Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Analyst says Trevor Lawrence has missed out on at least $150 million in earnings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

TNET: Analyst says Trevor Lawrence has missed out on at least $150 million in earnings

Apr 21, 2021, 10:43 AM

Analyst says Trevor Lawrence has missed out on at least $150 million in earnings

Trevor Lawrence is set to go No. 1 overall and kick off the next stage in his professional career next week with the NFL draft. One Sports Illustrated analyst did wonder recently just how much Lawrence could have already profited off of his stature as a player already, and the figures are pretty sta Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Analyst says Trevor Lawrence has missed out on at least $150 million in earnings

Apr 21, 2021, 10:50 AM

If “ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas”. Surprised he didn’t throw Trevor’s parents under the bus for not conceiving 3 years earlier.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Analyst says Trevor Lawrence has missed out on at least $150 million in earnings

Apr 22, 2021, 5:44 PM

Have you heard the one about bullfrogs????

Apr 21, 2021, 10:50 AM

If “ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas”. Surprised he didn’t throw Trevor’s parents under the bus for not conceiving 3 years earlier.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2021, 11:05 AM

Poor boy doesn't have 2 nickels to rub together :(

I enjoyed the "what if" Marvel series.***

Apr 21, 2021, 11:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I enjoyed the "what if" Marvel series.***

Apr 24, 2021, 12:58 PM

Dude. YES.

Apr 21, 2021, 11:24 AM

Just imagine how much Jim Thorpe missed out on.......

What a dumb writer!

Imagine how much money Jesus lost. His 40 time was so fast he

Apr 22, 2021, 10:14 AM

Could walk on water .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 21, 2021, 11:59 AM

Probably the dumbest, least relevant nor informative piece of garbage I ever read.
Not unlike saying if I had just chosen the correct lotto numbers I would certainly be rich. ?????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2021, 12:01 PM

Amazing figures and it would also be mind blowing what he might have missed if the Jets still had the #1 pick.

This is going to ruin college athletics and college athletes

Apr 21, 2021, 12:10 PM

Now the focus (which was already stretched beyond what an 18-21 year old brain can handle) will have to accommodate the management of each players social media branding.?... We all know how hard it is to deal with a full college academic schedule.

Currently these athletes are having to balance the pressures of a college work load with a full time football schedule. Which is probably too much as it is. NOW we will be dumping the chaos of social media and personal branding onto their plate. Which i can tell you right now... this will dominate the brain-space of a 18-21 year old. In return, education and football (or whatever sport they play) will take a backseat.

And I would add..the social media get rich quick aspect of these college athletes lives will be the only one of the 3 that will dry up the quickest and leave them with nothing. Education adds the most to long term stability, Football is a distant second and can be life changing for a handful, but this social media money is fools gold. And it only serves those leeches that will serve themselves off the backs of these kids.

These kids already have a hard enough time living without the phone in their hand. Now we've made it mandatory and a part of the process. Really bad choice for short term payout.

Re: This is going to ruin college athletics and college athletes

Apr 21, 2021, 12:28 PM

Bart Starr & Johnny Unitas sure messed up by playing in the early years ??? just think what could have been***

It's already part of recruiting. The King of Hollywood even

Apr 21, 2021, 2:15 PM [ in reply to This is going to ruin college athletics and college athletes ]

said so.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/story/2021-01-02/usc-korey-foreman-recruiting-2021-clay-helton

But scheme was only part of the equation for Foreman, who made it clear throughout the recruiting process that the potential to build his brand would be a deciding factor wherever he landed. In December, USC put together a presentation over Zoom on name, image and likeness to help illustrate the value of its in-house creative lab and the opportunities that would be available to Foreman at USC.

The presentation made an impression on Foreman, who called it “insane.”

“It was like I’m the King of Hollywood,” Foreman said. “It’s everything that people talk about wanting to have. I couldn’t be the only one that was drooling when they talked about the numbers.”

Schools are already putting together packages for high school kids to show them how they will maximize their brand awareness and revenue.

null

If interest dies in college football

Apr 23, 2021, 9:55 AM [ in reply to This is going to ruin college athletics and college athletes ]

it will also kill some of the interest in the NFL. Many watch the NFL specifically to see their favorite college players. That being said, I like to be optimistic and believe that somehow it will work out.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Apr 21, 2021, 1:06 PM

Let’s be honest, much of the media is never going to like Trevor because he’s already made it clear that in a society that only cares about money and fame, money fame and football are not the biggest priorities in his life! How dare he!

We live in a society***

Apr 21, 2021, 3:02 PM

Re: We live in a society***

Apr 21, 2021, 5:08 PM

George is gettin upset!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2021, 1:06 PM

I'm gonna estimate that Andrew Bryant will continue to earn in the mid to upper $20,000s a year as a very mediocre writer for Sports Illustrated if he can't do better than this.

Apr 21, 2021, 1:13 PM

I missed out on Millions too because I wasn't a trust fund baby

This is about the dumbest thing I have read in a Long time

And I read T-net on regular basis - so that's something.......

null

Apr 22, 2021, 8:39 AM

Totally agree with you on this one. +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2021, 3:12 PM

Naw, he's just fine. I mean, between Bitcoin and New Spring they got him covered right? Am I doing it right House Coots?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lesson 1 - Journalists Are Crap***

Apr 21, 2021, 3:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2021, 4:01 PM

College sports (particularly football and basketball) as we know it are going away.

Enjoy it while we can. Once it becomes professional I’ll find something else to spend money/time on.

What kind of dumb $**+ is this?...***

Apr 21, 2021, 4:02 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2021, 5:40 PM

Why does TigerNet even post this garbage?

Apr 21, 2021, 7:17 PM

Because nothing gets more clicks than something that upsets people. It’s the same reason they post a story each time someone in the media says anything even slightly negative about Clemson, Dabo, or any of our players.

Apr 21, 2021, 7:15 PM

The writer may not have been trying to say this, but I feel like a lot of people blame college football for the 3 year rule when it’s actually an NFL rule.

I don’t see why the NFL is wrong for requiring 3 years of experience in college football(technically it’s just 3 years after high school I know) in order to be eligible to play in their league. I don’t see how that’s any different from any regular job that requires a college degree and/or a certain amount of experience.

Apr 21, 2021, 7:17 PM

Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle and Stan Musial must all feel really stupid!

But in all seriousness, can you imagine how rich someone like Thomas Edison would be if he were living today? He would be richer than the Walton family, Bill Gates, Larry Allen, Steve Wozniak, Steve Jobs, Bezos, and the guys that started Google combined!

Apr 22, 2021, 9:18 AM

I’ll never be able to get the time back that I wasted reading this stupid article.

Apr 22, 2021, 7:35 PM

That is about the best response I've read to the asinine comments by the analyst, but all of the comments on here have been pretty much right on target. The guy making the assumptions about what this may have cost Trevor has not one clue whether Trevor cost himself any money, or maybe even increased his wealth exponentially since he made his decision based on what is important to Trevor and his new wife. I have a feeling TL and family will be just fine, and he already is going to be making "life changing" money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2021, 5:01 PM

https://www.primogif.com/p/1mjZ33k4qBCF2

Apr 23, 2021, 10:02 AM

Trevor has the intelligence to realize that money alone cannot be your life. Your experiences are what make it worth living. The fact that he declined to attend the NFL draft in order to share the experience with his teammates and friends is proof.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Apr 23, 2021, 12:01 PM

He didn't "miss out". He turned down.

Dude, don’t think he’ll miss it. Already has companies lining up to pay him

Apr 23, 2021, 5:42 PM

And he hasn’t even signed an NFL contract yet.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic