Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson TE out of practice with injury
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson TE out of practice with injury

Aug 4, 2018, 11:31 AM

Former Clemson TE out of practice with injury

Just being healthy is one of the key components sometimes in players winning or losing jobs in the NFL. New York Jets tight end Jordan Leggett unfortunately suf Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson TE out of practice with injury

Aug 4, 2018, 12:30 PM

We have sorely missed Jordan Leggett's production on our offense since his departure to the NFL. Here is to hoping that one of our TEs can step up and come close to giving us the production that Leggett gave our offense especially in his last year on our NC team!!! I know that it took Leggett a couple of years to take his job serious, but once he did, he was a go to guy when we had to have it....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe it's just the norm for the NFL

Aug 4, 2018, 12:37 PM

But it seems a lot of former Clemson players are
hit with the injury bug - Spiller, Watkins, Shaq,
Dodd, Williams, Watson, Leggett, etc. I guess it's
rare for a guy like Walter Payton who played about
13 straight seasons without missing a game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You make a good point - Nuk seems like one of the few

Aug 4, 2018, 1:09 PM

Clemson ballers who has enjoyed a relatively injury-free NFL career. It's a tough riddle to figure out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You make a good point - Nuk seems like one of the few

Aug 4, 2018, 7:31 PM

I remember Hopkins' injuries because I try to get him for fantasy teams and am hurting when he's hurting!

Re: Maybe it's just the norm for the NFL

Aug 4, 2018, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Maybe it's just the norm for the NFL ]

Guys used to play with injuries where they don't do it nearly as much nowadays. I guess an effort for safety and future quality of life has a lot to do with it which was needed. There used to only be x-rays where they only showed if there was a broken bone or not. But now we have CT-scans and MRI's that show soft tissue damage now and is used to determine injuries. This increased the amount of injuries probably 10 fold.

That said, our society is simply softer than it used to be. The money wasn't nearly as much as it is now and a lot of it wasn't guaranteed unlike today. So if you didn't play you didn't get paid, just a different culture.

Aug 4, 2018, 1:29 PM

I simply believe the training is different. In the NFL, teams are very scientific when it comes to training elite athletes. Think of it as Rocky 4. Clemson players train like Rocky. And NFL guys train like Ivan Drago.

Aug 4, 2018, 5:13 PM

I simply believe the training is different. In the NFL, teams are very scientific when it comes to training elite athletes. Think of it as Rocky 4. Clemson players train like Rocky. And NFL guys train like Ivan Drago.

Don’t forget though. Drago lost.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 11:43 PM

That's my point...Drago losing is comparable to Clemson guys getting hurt in the NFL

Re: TNET: Former Clemson TE out of practice with injury

Aug 4, 2018, 5:27 PM

He was hurt last year. Had surgery earlier this year on his knee. Guess he wasn’t ready.

Injuries suck.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic