Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson ranked No. 3 in updated AP Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson ranked No. 3 in updated AP Poll

Nov 17, 2019, 2:06 PM

Clemson ranked No. 3 in updated AP Poll

Clemson maintained its AP ranking in a rarity since October after shifts from No. 1 to No. 4 and then back up to No. 3 last week. LSU stayed atop the ranking fo Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JFC, Gene Henley & Jon Wilner have us at #4 behind UGA

Nov 17, 2019, 2:38 PM

https://collegepolltracker.com/football/team/clemson-tigers/2019

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: JFC, Gene Henley & Jon Wilner have us at #4 behind UGA

Nov 17, 2019, 2:40 PM

Who cares? AP poll is a freaking joke and meaningless

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feedback loop that keeps inherent bias and affects the

Nov 17, 2019, 2:42 PM

College Football Play-off Committee, so it does matter...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Feedback loop that keeps inherent bias and affects the

Nov 17, 2019, 3:45 PM

Yes, and the ones that think that the AP doesn't matter, I believe that is not correct, I think that in the end, the committee and the AP will be hand in hand!!! And I believe they believe they have found a way to make the SEC the best conference in college FB again, they have to, that is where all the biggest money has been placed. Walt Disney/ABC/ESECPN says Hello!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep the AP will keep us out of the playoffs again***

Nov 17, 2019, 5:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Feedback loop that keeps inherent bias and affects the

Nov 17, 2019, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Feedback loop that keeps inherent bias and affects the ]

100%

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: JFC, Gene Henley & Jon Wilner have us at #4 behind UGA

Nov 17, 2019, 4:12 PM [ in reply to JFC, Gene Henley & Jon Wilner have us at #4 behind UGA ]

I don't know how the whole country feels, but I have heard a lot of T-Netters are against a 8 team playoff. Personsonally, I think the best way to keep big money from getting into and basically directing where teams set in the a 4 team playoff... I think, and I honestly believe that the only way to keep deep pockets from directing or aiming the top teams where they want them, is to move to the same formula that the NFL uses and make every good team have to fight, claw, and win their way into the championship game by how good they really are, and not by conference as the status quo, the way that it's set up now bc, the way it's set up now, they can use the mythical eye test to move teams into the best playoff spots!!! Get rid of the committee and force playoff spot by record first, and then play your way in by beating the teams that are the 8 teams from the start....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson ranked No. 3 in updated AP Poll

Nov 17, 2019, 3:35 PM

Clemson is the only 11-0 team in the top 4 with 2, 10-0 above us, and a 9-1 UGA directly under us with the ESECPN/Committee waiting for UGA to beat a 2-9 GT team by a gazillion points so they can move UGA out of the way of LSU in the #3 spot in the playoff. If usuc plays us close, the committee will put us in that #4 spot leaving UGA to play OSU with the hopes that UGA will beat OSU, and hoping that we lose to LSU so they can hopefully have 2 SEC teams in the NCG to jump start their fantasy of the SEC being the greatest conference to ever play college FB. That will be their motive if it all plays out in their secret room behind barred and locked doors!!!

Nov 17, 2019, 5:15 PM

Problem with that is and they know it too,that once we are in that playoff nobody is beating us. Put 3 SEC teams in I don't care because I know we will beat whoever they put in our way. We have done it before and will do it again. Once we are in their little SEC conference will be exposed for the fraud it is again along with ZerOhio State.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 5:36 PM

While I do think we can, and will, beat anybody we play, the bias still sux, and it shouldn’t exist at all, IMO.

Nov 17, 2019, 7:56 PM

There should never be two teams from the same conference in the playoffs period. If we are trying to figure out who the best team is then conference champions should play. I don’t want to watch a rematch of SEC teams in a playoff game and am sure the country doesn’t either. There is way too much opinion in the rankings. Why is Auburn with 3 losses #16 and the next 3 teams are 9-1. I don’t care who you lost to. If you have 3 losses then you deserve no better than 20-25 in the rankings. Let the champions play.

Nov 18, 2019, 11:38 PM

+1 The secheat bias is very alive and well and out there for all to see. They have no shame. That said, I still think we stomp whoever their representative(s) is (are). I just had a little back and forth from one of their jealous fans who was negatively commenting on the condition of our grass in Death Valley. I told him that we actually play some real football with real hitting on our field. He didn't like it. He liked it even less when I reminded him how we had just stomped a mud hole in the arses of all the secheat teams we've played in the last couple of years, and crickets.

Nov 17, 2019, 7:41 PM

So the team that is tied with Duke at #47 in Total Defense is the #1 team in the country? Don’t like Total Defense stats? Fine. So the team that is #44 in Scoring Defense (meaning how many points does your defense allow per game) right behind Louisiana Tech at #43. The team that allows more points than 43 other teams? That’s the #1 team in the country?
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............OK.

Ever since the spread and RPO offenses have emerged in the

Nov 19, 2019, 2:49 AM

SEC, there is suddenly a lack of concern or mention of defenses... I think it will all come to bear in the playoffs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic