Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Mack Brown says Clemson has great players, but coaches make the difference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Mack Brown says Clemson has great players, but coaches make the difference

Sep 28, 2019, 7:52 AM

Mack Brown says Clemson has great players, but coaches make the difference

Mack Brown knows that Clemson has great players but what is often overlooked is that the Tigers have great coaches. Clemson (4-0 overall, 2-0 ACC) and UNC (2-2, 1-0) tangle at 3:30 pm today (ABC) at Kenan Stadium in Chapel Hill. The Tar Heels are overwhelming underdogs and Brown says he understands why. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Mack Brown says Clemson has great players, but coaches make the difference

Sep 28, 2019, 8:44 AM

I will be glad when Mack Brown stops buttering us up, stops kissing Dabo's butt, and lets the vicious hatred that has always seemed to exist between Clemson and North Carolina return to the gridiron. We don't play UNC enough to let a year slide by telling each other how much we like each other. Life would be more normal if Brown and the Tarheels hated Clemson as much as Doren and State hate us.

Our players go to class and graduate. The Tarheels have at least a quarter century history of letting their players in every sport fake it in the classroom. And UNC beat the crap out of the NCAA when their long history of cheating came to light. Old Clemson hands will recall the decades when Tarheels and pretty much the entire ACC looked down their noses at our Cow College, disdained Danny Ford and played power politics inside the ACC to rub our noses in the dirt. Tigers with a few grey hairs recall clearly the decades when the entire Tarheel nation pretended to be an Ivy League establishment off the fields of play, the royalty of the ACC and the unquestioned leader of the so called "Big Four" and so the Lords and Masters of the Atlantic Coast Conference. Smug old Dean Smith was a god to the Heels and he had complete disdain for Clemson and pretty much anyone else in the world who was not wearing baby blue with argyle accents. Smith lead his fans to see themselves as a cut above the rest of the world and to view Clemson as ruffians and stupid cheats from the wrong side of town. It is no coincidence that the former Athletic Director of UNC is the Commissioner of the ACC, that he eats dinner with his family a couple of times a month at the pompously named TOP OF THE HILL, and that whenever Clemson wins a title we all boo the hello out him when he tries to share in our success.

So Mack Brown can go back to TV for all I care and takes his sweet lovey talk with him. I hope Mack gets grass stains on his nice suits, gets his hands bloody at the feet of the Tigers as our boys claw his team apart like the sheep that they are. We cannot beat them badly enough to suit me. If we played 100+ players last week, we need to play no more than 40 or so today to keep the team in good shape and to show the whole Tarheel state who is now the master of the ACC.

I might feel a bit more kindly about UNC on Sunday if we beat them by more than 45 points tomorrow. I did not choose 45 points haphazardly. The last time Mack Brown was coaching UNC and we were playing up there Brown's boys beat Clemson 45-0 and I was there. We owe the heels a blood bath beating the present generation will never forget. I hope we give it to them today.

Go Tigers!! Slaughter the blue horned, blue bellied sheep that call themselves tarheels, whatever the hell that word means.

Take no prisoners. Vicious is the way to play the game. Hit'em. Hit'em. Hit'em. Make the weak ones run away. Kill the the ones who do not flee. Show them what an ### kicking from Clemson in Chapel Hill looks and feels like. Make the win big enough it gets brought up every stinking basketball game we ever play in that hell hole.

Hit'em. Hit'em. Hit'em.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tell us how you really feel

Sep 28, 2019, 9:47 AM

Was thinking the same. Ivy League wanna be school. I hope we freight train them. And still are going for it on fourth down, if we even have any fourth downs.

Re: tell us how you really feel

Sep 28, 2019, 10:04 AM

on point

Re: tell us how you really feel

Sep 28, 2019, 10:54 AM

I think the original poster pretty much summed it up quite well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Mack Brown says Clemson has great players, but coaches make the difference

Sep 28, 2019, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Mack Brown says Clemson has great players, but coaches make the difference ]

Don't hold back brother Harley !! I’m with you 100%......and old enough to remember. Preach on and let’s leave no doubt. Go Tigers

Sep 28, 2019, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Mack Brown says Clemson has great players, but coaches make the difference ]

Wow. This is perfectly scathing - I love it. I love it so much that I copied and pasted it to my Notes app, appropriately titled “F*** UNC.”

Hate fuels my love for college football and I now hate Mack Brown for trying to put a dimmer on my switch. I’m with you 100%.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Sep 28, 2019, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Mack Brown says Clemson has great players, but coaches make the difference ]

I enjoyed your read more than the article, well spoken. Thank you for pointing out all the bad blood, bc we certainly don't care for them, lol. Go Tigers!

Sep 28, 2019, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Mack Brown says Clemson has great players, but coaches make the difference ]

Harley®

Bravo!

I think you should be writing far more often!

POTD

Sep 28, 2019, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Mack Brown says Clemson has great players, but coaches make the difference ]

Love it.

Harley, you know the real history. Dabo better to be able to picture a guy like soft nose across the field, instead of his old friend Mac Brown.

Dabo, don’t give them a #### thing. Make them tap out by the second quarter.

My lowest moment in Clemson football was opening day 1996

Sep 28, 2019, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Mack Brown says Clemson has great players, but coaches make the difference ]

UNC thoroughly trashed us opening day. Whatever little bit of hope that I had that we would go back to winning again was gone. I was sitting near the fence and some old Clemson guy said, "Cheer up kid (I was 30-something) we will be back again one day" I had no idea that one day would take 20 years to get here.

I despise the blue bellies. I despise their arrogant attitudes that permeates with their dumb redneck fan base. They are almost coot level. Definitely my 2nd most hated team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2019, 8:48 AM

Ok Mack, now tell us something we didn’t already know.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2019, 9:01 AM

Sounds like Mack is putting a big bait of rat poison out there for us.

Pretty sure we won't take the bait.

Sep 28, 2019, 9:19 AM

Sounds like another milestone has been passed. A decade ago Dabo said he wanted Clemson to be the program that other programs were trying to be. Now Mack Brown has stated it out loud for everyone to hear, “We want to be the Clemson of the Coastal”.

I’ve not kept a list, but it seems like Dabo has delivered on every single thing he has said.

Dabo/Brent 2020

Sep 28, 2019, 12:26 PM

Nm

Dabo/Brent 2020

Sep 28, 2019, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Mack Brown says Clemson has great players, but coaches make the difference ]

Nm

all the pleasantry

Sep 28, 2019, 10:01 AM

We gonna kick yur lame blue unis all over your field and yur wine and cheese eaters gonna leave early!!! Establish the run and set up play action, Tigers will roll. Respect the orange!!! #ALLIN GO TIGERS! ??

Re: all the pleasantry

Sep 28, 2019, 11:39 AM

I was with you until you said to respect Syracuse at the end. ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Mack Brown went to the Danny Ford school of sunshine blowing

Sep 28, 2019, 11:41 AM [ in reply to all the pleasantry ]

Dabo doesn't do it as much, but Mack Brown is laying it on thick. I hope he's sincere in his adoration, because if he isn't, and Dabo will know, I pitty the fool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2019, 10:06 AM

Wow Mack laid it in pretty thick, but all of it is true! Back in the 80's during Danny's days beating NC was something we absolutely loved! Games changed since those days, and so have our Tigers! But I believe beating the Tarheels today will be just as sweet as it use to be! Believe the Tigers will be hitting on all cylinders today and we beat them by 5 or more touchdowns! Go Tigers!!!

Sep 28, 2019, 12:53 PM

I agree, and we can't put to much stock in Mack Brown's praise bc he is a good X & 0 coach that can exploit any weakness that he can find.

I think that what help him lose his job at Texas was Saban moving in at Bama, and Saban was getting his share of top recruits out of Texas, and then his assistant coach level was starting to drop off. And that is what happens with all top programs that has been at the top for a long time, the excitement starts to lose its luster, and the fans will start complaining that its all the fault of the HC and his coaching staff!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2019, 10:52 AM

While I don't disagree with Mack Brown that we do have excellent coaches, I always have heard that it's "Jimmies and Joes, not x's and o's that lead to success. Great to have both at CLEMSON!

Sep 28, 2019, 12:02 PM

Don't take the cheese, It's rat poison!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2019, 12:22 PM

Before Mack Brown ever coached a down of FB, he had to have worked at Dixie Crystal bc the sugar falls out his mouth like he just finished a shift at Dixie Crystal. Bless his heart bc he has learned how to make a thick paste of pure cane sugar, and he doesn't mind spreading it on thick the way he has on Dabo and Clemson. There is a doubt in my mind that Swofford was chitting himself reading this and swearing out of both sides of his mouth. I'm also betting that Swofford has already called the Tarhole AD and told him that he better reign in Mack Brown with his glorifying of Clemson!!!

I've learned not to second-guess Dabo, but.....

Sep 28, 2019, 1:38 PM

I don't get it. I met Mack Brown in the early 80's when he was at App State and I thought he was a pompous jerk! People mature and get better and maybe he has as well, but he still seems like a snake oil salesman to me!

he's a good fit at unc

Sep 28, 2019, 1:59 PM

I've never liked him

He's right, and BV is going to prove it to him

Sep 28, 2019, 1:47 PM

once again.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic