Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: College commissioners to VP Mike Pence: No students on campus, no college football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: College commissioners to VP Mike Pence: No students on campus, no college football

Apr 15, 2020, 5:49 PM

College commissioners to VP Mike Pence: No students on campus, no college football

Several scenarios have been floated in an effort to ensure the 2020 college football season is played, but college commissioners told Vice President Mike Pence Wednesday that no games will be played until students are back on campus.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: College commissioners to VP Mike Pence: No students on campus, no college football

Apr 15, 2020, 6:09 PM

Of course, students must be on campus for there to be sports. They are college students, not professional athletes.

some people do not extrapolate well.

Apr 15, 2020, 6:26 PM

nor see the forest through the trees, and it is shameful when they attain positions of power.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are going to have to furlough the coaches***

Apr 15, 2020, 6:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For football to happen Trump needs to say he's against it

Apr 15, 2020, 7:21 PM

happening and it will happen quick fast in a hurry. Whatever he's for the media will be against and whatever he's against they push as the remedy... The dude is trying to kick start the economy for the good of us all and they're telling him everyday that he's an idiot for trying.

Lulz.***

Apr 15, 2020, 7:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had the same response

Apr 17, 2020, 1:32 PM

Poor Trump. The guy has never caught a break in his life.

Re: For football to happen Trump needs to say he's against it

Apr 15, 2020, 9:12 PM [ in reply to For football to happen Trump needs to say he's against it ]

I guess that’s one take on what Trump’s trying to do. As much as I hate this sheltering in place, I don’t share anyone’s belief that we are close to safely opening anything up. But the bottom line is that the governors will ultimately decide. I don’t like the idea of spring football either, but I’d prefer that to no football. If colleges can’t play I don’t see how the NFL will either, so their timeline could be just as messed up. Who the heck knows?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just as quickly as you put people back together

Apr 15, 2020, 9:23 PM [ in reply to For football to happen Trump needs to say he's against it ]

in mass numbers to restart the economy, it will grind to a halt just as quickly when the spread grows more exponentially than it already has... and that won't do the economy any good either when so many people will be out of work on sick leave and disability due to longer term issues related to pre-existing conditions...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just as quickly as you put people back together

Apr 15, 2020, 11:54 PM

I believe your not taking in the effect of 120 degree weather of this world ending virus.

Re: Just as quickly as you put people back together

Apr 15, 2020, 11:57 PM

on this virus. typo

Re: For football to happen Trump needs to say he's against it

Apr 15, 2020, 10:32 PM [ in reply to For football to happen Trump needs to say he's against it ]

Dabo has me thinking optimistically, it will happen.

yep its clear blue state governors

Apr 15, 2020, 11:03 PM [ in reply to For football to happen Trump needs to say he's against it ]

are going to resist any talk of opening back up..and those liberal bastions college campuses are going to be just as bad.

pretty soon they will be saying

Apr 15, 2020, 11:05 PM [ in reply to For football to happen Trump needs to say he's against it ]

he didnt open the economy fast enough lol

Re: TNET: College commissioners to VP Mike Pence: No students on campus, no college football

Apr 15, 2020, 9:28 PM

If college football has to wait for every state to be cleared by its governor--which was basically the reason for shutting down March Madness, that some areas of the country were already being affected long before others--we will not be playing any sports before January.

Some governors will be asking the Gov Cuomo question--"do you want to choose the 2300 people who are going to die from your decision?" Others will make the Gov Whitmer decision: "residents of my state are prohibited from enjoying life, while nonresidents who come here may practice it freely. Hey, make sure you pick up some lottery tickets on your way back to IND or WIS!"

If the governors wait until no one is getting sick anymore, we won't be playing football until Dabo's baby has graduated. What's that, maybe 6 years?

Apr 15, 2020, 10:48 PM

makes sense to me-- students first athletes secondly

Agree.. ...and lost respect for dan

Apr 16, 2020, 9:09 AM

Fork the nfl.

The nfl is tied to college football because numnuts like Dan let it happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I agree with them 100%. College football IS all about the

Apr 16, 2020, 9:20 AM

pagentry, and the fans. Without that, you could have some sporting contest, but it would NOT be college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with them 100%. College football IS all about the

Apr 17, 2020, 12:56 PM

Why shouldn't the campuses return to business by September or sooner? Very low mortality for COVID 19 for the under 25 cohort. Maybe segregate the "co-morbidity" students?

Learning to live with a disease through herd immunity is how mankind has dealt with it for millenia. We are actively prolonging the problem through "flattening the curve". I am glad that we are no longer projecting a shortage of ventilators and ICU beds.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic