»
Topic: TNET: Elliott on OL: No lineup changes in store, but younger players will earn playing time
Replies: 7   Last Post: Nov 17, 2020, 8:17 AM by: clemson2003®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

TNET: Elliott on OL: No lineup changes in store, but younger players will earn playing time

Posted: Nov 16, 2020, 12:45 PM

Elliott on OL: No lineup changes in store, but younger players will earn playing time

Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott told the media Monday morning that while he doesn’t expect any lineup changes on the offensive line for this week’s game at Florida State, it’s imperative that the coaches continue to push the younger players into more playing time. Full Story »

Re: TNET: Elliott on OL: No lineup changes in store, but younger players will earn playing time

Posted: Nov 16, 2020, 1:02 PM

No reason not to give the newer guys more chances is there?

2021 orange level member

Re: TNET: Elliott on OL: No lineup changes in store, but younger players will earn playing time

[1]
Posted: Nov 16, 2020, 1:07 PM

Parks is too good to not be on the field.

Posted: Nov 16, 2020, 1:57 PM

All I see is Elliot saying that he wants to throw the ball on the perimeter more. Soooooo he hasn't learned anything about throwing the ball down the field and YES we do need personnel changes on the line.

So unless the starters got really good at that "technique" over the last week....we can expect more of the same.

2021 white level member

I think he said the OL has missed TL and his experience.

Posted: Nov 16, 2020, 2:10 PM

Also, it’s been pretty obvious that the opposing defenses have not worried about the QB running the ball the last two games.

DJ has been great in relief, but he still has a lot to learn and his injury has limited him physically.

Trevor’s return will help the OL to be more effective in everything they do.

I disagree....

Posted: Nov 16, 2020, 2:13 PM

we had O-Line problems even when Trevor was in. Trevor knows the offense better and can get the ball out quicker but that doesn't make the o-line block longer or better for runs.

2021 white level member

^ This

Posted: Nov 17, 2020, 8:09 AM

+1

nullmilitary_donation.jpg

Re: I disagree....

Posted: Nov 17, 2020, 8:17 AM

I agree and disagree with you. The OL didn’t play great with TL, but ETN’s two worst games of the season in terms on yards per carry came in the two games without Lawrence. I think the defense not having to account for the RPO makes things even harder on the OL.

Having TL back isn’t going to suddenly make the OL great, but it’ll make them not quite as bad.

2021 white level member

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: (4) Section D...$4400 for the four. Email if interested. Go Tigers!!

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1261 people have read this post