Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Sharpe strong start, Tiger bats key opener win at BC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

TNET: Sharpe strong start, Tiger bats key opener win at BC

Mar 22, 2019, 8:00 PM

Sharpe strong start, Tiger bats key opener win at BC

BRIGHTON, MASS. - Freshman righthander Davis Sharpe tossed 7.0 scoreless innings to lead No. 20 Clemson to an 8-1 victory over Boston College at Harrington Athl Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Sharpe strong start, Tiger bats key opener win at BC

Mar 22, 2019, 9:55 PM

I don’t follow baseball but how are we not in the top 25 but UNC and coastal Carolina are #16&17? Didn’t we win both of those series? They have the same record as us

Mar 23, 2019, 1:04 AM

We are ranked #20. If we could of won the series last weekend against Norte Dame then we would be around #13.

Mar 23, 2019, 6:57 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sharpe strong start, Tiger bats key opener win at BC ]

That’s not how it works in baseball.

The top of the fifth with 2 outs was beautiful . . .

Mar 23, 2019, 1:46 AM

Tigers up 3-0 everything cool . . . No one on base . . . Hall comes to bat . . .

Infield hit puts him on first . . . Davidson at the plate . . . Left-handed pitcher so he is hitting right handed . . . Monte sends Hall on a hit-and-run, Davidson gets an outside pitch and three bounces it through the hole vacated by the second baseman

Runners on the corner now . . . Davidson is caught with a pickoff move and breaks for second . . . When the throw goes to second, Hall breaks for home and beats the throw home

Small ball at its finest 4-0 Tigers!!!

I'm still grinning from ear to ear . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The top of the fifth with 2 outs was beautiful . . .

Mar 23, 2014, 10:05 PM

I know, i was loving it and really appreciated the awareness of Hall to realize the ump hadn’t made a call and went back to touch home.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly thought he touched it on his initial pass . . .

Mar 23, 2019, 11:52 AM

Evidently the ump had another opinion . . . the ump played it as he should and never signaled, just patiently waited for the play to end. You are correct Hall made the wise move!!!

Question??? Had Hall not gone back to touch the plate, rather opting to return to the dugout and the catcher having returned the ball to the mound for further play . . . What would the ruling have been? (I am assuming the pitcher didn't toe the rubber and step off, throwing the ball to the catcher to touch home as an appeal.)

Hall out at home due to being out of the baseline? The home plate umpire would have had to stop play and make a ruling. If Hall was out at home, how would you score it? Catcher Unassisted? 1 to 2 for the put out? What?

Too many ???, sorry . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic