Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Good luck, Dino: Quick reaction to 2020 Clemson and ACC football schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: Good luck, Dino: Quick reaction to 2020 Clemson and ACC football schedule

Jul 30, 2020, 8:01 AM

Good luck, Dino: Quick reaction to 2020 Clemson and ACC football schedule

The orange Tiger paws dotting the roads leading into Clemson shined a little brighter Wednesday evening. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Good luck, Dino: Quick reaction to 2020 Clemson and ACC football schedule

Jul 30, 2020, 8:13 AM

I disagree David, I like the divisions but with ND in it does make an unbalanced number of teams. And speaking of ND I am glad there was some concession on ND’s part (sharing the tv money) but I still say they need to be a full fledged member going forward.

Looking at all the away schedules - Syracuse definitiely

Jul 30, 2020, 8:45 AM

looks to have a tough road with Clemson, UNC, Notre Dame and Louisville. That Pitt game may not be a cakewalk for them either...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking at all the away schedules - Syracuse definitiely

Jul 30, 2020, 1:35 PM

Toughest Schedule:

Syracuse, Wake, UVa & Pitt.

If looking at the top 7 teams, Miami and FSU have the toughest schedules. ND has the easiest with 3 of their 4 toughest games at home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State is definitely the easiest.

Jul 30, 2020, 2:50 PM

They don't get us or Notre Dame.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NC State is definitely the easiest.

Jul 30, 2020, 3:51 PM

And at least fSU at home

I wish we played State UNC and Dook every year

Jul 30, 2020, 9:12 AM

over Sarahcuse and BC and Loserville and Pit

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish we played State UNC and Dook every year

Jul 30, 2020, 11:17 AM

^^^^^^ What he said ??????

Re: TNET: Good luck, Dino: Quick reaction to 2020 Clemson and ACC football schedule

Jul 30, 2020, 9:40 AM

Let's face it, with 15 teams playing 10 conference games there is little chance that all the teams would be happy with their schedule. One most important fact is we are the Number 1 team in the nation and who we play should be no concern. There is some merit to the FSU side of the story because my guess is the 14 other coaches would rather play our group of VT, Wake, Cuse and BC instead of Florida State's group of UNC, Louisville, Duke and NC State. Everyone cannot be happy, get over it because the ACC did the best they could do under the circumstances.

Warchant guy is 'not funny' but more likely clueless

Jul 30, 2020, 9:55 AM

It's not about "protecting the Tigers", it is ALL about Swofford protecting UNC and the other 2 North Carolina schools...he doesn't care about Wake Forest.

Re: Warchant guy is 'not funny' but more likely clueless

Jul 30, 2020, 11:12 AM

No, he was just trying to be funny:
https://twitter.com/IraSchoffel/status/1288625236720721929?s=20

Jul 30, 2020, 11:44 AM

There will be no packed stands other universities have limited attendance to 20%. This is only going to anger Top level IPTAY members who purchase a lot of tickets. We will see how fair ticket Allocation will be this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Virginia Tech on the road is no brake for Clemson. 19

Jul 30, 2020, 11:52 AM

starters returning for Va. Tech. We have road games at Notre Dame, Virginia Tech and Florida State. And if Notre Dame makes the title game will have to beat them twice.

Our path became much more difficult because the conference wanted to cater to Notre Dame. If the ACC is doing this to get Notre Dame to join full time, that is honorable, but the ACC knows that will never happem. The ACC is doing this for a ratings boost to the title game and perhaps money. They are doing it at Clemson and the 14 real members' expense. I'm sure David Hood knows this.

Our university president and athletic director should be called out forvoting yes on this. Even if it was going to pass, at least have some dignity and vote no.

meant no break***

Jul 30, 2020, 11:58 AM

A agree with you about VTech however...

Jul 30, 2020, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Virginia Tech on the road is no brake for Clemson. 19 ]

didn't they lose their top corner/star player, Farley? That's not position you want to lose playing Clemson.

I completely disagree with you about the changes this year. I thought the ACC did a great job.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will Gov Cuomo let Syracuse travel to SC for a game?

Jul 30, 2020, 11:54 AM

Will the governor of Virginia let the Cavs travel to Miami? Etc.

First off, I'll take it....

Jul 30, 2020, 11:57 AM

I think delaying the season is the right move. I pray this whole COVID thing is behind us by then.

One conference is a dream. Having the Irish in for a season and no $hitty OOC teams is a real plus.

I guess I am just excited that football might/probably will happen this year.

I just hope everyone in the states does the responsible things until then: washing hands, social distancing, mask-wearing, etc. Herman Cain learned the hard way, RIP.

Tired of all this mask-debating. ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This gives UNC a path to an undefeated regular season

Jul 30, 2020, 2:36 PM

Not having to play Clemson.

Jul 30, 2020, 3:41 PM

If FSU beats those mention teams, and we club FSU, their beat writer want have much to complain about, will he!!!! Go Tigers, and clean the slate by beating the leprechaun doomers twice, and laugh all the way to the playoffs as the #1 ranked team in the country, and play Bama in the NCG!!! Bama or OSU will be rank 2 and 3 to assure one of them gets to the NCG to face Clemson after we beat the Sooners. Hopefully we get to beat the doomers and the sooners in the same year, and beat Bama or OSU in the NCG. That would make for a good covid-19 year!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic