Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Falcons announce they won't re-sign former Clemson DE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Falcons announce they won't re-sign former Clemson DE

Feb 3, 2020, 1:55 PM

Falcons announce they won't re-sign former Clemson DE

The Atlanta Falcons announced that they are not pursuing a new deal with former Clemson defensive end . "As we continue to craft our 2020 roster, we'd like to t Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Falcons announce they won't re-sign former Clemson DE

Feb 3, 2020, 1:57 PM

Texans need some help with the pass rush. How about there?

Feb 3, 2020, 2:03 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Of course, they have to do a better job of putting him in the correct positions. No way does somone have 16.5 sacks one, year, move him to a new position only to see him have 5 sacks (each) of the next two years and then say he's not living up to the expectations.

Then, he moves positions half way through the 2019 season with a new coach calling plays and he Magically starts getting a sack per game again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This

Feb 3, 2020, 2:36 PM

Vic was a really good player for Atlanta, but I never understood changing his position after he led the league with 16.5 sacks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Yep, reminds me that we're lucky to have BV

Feb 3, 2020, 2:52 PM

He adapts to players, rather than forcing players to a scheme. I've seen a few times in the NFL where coordinators change schemes without the right players. It normally ends up in a lack of production. I think the most common case I see are when D coordinators switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4, then try to shoehorn players to fit the scheme.

CBV on the other hand switched because of the players. I think most of us here would agree that the team probably would not have been as effective this past season staying in a four man front (4-3 or 4-2-5, or 4-1-6). With the Power Rangers, it would have been ridiculous to go to a 3-4. This last season without them, it made sense to switch. Next year I imagine they switch back to a 4.3.

Re: ^^^This

Feb 3, 2020, 6:28 PM [ in reply to ^^^This ]

Reminds me why the Falcons have never won a SB.

Feb 3, 2020, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Falcons announce they won't re-sign former Clemson DE ]

It's bc they will have dozens of new players to choose from in the draft, and cheaper ones!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2020, 2:14 PM

Steelers would be a perfect fit!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2020, 2:20 PM

I see a BIG contract full of performance bonuses in Vic B's near future. Vic is well liked by his peers in the league and will fit nicely in a 4-3 system.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2020, 2:31 PM

Too $$$ for ATLANTA?

Feb 3, 2020, 2:39 PM

This is the best thing that could happen to Vic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 3, 2020, 3:25 PM

Falcons suck anyway

Feb 3, 2020, 3:38 PM

Giants could use him. Partner with Dexter Lawrence. His speed rush would be perfect with Big Dex and Leonard Williams getting pressure up the middle.

Feb 3, 2020, 4:25 PM

Hey coach Gruden, there is another quality Clemson player available! Clemson West!

Beasley is about to get PAID***

Feb 3, 2020, 5:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vic has made a bunch of money...

Feb 3, 2020, 5:39 PM

...why not move on a save your body?

When is it enough?

Good point, but Vic's only 27. Hit the FA market...

Feb 3, 2020, 6:53 PM

...for a 2-3 year deal and a few more million and retire at or around 30. Can't say I would blame him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Feb 3, 2020, 6:58 PM

It is really hard to understand why in the world these kids that are gifted enough to get in a great college, why aren't they taking full advantage of the great gift and opportunity to get the best education available at those schools while they are there... The NFL is the wrong reason to go to college bc the NFL uses these guys up and gets rid of them with the Quickness. And it's only a very low percentage of college FB players that make it to the NFL, and even lower for the ones that can get through their first contract to sign another one!!!

I'm sorry Grady is stuck in Atlanta...

Feb 3, 2020, 8:06 PM

I've simply never cared for the Falcons. And if Matt Ryan is the answer at QB, well...'nuff said.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ain't that some crap

Feb 3, 2020, 10:09 PM

Hopefully it'll work out for Vic. But I'll be returning the #44 jersey I bought my daughter yesterday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moronic Falcons. Smh. Get rid of the player who leads

Feb 4, 2020, 6:22 AM

your team in sacks. lol.

Sounds like some idiotic decision the Panthers would make.

Feb 4, 2020, 7:37 PM

Excellent finish to Clemson career! Issue in NFL is he lacks the size to be effective as a DE for three downs. And he lacks the mobility to play effectively as an OL. Pure pass rusher -- wish him the best!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic