Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: NFL Draft musing and notes: Travis Etienne is the big winner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: NFL Draft musing and notes: Travis Etienne is the big winner

Apr 27, 2020, 8:01 AM

NFL Draft musing and notes: Travis Etienne is the big winner

The NFL Draft is complete, and Travis Etienne might be one of the biggest winners. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: NFL Draft musing and notes: Travis Etienne is the big winner

Apr 27, 2020, 8:34 AM

That's an interesting take. Just because ETN may be the first or 2nd RB taken next year, though, doesn't mean he'll be a first round pick. It doesn't work that way.

Also, we can revisit this article if the CFB season is cancelled or shortened this year

Apr 27, 2020, 3:08 PM

David, your statistics teacher would be ashamed.

Just because the draft undervalued RBs this year doesn't mean it will correct itself next year.

It is a recent trend that will probably continue. TE greatly improved his contributions to the passing game this year. But in today's NFL if he wants to be a first rounder he must be able to catch more than the gentle lobs that
CJ Dobbins drops; he must be as natural as the Raiders' Jacobs or the late CJ Fuller was.

Otherwise, high second is the best he can hope for. High 3rd more likely, considering he is from a 'soft' school like Clemson .

I wish I was kidding, but you know I'm not.

Jun 14, 2020, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: NFL Draft musing and notes: Travis Etienne is the big winner ]

I'm going to just say it LOUD and CLEAR, ETN WILL BE DRAFTED IN THE 1ST ROUND in the next draft if we have a season and get to play all of our scheduled games. No doubt in my mind for me personally, ETN IMO is the best RB in Clemson FB history as a straight up between the tackles RB, he is a bruiser, but, CJ Spiller was second to none the very best all around RB/offensive player in Clemson FB History bc, CJ could do it all coming out of the back field, or lined up from any of the WR position. CJ was a RB, a receiver, a punt returner, a kickoff returner with a set of wheels that would allow him to blow by any defender on the field. Give CJ a half step on any defender and he was capable of taking it to house causing defenders to break or sprain their ankles with how fast he could make cuts and gain speed, and I've seen CJ outrun everybody while leaving one of his shoe in the middle of the field. And by CJ not winning the Heisman his senior year, it was a flat out a travesty to college FB, and a total embarrassment to anyone that had a Heisman vote. That is the reason that I feel that Heisman award is nothing more than a favoritism Bull Chit award that is voted on by a bunch of bull chiters that don't have a clue who John Heisman was or what he was to college FB, and if they had a clue, that means they exposed how they were willing to give the Heisman trophy to a favoritism player, and not the player who actually won and deserved it, and they miserably and without shame failed John Heisman, CJ Spiller, and all of college FB bc they sure as H&11 fck that vote up royally, and it wasn't even close!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2020, 8:45 AM

Good article, David.

I hope all your projections turn out to be correct! I don’t disagree with them. I just hope we get to kickoff on schedule in the fall.

This was another proud weekend for Tiger Nation and I hope all those guys can have a successful start next year.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ET is gonna seriously have a record breaking year

Apr 27, 2020, 8:45 AM

I have 0 doubt that there isnt a huge chip on his shoulder, right now, that is weighing him down. He was the #1 back in this draft but because he played for Clemson he got crapped on. As for Wallace, i cant believe he got picked up so late, i wouldve guessed, and probably wouldve betted, that he would go before Muse. Happy for all the Clemson players that got picked up. Super proud to be a Tiger!

Apr 27, 2020, 9:39 AM

I've got to admit that an average of 13 carries per game does concern me somewhat. I truly hope that number can get closer to the 20 mark. Knowing for sure that this will be his last college season, ETN will want to show he can carry the load for his team. Of course, if there is a season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU Gutted

Apr 27, 2020, 10:18 AM

LSU certainly lost its share of players, but they have consistently been in the top (maybe top5?) of the recruiting rankings the last 10 years or so. Maybe coach O has finally gotten them to play to their potential. I expect them to continue to be a force, though not enough to stop our soon-to-be record setting multiple consecutive National Championships.

Thoughts on LSU?

I sure hope we play a normal season.***

Apr 27, 2020, 11:49 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2020, 12:36 PM

Not concerned about 13 carries a game. To me that’s a plus. As OC said after last game, ETN should have been given the balk more. Believe he will get more carries this year, but it just shows how good he is. Fewer carries needed to win, same time getting high per carry yards. Breakaway speed & agility. And he’s still got more left in him than a Wisconsin back that their only offense is up the middle 30-40 plays a game!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2020, 7:18 PM

I wonder if our season is cancelled if he could play in the NFL this year if they have a season?

Apr 28, 2020, 7:38 AM

If the college season is cancelled, you can bet the NFL will be cancelled as well

No football games will be played in empty stadiums.

It's not just the fans at risk. Football is, obviously, a high contact sport for the players. Add to that all the other people necessary to play a game. Officials, Sideline Markers, Coaches, Trainers, even Ball Boys.

Think about some of the ways their talking of opening businesses. Checking peoples temp before entering. A restaurant may be able to say, can't come in due to this test.

Now, think about the game. Everyone gets tested before the game. A starting Lineman fails the test, or worse, actually tests positive for the virus. Is the whole team quarantined? Game cancelled? Traveling team paid?

Thankfully by the time the season starts (and I think it will), we'll know much more about this virus. How to treat it, who it actually affects, and how to prevent spread.

Go Tigers!

Apr 28, 2020, 1:55 PM

Congrats to LSU on having 14 players drafted.

ETN #9 will dominate 2020 !!!!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic