Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney updates Tre Lamar's injury status
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 3,378

TNET: Swinney updates Tre Lamar's injury status

Nov 27, 2018, 11:49 AM

Swinney updates Tre Lamar's injury status

Clemson linebacker and Butkus award finalist Tre Lamar was out with an ankle injury in the 56-35 rivalry win against South Carolina. During Tuesday's press conf Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney updates Tre Lamar's injury status

Nov 27, 2018, 11:56 AM

He was truly missed in the game Saturday. Hope he is 100% for Pitt. Remember what their fullback did to us in the last meeting?

Nov 27, 2018, 2:22 PM

James Conner has made everyone in Pittsburgh forget who Le’Veon Bell is though. I mean, that kid’s an anomaly. I think we could win this game resting all of our starters. And quite frankly, we should take them out as soon as possible.

Nov 27, 2018, 12:14 PM

Thought Davis did pretty well in his stead. The Gamecocks definitely were not gashing us with the run (they had all of 90 yards rushing, with 28 of that coming on one run from Rico Dowdle in garbage time)...and he made a pick on a pass drop, which was supposedly the big knock on both Davis boys. The far bigger problem was busts on the back end but the MLB position had very little to do with that.

So far our "+1" Davis twins have more than backed up their scholie value. They've logged how many snaps and tackles between the two of them? I'd say Dabo & Co. have won that particular argument, and pretty definitively.

Those "glue" legacy guys we have pretty much at every level and every position help us in a ton of ways that people don't always see. The fact that we can get solid, savvy, assignment-sound relief for impact starters like Lamar allows us to keep the wear and tear off them...and allows Clemson to hold them and let them heal up when they're dinged.

Contrast that with the myriad of guys who were falling out, getting taped back together, and sent back in for Carolina and you can see the massive difference in programs.

thought Davis played ok- he did look shallow and out of

Nov 27, 2018, 12:25 PM

position on some drops though and Lamar eats up a lot more space in the middle and can change throws when he is in there and drops to correct position. Also a bigger punch on blitzes. Davis made obviously made a huge play on the INT. The bigger issues were behind Davis but he made some mistakes and I'm sure he'd tell you that. He's played better. There was one game- GT maybe- that I thought he played lights out.

He got lost on one big completion.. might have been

Nov 27, 2018, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney updates Tre Lamar's injury status ]

the 67 yard TD pass, but other than that he was pretty solid.

Nov 27, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney updates Tre Lamar's injury status ]

My bad. Lamar wasn’t as missed as I thought. The pressure that the Tigers put on Bentley was awesome.

Nov 28, 2018, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney updates Tre Lamar's injury status ]

They are seniors now right!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 3,378
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic