Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Venables takes leap of faith after midnight phone call with Swinney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: Venables takes leap of faith after midnight phone call with Swinney

Aug 2, 2018, 8:01 AM

Venables takes leap of faith after midnight phone call with Swinney

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney's first conversation with Brent Venables last until well after midnight, with Swinney telling Venables to get on a plane and make his way to Clemson to talk. The rest, as they say, is history. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Venables takes leap of faith after midnight phone call with Swinney

Aug 2, 2018, 8:15 AM

Great article. Dabo has assembled a group of incredibly high caliber, high character guys. As much as I love Clemson, I think his formula could work anywhere because it is based on the right life priorities.

Scary headline.

Aug 2, 2018, 8:17 AM

just sayin

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Scary headline.

Aug 2, 2018, 8:22 AM

midnight is past my bedtime, so I would not know

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe if you

Aug 2, 2018, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Scary headline. ]

are a maroon

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: maybe if you

Aug 2, 2018, 10:44 AM

??. Love the Looney Tunes!!!!

Then you must love TigerNet because it is

Aug 2, 2018, 12:44 PM

populated with several.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Scary headline.

Aug 2, 2018, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Scary headline. ]

Do not fear, be bold and courageous.

Aug 2, 2018, 8:32 AM

It occurs to me that this is in stark contrast to the situation at OSU. A wise man would not hire someone with those character issues. Dabo knows that the best way to deal with such a situation is to avoid the situation altogether by not hiring someone with that type of past. Butch Davis at UNC made the same fatal mistake when he hired the guy (from OK?) who had NCAA skeletons. Same for Louisville...

Aug 2, 2018, 9:21 AM

Absolutely but, I think that everybody has some baggage that life it's self has delft them at some point in their life but deserves a clean slate. And in BV's case, I'm talking about the up and down processes that Stoop's had put BV though for no other reason than the blood bond of family that forced BV having to share his position at Oklahoma. As I believe there is always a reason for everything, and by Stoop's adding the baggage of his brother into BV's life and his position at Oklahoma is the very reason that BV is the DC at Clemson, and the job at Clemson couldn't have worked out any better for BV and his family if he would have writen his life S c r i p t himself. The good thing is that we have BV at Clemson, and the folks at Clemson of power has proven to BV they want him to stay. As a very long time Clemson fan, I'm happy and proud that BV is the DC at Clemson....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2018, 9:36 AM

Deer Mods, please tell what is harmful in the word S c r i p t that you would block the use of the word ######???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it has to do with HTML programming.***

Aug 2, 2018, 12:45 PM

Malicious $cripts can be written and implemented.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 2, 2018, 8:44 AM

It’s been better than we could have ever hoped too. Thanks Coach V. For all you have done and all you will do for Clemson!!!!
GO TIGERS!!!

Aug 2, 2018, 8:58 AM

It has been better than we hoped too! I am so happy that you and your family love Clemson as much as we do.

Orange Bowl**

Aug 2, 2018, 12:13 PM
img23179129.jpg(73.8 K)

That Wednesday night, Jan.4 2012 --- I was sitting in the stands of Miami's Sun Life Stadium,cold and shivering from the low temps & aZZZZZZZZZZ kicking my Tigers were getting on the field,that night --- never in my dreams,could I see or imagine anything ""GOOD"" about what I was watching* -- on the long ride home,all my new friends were shouting & waving as they passed ( all with WV License plates** )!!!!!

I now see the light !!!! Thanks to you West Virginia,for that whooping __ thanks to you Bob Stoop-id for hiring your brother back -- and most of all____ thank you Coach Venables, for all you do !!!

Re: Orange Bowl**

Aug 2, 2018, 1:06 PM

Great post!!!

Aug 2, 2018, 8:09 PM

Thanks Coach V for making that leap of faith. Looking forward to watching another year of solid defense....and hope many more. Go Tigers

Aug 3, 2018, 4:52 PM

He is a great coach and better man. I hope he and his family always feel that way about Clemson. Go Tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic