Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: From unstoppable Bresee to Venables: Things we want to see as spring practice wraps
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: From unstoppable Bresee to Venables: Things we want to see as spring practice wraps

Mar 29, 2021, 1:31 PM

From unstoppable Bresee to Venables: Things we want to see as spring practice wraps

Spring practice 2021 concludes with the annual Clemson spring Game this weekend, and we have just a few more chances to get a peek inside head coach Dabo Swinney’s football program before the start of summer. That means there are still things we want to see. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: From unstoppable Bresee to Venables: Things we want to see as spring practice wraps

Mar 29, 2021, 2:11 PM

If I was a sports media person, there is no way I would go in with questions to BV about the bowl game. Those types of questions will get nothing worth printing, or repeating!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: From unstoppable Bresee to Venables: Things we want to see as spring practice wraps

Mar 29, 2021, 6:42 PM

Agree 1000% AO52. Rear view mirror. Everyone knows CBV has reviewed it and will fix it.

What I'd like to know if LaVonta is ready to be a starter over the older players, will he? Not trying to be negative Nancy but how much should Skalski and Jake play as rewards if lavonta is better... Is he happy being a 3rd yr 3rd stringer. We certainly don't need any portal stories between now and Sept... Asking, not saying but expect my TD fairy to show up. Idc.

To the experts, could LB play along with the other two... As in another position or move th other two to different positions.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^DON'T LISTEN TO THIS, DAVID....

Mar 30, 2021, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: From unstoppable Bresee to Venables: Things we want to see as spring practice wraps ]

We all want some answers from Brent about that abortion of a defense we saw on TV in the Rose Bowl. Good on you for not letting him skate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2021, 3:49 PM

I'm excited about a healthy Tyler Davis, Bresee and Murphy out at DE.

Mar 29, 2021, 5:34 PM

We have a dang good team, but we don’t have anybody that’s in any danger of being unstoppable.

Mar 29, 2021, 6:26 PM

Does Venebles usually go this long without talking or is there a reason?

1st Class Article

Mar 29, 2021, 11:49 PM

I am hoping to hear the following responses to your excellent questions:

1) Our DB's and S's had serious problems vs. LSU & Ohio St in playoffs. Understandable vs. LSU not so much vs. Ohio St. Tigers will give younger higher recruited players a legit opportunity to start and get reps as upperclassmen have failed at the highest levels. Davis, Wiggins, Greene, Booth. Who wants it? Mukuba, Mickens, a healthy Zanders, and hopefully Carter need to step up early.
2) Likewise at LB. Simpson will step up. Bentley and younger players can tackle and cover. Upperclassmen cannot. Bentley's a junior. He's been coached up. Let him play. Trotter ready?
3) Bresee, Murphy & Davis. This is our top tier. They need to lead team with Coach Skalski!
4) If Pace is half the back Chubb is, start the big bowling ball! Shipley's a potential star - give him CJ reps. LJ and and Mellusi can keep battling for p.t. Best man / best talent starts. Team with the most talent on the field in playoffs wins.
5) Give DJ the freedom to go through his progressions and find his stars. Hope to see Justin, EJ and Ngata start with Ajou backing up in slot, and Collins' Towers and Ladson backing up Ngata and EJ. Who wants it? Who is healthy? Whose hands are improved?
6) OL is so critical to playoffs. Rayburn seems to be a new man at Center. Tchio and Mayes should push at guards. McFadden and Parks are solid at tackles. Leigh is waiting in the wings. Can he start as freshman at G or T by mid-season?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2021, 7:30 AM

No mention of Ladson. Hes had a serious injury bug. Hope hes good to go

Mar 30, 2021, 10:32 PM

Have they moved Jake Venables to scout team yet?

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic