Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Throwback Thursday: 1995 Clemson Football highlights
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Throwback Thursday: 1995 Clemson Football highlights

May 7, 2020, 7:34 PM

Throwback Thursday: 1995 Clemson Football highlights

Check out today's throwback highlights from the 1995 Clemson football season. The 1995 Tigers finished the season 8-4 (6-2 ACC) and they were coached by Tommy W Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice. Some dynamite talent, some which would start on our

May 8, 2020, 2:02 AM

teams of recent.....--Brian Dawkins, Raymond Priester, Tony Horne, Emmitt Smith's brother, Lamont Hall, Patrick Sapp, Anthony Simmons, Dexter Mcleon, Antwan Edwards, Wow!
I'm purdy sure i remember Dexter Mcleon playing some QB for us.
I remember seeing Andre Carter play QB in S.C. hi school playoffs with the most explosive guy i've ever seen on a hi school field, WR Bobby Engram, who ended up being great with Penn State and about 15 years in NFL.

Most of that talent was recruited by Ken Hatfield.

May 8, 2020, 9:53 AM

Pretty amazing given his reputation here for being such a horrible recruiter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: TNET: Throwback Thursday: 1995 Clemson Football highlights

May 8, 2020, 5:34 AM

That loss to Virginia hurt and the lose to Syracuse 41-0 in the bowl game. The beauty of our schedule now is we can pay Syracuse back.

We had some great players on that team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Tell me about it! The fact that we gave up OVER 2 million points to UVA...

May 8, 2020, 5:56 AM

In one football game is beyond mind bottling.

~JKB

This can’t be more than 15, maybe 30 seconds long

May 8, 2020, 7:36 AM

I was a student then and I can’t remember a highlight other than spending money I didn’t have to go to Jacksonville and see future NFL great Donovan McNabb putting a million on us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thunked the zach same thing when I red the headline.

May 8, 2020, 7:39 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Some good nostalgia there.

May 8, 2020, 8:11 AM

That was the year after I graduated. I don't remember how many of those games I went to...I used a bunch of student tickets from friends, I know that much.

Emory Smith, man, what an impressive player. That guy was an absolute mack truck. You don't see tailbacks his size these days. I loved watching him play.

NFL logo in the West End Zone, that's still odd to this day. I did manage to make it to 2 Panthers games that season.

Missed the opening game because of a family gathering and had to listen on the radio. I was so homesick listening to the game. It was incredibly depressing because I wanted to be there so badly.

The next week I went up for the FSU game without a ticket knowing the game was sold out, hung out with the marching band, and had a plan to sneak in on the band equipment truck courtesy of a friend. The band director had other ideas--an unlucky saxophonist overslept morning practice, so they let me march his spot for both pregame and halftime. It was awesome, except I was already out of shape and it was so, so hot. But I had an incredible time and what a unique experience, to get a marching band encore after already graduating! I definitely got the "boy I miss marching band" bug out of my system that day, though...lol.

Missed the UGA game and throwback uniforms because I was in New England for a wedding.

Enjoyed watching the SCar highlights right up until I had to see Taneyhill's name...I still hate that guy. But I did enjoy watching him lose his final home game. Oddly I don't remember much about that game at all.

I always thought I'd miss having Maryland in the conference, even if only a little bit, but...I don't miss them at all.

I do miss playing Maryland. I'd rather play them than

May 12, 2020, 1:14 AM

Syracuse or B.C. The terps had some really scrappy teams until they started to wear some pretty awful looking uni's under the Flag Armour logo.

May 8, 2020, 8:14 AM

Unique fact about that team:

Undefeated in games away from home during the regular season. The three regular season losses all came at home to Florida State, Virginia, and Georgia.

The Priester/Smith combo was a LOAD. Luv the Smith dragging

May 8, 2020, 8:30 AM

the capon down the field highlight!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU......Georgia.....Chickenlina.....A Wyatt ---

May 8, 2020, 9:00 AM

That game against Florida St. was one of the loudest and hottest and most humid games I've ever been too. It got so loud in The Valley that day I couldn't hear myself scream or hear the next 5 people on both sides of me by The Hill scream. That has to be THE HOTTEST GAME temperature wise I've ever been to. Watching Warrick Dunn run around like a video game player in Tecmo Bowl made it even more hot and humid.

Georgia game was a heartbreaker. Just ruined the throwback uniform festivities.

If Emory Smith would have dragged that chicken defender to the endzone like Mike Williams carried that clucking bird on his back I would have just lost it........LOL.

I remember Antuan Wyatt was such a spark for that offense at the time. They even put him at tailback for a game or two.

Wyatt played RB a bunch in '94. With all the other backs in

May 8, 2020, 5:03 PM

95 they left him at receiver. We lost Blunt and Witherspoon after '93, and I think '94 was the year that we recruited 4 tailbacks and they all played: Priester, Pegues, Downs, and Jenkins. Wyatt played tailback a bunch in '94, but Priester (and Pegues) established themselves a bit and took over for '95.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2020, 5:38 PM

That bowl game was an all time Clemson Lowlight. We looked like we were in slow motion all night compared to Syracuse. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic