Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson's big day impresses Ole Miss running back commit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,695

TNET: Clemson's big day impresses Ole Miss running back commit

Nov 6, 2018, 3:28 PM

Clemson's big day impresses Ole Miss running back commit

No. 2 Clemson rushed for 492 yards and had three backs go over the 100-yard mark in Saturday’s 77-16 demolition of Louisville. Not a bad way to impress one of the top running backs in the 2019 recruiting cycle, a back that also happens to be committed to Ole Miss. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson's big day impresses Ole Miss running back commit

Nov 6, 2018, 4:45 PM

I'm wondering if he truly understands what commitment means, or is this a guy that needs to be recruited the hardest one or two weeks before signing day....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 5:03 PM

When Mack Brown was at Texas, if a recruit that was committed to Texas was looking around like this, he would pull their offer. That's just not a committed player and he wanted players that really wanted to be with his program. You want a guy that really wants to be a Clemson Tiger. If a guy is still looking around, then in my book he's not even really committed.

Nov 6, 2018, 5:14 PM

Things happen, maybe he wanted to stay close to home because of family then that family is no longer in his life for whatever reason. Who knows, sometimes you're just a 17 year old that makes a rash decision and later realizes there's more out there and fall in love with another program. Mack Brown pulling kids offers is stupid it's like being a car salesman and having someone go "I'm gonna go look at this other car" and you having a fit like a child and screaming fine you can't buy my car anymore. It hurts you more than them and is EXTREMELY outdated thinking for handling the recruiting process.

Nov 6, 2018, 5:34 PM

Buying a car and recruiting FB players is totally different. I may buy your car and I'm committed to playing for your team is totally different, and not even the same concept!!! Coaches recruit so many players of need at every position, you have a player committed, then the coach doesn't have to BS other players with that position bc he has a recruit committed to that position and it's no longer available!!! When that committed recruit changes his mind, that coach has to find another recruit to fill that position, and it really sucks if you are that coach!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 6:26 PM

That coach is getting paid 7 figures to adapt. That kid is making a decision to play free football that best suites him. If Ole Miss was his best offer so he said he would go and then a better offer came across later to benefit the rest of his life you say he should just not take it because he told a stranger something else? That's what will benefit him, his family and his future as well as their life so I say he should be able to make that decision without ridicule of him being "not understanding" of the word commitment as you bash his efforts to support himself and his family for the rest of his life by taking the best opportunities he's given.

Nov 9, 2018, 2:27 PM

Hey, I'm glad our program is of such quality that it can cause kids to have second thoughts. Hope he chooses us.

Not to mention, the "commitments" can often be one sided.

Nov 7, 2018, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson's big day impresses Ole Miss running back commit ]

The school can come up with any reason it wants to to yank the offer. So while I'd prefer kids not "commit" until they're sure and no longer indulge in the recruiting process, sometimes that's just not realistic with 17/18 year old kids that are being sold hard by a bunch of well trained adults.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Not to mention, the "commitments" can often be one sided.

Nov 9, 2018, 2:28 PM

Right!

Nov 6, 2018, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson's big day impresses Ole Miss running back commit ]

Dabo once used that philosophy but changed with the times.(If I'm not mistaken)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson's big day impresses Ole Miss running back commit ]

Do you question ETN's understanding of commitment because he was committed elsewhere too?

Where was ETN committed other than Clemson?***

Nov 6, 2018, 6:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where was ETN committed other than Clemson?

Nov 6, 2018, 6:25 PM

I think he wanted to commit to LSU but they slow played him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Texas A&M*******

Nov 6, 2018, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Where was ETN committed other than Clemson?*** ]

I believe that Clemson was his first commitment***

Nov 6, 2018, 8:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, it was A&M

Nov 7, 2018, 8:53 AM

Committed in June 2016 and decommitted in August 2016.

Nov 7, 2018, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson's big day impresses Ole Miss running back commit ]

The difference with ETN is that I don't believe that he was looking elsewhere while he was committed. He decommitted from A&M and then resumed his search. Was it Shaq Smith that committed to us twice? I believe it was him that committed, decommitted (I think because he was still looking and asked to) and then returned to the Clemson commitment.

Nov 6, 2018, 5:09 PM

Pretty unusual to be a great running back AND a great baseball player. I can think of only one other: Vincent “Bo” Jackson.

Nov 6, 2018, 5:19 PM

Wonder if he will even ever play football in college with a draft stock that high!

Nov 6, 2018, 9:13 PM

My thoughts as well SethSly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 5:19 PM

Answers the couch question at rb if he would be considered 2nd back in class.

Roscoe Crosby all over again? Seriously though once this kid

Nov 7, 2018, 8:43 AM

sees that first round draft baseball money, or even second round as far as that is concerned, I dare say he will likely never play a down of college football or at best one year. Therefore he will be more like Francour than Crosby I suppose if that happens. Can't really blame him.

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,695
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic