drink !***

Oct 22, 2021, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: TNET: Visiting Pittsburgh: A quick guide of what to see and do as Tigers visit Pitt

Oct 22, 2021, 9:02 AM

I have not been to a Pit game but for the Steelers games many people eat and drink in the strip district and then walk across the bridge to the stadium. I've been waiting for years to go there for the Clemson game. It is a great sports city and beautiful city scape setting with the 3 rivers (don't miss the park where the rivers converge), Mt Washington and the other things you mention. Let's play up to the level of the background - GO TIGERS

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2021, 9:04 AM

Personally, I love the city of Pittsburgh. I've had some good experiences there and enjoy visiting. Steeler fans are crazy, but in a funny way and very loud and obnoxious. It's way more of an NFL town than a college town, but that's to be expected with the success of the Steelers and lack of same from the Panthers.

There's a lot more to do in Pittsburgh than this.

Oct 22, 2021, 9:11 AM

Use this site in lieu of Patty.

https://www.visitpittsburgh.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2021, 9:49 AM

So great of tnet to post this article. Thanks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic