Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: 5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

TNET: 5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates

Dec 14, 2019, 10:48 PM

5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates

Trenton Simpson wanted to be a Clemson Tiger so bad he made his mother buy tickets to last week’s ACC Championship Game in Charlotte even though he didn’t have an offer. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guys, this is who we want

Dec 14, 2019, 10:50 PM

ALL IN

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes indeed!***

Dec 15, 2019, 7:29 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is great***

Dec 14, 2019, 10:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: 5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates

Dec 14, 2019, 10:56 PM

This is the kind of young man we want in our program. I have always believed Flowe and Burch are nothing but head cases who will habe problems adjusting to a true sense of team, like we have at Clemson. It is just my opinion, but buth Flowe and Burch have handled, or allow others to handle, this whole recruiting matter like they are hall of fame players that are bigger then any football program. Good riddance to both of them. We don't need them and frankly are better off without them. Clemson football is buolt for.the long term and no one player or coach is bigger than it.

Re: TNET: 5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates

Dec 14, 2019, 11:00 PM

yes, they seem OSU quality

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoa, whoa, WHOA...

Dec 14, 2019, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates ]

...slow down a little bit there, Flowe and Burch get to handle things however they feel is best for them and their families up til the time they’re ready to make a commitment.
Don’t be so critical when you don’t know what situations & circumstances they may be dealing with!
Since our Coaches have offered them, I’m sure we’d be glad to have them on our team....we'll just have to wait and see.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whoa, whoa, WHOA...

Dec 14, 2019, 11:32 PM

I agree

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whoa, whoa, WHOA...

Dec 15, 2019, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Whoa, whoa, WHOA... ]

I understand what you're saying and I agree. However I can't imagine why we would keep a guy like this as basically a backup plan. He is obviously very talented and loves all things Clemson. I know he's only reopened his recruitment fairly recently but we shouldn't give first priority to guys who are seemingly ambivalent to come here over someone with this level of passion and ability. Hopefully it'll all work out and they will all come into the fold but it appears the coaches decided to go with a bird in the hand, if you know what I mean, and I can't blame them.

Dec 14, 2019, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates ]

If that’s your true opinion, grow up! They don’t owe us anything. They can go where they want. Doesn’t mean anything except Clemson wasn’t right for them and that’s okay too!

Thank

Dec 14, 2019, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates ]

Who Are you??? Go away back to cooterville. Burch and flowe are great young men. Burch has done everything he can to stay away from the hype of recruiting, no trolling from him. He's kept it all private.

I guess to a coot it would appear that way, since you guys

Dec 15, 2019, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates ]

haven't had a 5 start since dew-dew. The recruiting process is a grind and is a huge decision for an athlete. They'll choose where they want to go in their own way and time table.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 7:35 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates ]

You sound like a kid who is upset that he didn’t get picked at the middle school dance.

I am sure your tune would have changed if you got picked.

Trash post. I don’t often throw around the term coot but you have to be one.

Dec 15, 2019, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates ]

Flowe is from out west. If he feels pulled to a team closer to home then what’s wrong with that? He’s 17 or 18 at most. He hasn’t committed recommitted etc. The only drama is created by us and the media. He could still come here and zero of us would be upset if he commits to us. As for Burch, he has been quiet all along. This is not a bad thing. He has not created any drama either. If he chose to come here it would go against who he pulled for growing up, many of the voices in his ear, and possibly family. A lot of pressure on the kid. Once again if he chose to come to Clemson zero of us will be upset. As others have said this is a story about Simpson. He’s a Tiger and he can come in and be his own man. He is not a Consolation prize. Glad to have him!

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I smell a coot troll.***

Dec 15, 2019, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates ]

Dec 15, 2019, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates ]

“QB” - u have NO idea what u are talking about, or you’re just a coot or OSU or Bama fan trying to stir things up! Flowe & Burch are also perfect fits for Clemson & we certainly welcome both of them to join the Clemson Family as well!! They can take all the visits they want & announce at the latest possible time, if that is what they chose to do, period! Some recruits want to announce early & get it over with & some want to draw it out as long as possible....they only get to do this once in their lives so they can go through the process how they want! Flowe & Burch are both great young men & will announce when they are ready, as they should. People like you should sthu especially when u don’t know what you’re talking about.

Dec 15, 2019, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates ]

WTH. You’re out of line. Don’t talk about young men you haven’t met or know.

Flowe and Burch would be fantastic additions for our program and Dabo would love to have them. He wouldn’t have offered them if they weren’t a good fit for our culture.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Dec 15, 2019, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates ]

Dumb post What will you say if they commit to us?? Some of you have no clue

QBVII, what?!

Dec 15, 2019, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: 5-star linebacker commit pays his own way to ACC Championship to see future teammates ]

Hey QBVII, I realize that a lot of posters here don’t care for anything less than positive to be said about the Tigers. I don’t agree with that overriding sentiment, but I do find your post questionable.

Why would you say things personally critical of Flowe and Burch that way? Completely unfair and unwarranted. And you can see from the overwhelming responses to your post that they would be welcome additions here.

Also, have I missed something? Did Flowe and Burch make announcements that they are definitely not coming to Clemson.

Gentlemen. This kids is 5-stars and 5-hearts.

Dec 14, 2019, 10:58 PM

I've rarely heard such enthusiasm from a recruit.

The kids is a rock star and he wanted nothing else except to be a Tiger.

Sign him up coach!

Way to go, Trenton!!! Can't wait to see you on the field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: Gentlemen. This kids is 5-stars and 5-hearts.

Dec 14, 2019, 11:03 PM

He's a very passionate Tiger to the bone! It's quite refreshing in a world where many kids are trying to make the biggest media event out of their commitment. He really wants to play for Clemson.

Took the words out of my mouth...

Dec 14, 2019, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Gentlemen. This kids is 5-stars and 5-hearts. ]

This kid has heart. I have a feeling he may end up one of my favorites if he remains so open during his future interviews.

Why did we wait so long? Numbers?***

Dec 15, 2019, 1:02 AM [ in reply to Gentlemen. This kids is 5-stars and 5-hearts. ]

Re: Why did we wait so long? Numbers?***

Dec 15, 2019, 9:50 AM

Back in October he decommitted from Auburn...

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article236473553.html

Mallard Creek High linebacker Trenton Simpson announced on social media Sunday that he had de-committed from Auburn.

Simpson, 6-foot-3 and 230 pounds, is the No. 2 ranked linebacker by 247 Sports and the No. 13 player nationally overall in the class of 2020.

Simpson has 11 sacks this season for Mallard Creek.

Simpson committed to Auburn in June, announcing the decision in his school’s auditorium. He chose the Tigers over Georgia and North Carolina.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gentlemen. This kids is 5-stars and 5-hearts.

Dec 15, 2019, 7:38 AM [ in reply to Gentlemen. This kids is 5-stars and 5-hearts. ]

Good stuff. Agree

Dec 14, 2019, 11:04 PM

So glad to have this guy.

Dec 14, 2019, 11:04 PM

Great! 6-5* commits. Is that a school record? Also, next years team will have most 5*'s ever, am I right? That's on top of coaches being able to id under ranked talent. Best is yet to come, but how can it get any better than it is?

Dec 15, 2019, 6:04 AM

Next year's team does not need to be better than this year for me to be happy with them. The goal is to be their best, and improve game by game. I am happy with this year's team regardless of the outcome in the next game.

Dec 14, 2019, 11:06 PM

What an awesome amazing individual. That first step of his is redic. Comes in quick and low... immediate impact... and all that

But man, wise beyond his years. Don’t care whether he’s a 5 or a 1 star but no denying his character is 10*. Unbelievable young men. Linebacker version of CW42.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2019, 11:12 PM

These young guys are under a lot of pressure from many directions, please not talk bad about the one’s that choose different schools. Not every player is a good fit for us and we are not a good fit for every player. However CU and Trenton seem to fit like a glove! I am extremely excited to see what this young man can accomplish with Coach Venables.

What a great time to be a Tiger!

In the end Clemson did get the LB they really wanted.

Dec 14, 2019, 11:18 PM

and he’s ALL-IN!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That man is a Tiger!

Dec 14, 2019, 11:20 PM

Welcome Trenton!

I'm 100% in.

Dec 14, 2019, 11:21 PM

Just listening to a few interviews on YouTube, you can tell the passion the kid has for the game and tell that he's loyal and loves the Tigers. I guess we had to honor Flowe's scholarship offer but man this is the kid we should have been after all along.

This is a Clemson man!!

Dec 14, 2019, 8:55 AM

What a great fit! So glad he's joining our family!!

Re: This is a Clemson man!!

Dec 14, 2019, 11:45 PM

Welcome Trenton. I can't wait to see you play and grow into a fine Clemson Man.

Dec 14, 2019, 11:38 PM

Really glad we got this kid, cant wait to see him on the field

Dec 14, 2019, 11:43 PM

What an awesome young man, don't think I've ever heard anyone happier to be a Clemson Tiger, I love him already.

WHY?

Dec 15, 2019, 12:08 AM

Let me get this straight, there is a 5* linebacker just up the road in Charlotte, who is also a huge Tiger fan and we wait till Dec.14 to offer.

Re: WHY?

Dec 15, 2019, 12:40 AM

Exactly!

No doubt!

Dec 15, 2019, 12:42 AM [ in reply to WHY? ]

I was screaming this in my head while reading that article. Seriously, why the delay in offering!?

1. he was an Auburn commit

Dec 15, 2019, 7:23 AM [ in reply to WHY? ]

2. he never took his official visit to Clemson till this week. 3. Trust the coaches, they had their reasons.

Our staff wants to make sure there is a match.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 10:19 AM [ in reply to WHY? ]

Well, he was committed to Auburn for months, and only took his official visit to Clemson this week. I'd guess we started talking to him again only after he decommitted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 11:59 AM [ in reply to WHY? ]

So you know more than the coaches? Grow up and enjoy

Dec 15, 2019, 12:15 AM

He was born a Tiger, This young man is going to be GRRREAT!!

Dec 15, 2019, 12:20 AM

Trenton wanted to be a Tiger more than anything. Can you imagine what he will be feeling on January 5th? The bundle of nerves and excitement like that of a kid waiting to unwrap a Christmas present that he knows is under the tree.

I for one cant wait to see him running down the hill with the PAW on his Jersey. I would love to see Flowe and Burch both become Tigers as well, but this just made me proud to be a Tiger. Congrats again Trenton. Go get that ring.

Dec 15, 2019, 7:14 AM

“Mom got us tickets as an early Christmas present...”

I’m in love, guys.

Wow

Dec 15, 2019, 7:43 AM

This guys sounds like me if I were offered by Clemson! I love to see that excitement and passion for the program. And it's clear he is coming to Clemson for the right reasons. Can't wait to see him suit up next season!

Great article.

Dec 15, 2019, 8:18 AM

Welcome to Clemson!

Re: Great article.

Dec 15, 2019, 8:47 AM

Very excited to have him!!! He sounds ALL IN! And to the kid who bashed Flowe and Burch, ridiculous. Flowe is a west coast kid and Burch has been silent, attracting no attention to himself. I've seen no drama from either.

Re: Great article.

Dec 15, 2019, 10:20 AM

Exactly. Other than holding firm to not announcing a comittment before they have to, I've not seen any drama.

Dec 15, 2019, 8:50 AM

Trenton seems to have the heart of a champion and the eye of the tiger. Couldn't ask for anything more. So excited to see him play next year. The fact that he grew up watching Corey Crawford says a lot to me. Corey was a beast!!

Dec 15, 2019, 9:45 AM

This is great news. This young man sounds like the perfect fit. The last time Was this excited about a commitment was KJ Henry. Still love to watch the video.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/5/11/15626732/kj-henry-defensive-end-2018-commits-clemson

Dec 15, 2019, 9:50 AM

This kid is a special one! Glad he chose to be a Tiger! He epitomizes everything a Clemson man is and can’t wait to see him suit up for us. Going to be a good one!

THIS is the type of kid we want suiting up for us on Saturdays!!!***

Dec 15, 2019, 9:53 AM

Dec 15, 2019, 10:04 AM

GREAT article! It makes me excited for this young man as well as our program!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 11:34 AM

A five star kid who is a top 15 player nationally who has always wanted to be a Tiger signs with the Tigers and you ‘fans’ question our coaches! There are times when I question myself for joining tnet. I always thought we were all Tigers supporters but there are some who only wish to be a,,holes.

Dec 15, 2019, 11:34 AM

Welcome to Clemson Trenton !!! I believe as you already know, You have made a sound decision that you will not regret. I see immediate impact with your Commitment!!!! GO TIGERS!!!

sure flowe and burch would be nice

Dec 15, 2019, 11:45 AM

but if i had a choice id take this guy over them..this guys attitude screams tiger.

Re: sure flowe and burch would be nice

Dec 15, 2019, 11:51 AM

I agree. Those two likely will have a career that almost equals Nkimdouchee! (Sic)

Dec 15, 2019, 4:06 PM

It is sooooooo refreshing to hear Trenton Simpson's story. What a great young man, who was born "All In.!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 7:48 PM

He sounds like an amazing young man with an awesome family, too!!!! WELCOME HOME Trenton!!!

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic