Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson coaches named among ones to watch in 2019
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson coaches named among ones to watch in 2019

Aug 12, 2019, 12:00 PM

Clemson coaches named among ones to watch in 2019

Three Clemson coaches made lists for ones to watch in the coaching profession. The Athletic put together a list of 40 assistant coaches to watch for head coachi Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson coaches named among ones to watch in 2019

Aug 12, 2019, 12:38 PM

Who in the world would look at these coaches for head coaching positions, none of these coaches know how to win. Ain't that right PAWWWWL.

At least Tony and Jeff have been coordinators

Aug 12, 2019, 12:42 PM

as we know that is a requirement to be a successful head coach.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At least Tony and Jeff have been coordinators

Aug 12, 2019, 12:54 PM

Locksley wins the Broyles Award for 2018 even though his mighty offense was throttled in the National Championship game. Let's see how terrific the Maryland offense is this year.

Locksley is a bit overrated, IMO

Aug 12, 2019, 1:36 PM

Never have you seen such a collection of talent at QB, WR AND RB. Honestly, think about the depth they had at all those positions last year. It was filthy. I'd give Bama the edge at RB, and a draw at QB (if looking at 2 deep) when compared to us. Further, they had the better TE and I would call a draw on the O'line.

They ran roughshod over their regular season opponents. But let that be a reflection of the talent gap on the teams they faced, than brilliant play calling by Locksley.

Of the 4 best Defense teams they played (Clem, UGA & Miss St & LSU) they averaged: 25 points. I can promise, we would have easily average more than 25 points for UGA, Miss St and LSU.

The rest of the teams all ranked outside the Top 32 in total defense. And, against those teams they average 47 points per game.

When it counted most, BV owned Locksley and Tua all night long.

He'll never get close to getting Maryland to winning their division in the Big 10. They'll never win more than 8 games in a season. Maryland is going to get anywhere near the kind of talent needed, and he isn't that brilliant of a coach to build a program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Locksley was an ace recruiter in the DC area for Maryland

Aug 12, 2019, 2:23 PM

and an extremely highly regarded assistant while he was there. I think he was a really good recruiter at Bama too, but it's kind of difficult to separate the assistants recruiting impact from Saban and the Alabama brand so who really knows.

I'm definitely not sold on Locksley as a HC or offensive play caller though. He got schooled by Venables pretty badly last year.

Notice Venables isn't even mentioned anymore

Aug 12, 2019, 2:20 PM

Last week on a podcast i heard a guy that specializes in covering CFB coaches moves call Venables a "lifer just like Bud Foster."

Re: Notice Venables isn't even mentioned anymore

Aug 12, 2019, 2:43 PM

Coach V has some things in common with Bud Foster... great defenses.

Neither Coach V nor Dabo are going anywhere while they have a chance to coach their sons... You can see Dabo's eyes light up when he talks about Will and the younger one.

Bud Foster would have left VaT for the NC job at Clemson.. but Dabo took the job during his interim try out. Venables will leave Clemson for the job he wants when his kids are done.... I think he still has a daughter in HS or younger. I do not think it is about Clemson as much as it is about family.

Love those guys.

Pretty cool about Maverick Morris***

Aug 12, 2019, 3:19 PM

You just never know . . .

Aug 12, 2019, 10:37 PM

Who the next molder of dreams might be!!!

They arise from the unlikeliest places . . . Totally under my radar, but I don't know these guys . . . It's probably no surprise to our Coaches at all!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 4:20 PM

I believe Streeter will be a future steel for a smaller school.

Aug 13, 2019, 6:14 AM

Maybe he becomes our OC one day?

Re: Streeter

Aug 15, 2019, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson coaches named among ones to watch in 2019 ]

Heard Liberty was interested in calling him this year, but Hugh Freeze was too big a fish to pass up.

I never heard whether Streeter was interested. He was OC there for a year or two over a decade ago.

I get the impression he is really embracing this role as the QB guru. He has the potential to go down in history as the greatest QB coach of all time. With a string of QBs coming to Clemson like DW4 (coached but not recruited), TL16, CB7, Phomma....., DJ, and the future is bright, how could he go wrong? Even HJ he recruited, and KB2 he coached.

It looked like he has a lot of fun with them on his annual golf outing. It is another mark of the expectations at Clemson: if you become a successful QB in the NFL, you need to know how to golf.

QBs don't bowl. They might fish. They might own sports cars. But they always golf.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic