Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Xavier Thomas injury update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,038

TNET: Xavier Thomas injury update

Oct 29, 2019, 11:59 AM

Xavier Thomas injury update

Clemson head coach held his weekly press conference Tuesday and updated two important defensive players on his team. "It wasn’t his AC just a bruised shoulder," Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Xavier Thomas injury update

Oct 29, 2019, 12:04 PM

Hate it for XT but his health is the most important thing. Fortunately, we have been recruiting at a level to have plenty of backup talent on board.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2019, 12:25 PM

I was knocked out cold in a flag football game while in the Army in the early 70’s.

I think all you tnetters will agree that it didn’t affect me at all. . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I've been knocked out a few times. One time I was in

Oct 29, 2019, 2:37 PM

the hospital for three days after getting knocked out. I was out for a good 30 minutes to an hour.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2019, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Xavier Thomas injury update ]

In my teenage years, I would go into Canada with a professional field trial bird dog trainer, and that job has to be done from horse back bc field trial dogs hunt really fast, anyway I worked with him during the Summers training the bird dogs. At the end of the Summer right before it was time to pack up and come home, we would enter our best young dogs in this big field trial they had on the outside of the city of Regina in Saskatchewan. And when we put our dog on the ground and instructed to turn him loose by the judges, he ran as fast as he could to the woods on the far right.

With my job being what they call a scout, the dog handler (my Boss) sent me to make sure he didn't cross the field on the other side of the woods and get lost from the judges and gallery, my job was to, out of sight of everybody, was to go and heal the dog up and take him out front ahead of everybody, especially the judges, and when the dog would hear my boss calling and blowing his whistle, I would lightly toot my whistle to send the dog out front if I didn't find him on point, if he was on point, I had to let my boss know and he would follow me with the judges and gallery, flush the birds shoot the gun and lead the dog off and let him go back to hunting birds again. Well in that field trial,

I went to look for and find another one of our dogs, and he was hauling butt across the prairie, I had my horse hauling butt across the prairie to catch up with the dog, and my horse stepped in a Bagger hole and fell, and I was busted up pretty good. The first thing I remembered after that, was waking up, or coming to my senses in the Regina hospital 3 days latter, and my boss and the nurses said that I was awake the entire time talking out of my head, and to this day, I do not remember anything other than the horse going down, and nothing in between for 3 days, and the entire side of my head was just a huge scab, even where my hair was suppose to be. Now that was a h e l l of a hit on the head, I don't even remember getting back on the horse, and he took me back to the camp bc I don't remember it, and somes guys at camp said the reins were dragging the ground when they grabbed the horse with me on him, and they said that I was asking for my daddy, and my daddy had been dead for 8 years at that time!!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hit my head on the landing gear on the chopper

Oct 29, 2019, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Xavier Thomas injury update ]

that extracted me from the jungle while swinging wildly back and forth and was only out for about a minute but didn't feel like I was totally aware of things around me for about a month. Could have been influenced from other things like morphine intake as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No use rushing XT back for this weeks game...

Oct 29, 2019, 12:31 PM

Quite frankly, we won't need XT to beat Wofford. In fact, if any of our starters are banged up then this weekends game against Wofford will be a good time to let the backups get the vast majority of reps.

We want to be healthy going through the November championship run so I imagine we will see a lot of backups getting reps this weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No use rushing XT back for this weeks game...

Oct 29, 2019, 4:17 PM

I think we should start Brice and the entire second squad on offense and defense, just to see how they do. Give the starters the week off.

Don't tell anybody - anybody until kickoff.

Oct 29, 2019, 1:36 PM

XT's health is the number one concern at this point. I'm sure he will play when doctors are completely confident his health is of no concern. Get back soon XT!!! GO TIGERS!!

An AC joint sprain is no joke.

Oct 29, 2019, 1:51 PM

It may not be actually preventative from playing but it is extremely painful when hit.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: An AC joint sprain is no joke.

Oct 29, 2019, 3:13 PM

I sprained my AC joint and was in a sling for 2 weeks. I could not hold anything in my hand without the sling.

Kansas kids are tough***

Oct 29, 2019, 3:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ignorant, not stupid***

Oct 29, 2019, 3:42 PM

Save him for when we really need him.

Oct 29, 2019, 4:23 PM

Let him recover fully till that.

Oct 29, 2019, 6:49 PM

Get well XT. Number one goal.

Speaking of Xavier, why only one snap for Xavier Kelly last week. Was really hoping he’d bust out this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,038
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic