Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: Former Clemson LB retires from NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: Report: Former Clemson LB retires from NFL

Sep 22, 2021, 5:23 PM

Report: Former Clemson LB retires from NFL

BJ Goodson's return to NFL action lasted one game. Goodson, 28, signed with the New York Jets last week, but on Wednesday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Goodson has retired from the NFL. Goodson logged 91 tackles and two interceptions over 14 games (all starts) with the Cleveland Browns last se Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A cursory search says he has banked over four million

Sep 22, 2021, 5:37 PM

dollars, not counting whatever he got for the short time playing this year. If he had any kind of sound financial strategery at all, he should be set for life. That is one of the things I love about Dabo's program, it gets our players acclimated to things in the business side of life via the PAW Journey and other financial counseling. As long as B.J. doesn't feel the need to live a total Bling style life, he and his children shouldn't be hurting for cash.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always hope that players grasp that side of their Clemson

Sep 22, 2021, 5:44 PM

experience. The degree and life skills are what most are going to have to rely on for the rest of their lives. Most are not going to make NFL!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A cursory search says he has banked over four million

Sep 22, 2021, 8:03 PM [ in reply to A cursory search says he has banked over four million ]

Dont forget, he has an nfl pension for life. I wish i had what hes going to get for 5 + seasons.

Re: A cursory search says he has banked over four million

Sep 22, 2021, 8:25 PM [ in reply to A cursory search says he has banked over four million ]

One of the best under Dabo. Congrats on a good first career! On to the next thing!

$5,322,208, to be exact

Sep 23, 2021, 8:40 AM [ in reply to A cursory search says he has banked over four million ]

https://overthecap.com/player/bj-goodson/4822/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Report: Former Clemson LB retires from NFL

Sep 22, 2021, 5:56 PM

He was one of the most sure tacklers I ever saw at Clemson. Guys never got away from him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2021, 6:50 PM

BJ, congratulations on having a fine career. God bless you as you start the next chapter in your journey! :)

Sep 22, 2021, 8:15 PM

He is one of Darlington county finest that had exceptional football career. Job well done!

Sep 22, 2021, 8:15 PM

He is one of Darlington county finest that had exceptional football career. Job well done!

For those that don't remember what Kevin Steele said...

Sep 22, 2021, 8:24 PM

The year we recruited BJ was 2011, he was a 3 star but we got two 5*s, Tony Stewart and Stephone Anthony and a 4* Lateek Townsend. Some fans were complaining that about BJ playing before Stewart, Anthony pretty much played as a Fresh, but Tony came in with ACL.

I remember Steele not only defending playing BJ as a backup before other high profile players, but Steele said he has the highest ceiling and will be an NFL LB. Out of that group, while Anthony has probably made more money, I am pretty sure BJ has played more NFL football snaps.

Re: The Jets Will Make You Retire A Lot Sooner Than Planned ---

Sep 23, 2021, 2:09 AM

????

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic