Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Albert Huggins: The fifth starter along Clemson's talented defensive front
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: Albert Huggins: The fifth starter along Clemson's talented defensive front

Jul 24, 2018, 7:01 AM

Albert Huggins: The fifth starter along Clemson's talented defensive front

Don’t forget about Albert Huggins, the fifth starter on Clemson’s talented defensive line. Huggins, a senior out of Orangeburg, started two games last season and has been called a co-starter by head coach Dabo Swinney during preseason interviews. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Albert Huggins: The fifth starter along Clemson's talented defensive front

Jul 24, 2018, 7:08 AM

I really appreciate Huggy Bear’s contribution to our team. That young man worked hard and stuck it out even when he easily could have transferred and started elsewhere. I think it shows good character and a lot of devotion to the team. He will be missed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Albert Huggins: The fifth starter along Clemson's talented defensive front

Jul 24, 2018, 7:40 AM

I really wish he had one more year. A year to shine would put him in the draft spotlight.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

really wish he was eligible for another year... he would be

Jul 24, 2018, 8:12 AM

dominate if he played full time.I think he's a better version of Jarvis Jenkins.

This may be a dumb question.

Jul 24, 2018, 8:35 AM

With the new redshirt rule, couldn't Coach Swinney redshirt Huggins and give him an extra year of eligibility? I have a feeling that Big Dex may return for another season at Clemson as well. I mean if he redshirted Huggins and Big Dex returned then they could both start on the inside together and really shine. It would also allow for them to sculpt and mold the lower classmen at their position. If Dex and the rest of them all leave this season, it will leave a huge leadership void at the DT position for a season or two. However, I'm not too sure that the new redshirt rule allows for a coach to use it for a Senior who has played for three seasons already unless it was a medical redshirt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

thats a good question. I'm not sure how that works but

Jul 24, 2018, 9:15 AM

one thing i do know is that NFL paycheck is a tough one to turn down once they float those numbers at you. Huggins could possibly get a bump by coming back and making a name for himself but Dex i'm sure will probably strike while the iron is hot.

Anyone can redshirt as long as they do not play in more that

Jul 24, 2018, 10:08 AM [ in reply to This may be a dumb question. ]

4 games.

This is Dexter's last year and I doubt Huggy wants to sit out games and come back either.

It will be a challenge for BV to sew together a defense for 2019, but he does it every year we just have to trust him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Jul 24, 2018, 8:30 AM

Sucks that we wasted a year of his eligibility by not redshirting. I'm pretty sure he only played mop up duty. This is where the new redshirt rule is going to come into play.

I remember the GIF that was circulating around of him tossing a Bama player around like a rag doll. I wish I could still find it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will all 5 of these guys go PRO after the season ?

Jul 24, 2018, 9:38 AM

???

???

???

null

Re: Will all 5 of these guys go PRO after the season ?

Jul 24, 2018, 10:11 AM

4 of them have to obviously. Big Dex I am sure will go as well. I wonder how high Huggins goes in the draft? 5th round? He may be a steal.

Jul 24, 2018, 10:26 AM

Let’s get a pic of Huggy without Belk in it ????

Jul 24, 2018, 11:40 AM

Huggins will be an unsung hero this season. He is very versatile and I look forward to watching him perform this season. Thank you for sticking around Albert and not getting sour grapes and transferring. We know you could start at almost every other university.

Good luck Mr Huggins!

Jul 24, 2018, 12:25 PM

Great article.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic