Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney sends football to Purdue superfan battling cancer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney sends football to Purdue superfan battling cancer

Nov 27, 2018, 9:05 PM

Swinney sends football to Purdue superfan battling cancer

The nation got to know Purdue superfan Tyler Trent earlier this football season when his battle with bone cancer was featured on ESPN College GameDay. Later tha Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once again Dabo proves he lives it !

Nov 27, 2018, 9:16 PM

Re: TNET: Swinney sends football to Purdue superfan battling cancer

Nov 27, 2018, 9:34 PM

I really grew to like that guy too. Never have I seen a more genuine soul. I’m glad Dabo reminded us of him because we all need to say a little prayer for this young man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 8:18 AM

This!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great point. Just did.***

Nov 28, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney sends football to Purdue superfan battling cancer ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Nov 27, 2018, 10:16 PM

Do you notice when Swinney does things like this you hear about it from the recipient? There are too many today would send out press releases stating what they were doing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And You never hear about many of the things he does

Nov 28, 2018, 12:25 AM

A friend of mine reached out to coach when his father was dying in the hospital in Greenville. He was just hoping for a card. Instead coach Swinney stopped by his room. He will never know how happy he made a loyal Tiger and his whole family.

Dabo went out of his way for a friend of mine

Nov 28, 2018, 7:56 AM

who eventually passed away. Then Dabo sent flowers to the funeral. CLASS ACT sand genuine as they come.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Dabo went out of his way for a friend of mine

Nov 28, 2018, 8:17 AM

You are so right. You can't just pick this mantra up to make a show, and then discard it when the show is over and get by with it. Dabo does these things, because that is who he is, not for the show.

Re: Dabo went out of his way for a friend of mine

Nov 30, 2018, 6:33 PM

true character is demonstrated by what you do when no one is looking.bobby orr,boston bruin great,was known for doing stuff like this,purposely avoiding publicity.what matters most is that THE BIG GUY knows what you do and what you don't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Great Story!

Nov 28, 2018, 8:14 AM

Dabo is the greatest, no doubt! And he is OURS!!!!!

Nov 28, 2018, 10:03 AM

Wow, that’s really awesome and touching. Dabo Sweeney is very thoughtful.

You would think spelling his last name correctly

Nov 28, 2018, 10:32 AM

would not be difficult since it is spelled correctly in your heading.

Re: You would think spelling his last name correctly

Nov 28, 2018, 11:21 AM

Coach Dabo sent me a card the very next day after my horrible car accident when I was in the trauma center at Winston Salem Baptist Hospital. I’ll have that card forever ! Not many people as busy as he is with this football program would take the time to remind me that I am missed in Death Valley. We have a one of a kind leading us to new heights and I hope every one who cares about Clemson knows this and will support him 110%. The negative post about the coaches and players really concerns me because we have no equal in college football today.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic