Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Letters show students concern with new ticketing plan for 2018 season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Letters show students concern with new ticketing plan for 2018 season

Jul 12, 2018, 2:01 AM

Letters show students concern with new ticketing plan for 2018 season

Clemson University Student Government and the Athletic Department unveiled a new student ticketing plan last week, and some students are wondering if the plan will fix the problem of student attendance. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Letters show students concern with new ticketing plan for 2018 season

Jul 12, 2018, 2:25 AM

Story was taken down from the site????

Jul 12, 2018, 2:26 AM

Hmm.. something unexpected happened, sorry about that.

If you have any questions about this message, please send an email to webmaster@tigernet.com. Thanks.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Letters-show-students-concern-with-new-ticketing-plan-for-2018-season-17041#ixzz5L18ZzNxi

Just WOW? Snowflakes gone wild. Pick up tickets in person..

Jul 13, 2018, 7:09 AM

on assigned days by class. Many statements in that letter indicate that a lot of these kids are not true diehards.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So they’re concerned enough to write letters

Jul 12, 2018, 5:22 AM

but not camp out for tickets.

Make it first come, first serve like it used to be and move on. The hill should be general attendance. Sell tickets the day of the game if the students don’t show.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Amen

Jul 12, 2018, 7:47 AM

Make it first come first serve and be done with it.

Enough catering to snowflake millennials already.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So they’re concerned enough to write letters

Jul 12, 2018, 8:48 AM [ in reply to So they’re concerned enough to write letters ]

This!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talk about paralysis by over-analysis....

Jul 12, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to So they’re concerned enough to write letters ]

and making a very simple process far too complicated.

Wow...just wow !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 12, 2018, 4:29 PM

Comments from the students....and my retorts:

"The system does not cater to the way that these college students decide to attend football games"

- - Welcome to life. It doesn't cater to you or your neo-generational millennials.

"Students will face conflicts and scheduling issues throughout the academic year"

- - Funny, my two older sisters and multiple friends ALL camped out for tickets. You punks wine about paying or being penalized for not showing up. Get over it. There are THOUSANDS that would buy those tickets and gladly attend the games. The student athletes we cheer for - not the general student population.

"Further, I feel modern students are more introverted and less likely to try to acquire a ticket at the game"

- - sounds like a personal problem - what are they going to do when it comes time to finding a job and interacting with society? Never mind - I don't care.

"Putting 50% of student tickets up "for sale" in season-long packages removes Clemsons "Right" to say they go to the games for free.

- - #1; free tickets are not a "right" snowflake. And so what - the rest of us pay literally THOUSANDS of dollars to attend. We also pay for your student athletes through IPTAY. You guys do nada. You show up late, half drunk and leave before the game is over. You collectively flushed your own opportunity to continue that tradition of free seats by your refusal to show up or stay.

"I do hope that you will take these thoughts into consideration. I want Clemson Football to be successful, and I want the stadium to be packed"

- - so do we - hence the reason this became YOUR problem. Clemson is already successful and it had little to nothing to do with you - or any non-student-athlete currently enrolled.

THE REST OF THIS IS NOTHING BUT WHINY GARBAGE.

Camping out for tickets used to be a blast.

Jul 12, 2018, 4:49 PM

I was in Tiger Band, didn't need tickets, and I camped out with my friends anyway (football and basketball). We would take shifts at the "camp site" and only 1 or two of us would be there at night actually camping. As far as I know all of us made it to class and never missed an academic obligation. If I could go back and relive it I would in an instant.

Kids today suck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This might be my favorite post of all time. Well done!***

Jul 12, 2018, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Letters show students concern with new ticketing plan for 2018 season ]

Jul 12, 2018, 4:42 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

tl;dr***

Jul 12, 2018, 5:15 PM

As a Millennial

Jul 12, 2018, 8:19 PM

I am offended as to how millennial this letter comes across. Pure unapologetic laziness with a dissertation to justify.

Maybe, just maybe, make 4 friends, coordinate to walk up to the ticket gate together and ask for tickets. But I guess making multiple friends is hard these days, who knows...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went to Clemson in the early eighties

Jul 12, 2018, 8:44 PM

If I remember correctly, I had the option to pre-PAY for football tickets at the start of the Fall semester (or not). Then, the week of the game, we had to go to a desk located outside under the raised walkway in front of the library to claim our first come first serve ticket(s). I took turns with the person with whom I attended the games showing up about 6am at that desk. These tickets were always between the goal line and the 10 yard line, and I felt good about it. We were loud and proud, there were no gaps in the seating, and the volume wasn't just standing up ONLY to dance/sing to some freakin' rap song, only to sit right down again when play resumed. Our songs were along the line of Eye of the Tiger, not "bullet for everyone on the room." The ACC even started an excessive crowd noise rule while I was there. Ask senior MD QB Boomer Esiason how loud we were. After Boomer bitched about crowd noise until we got an excessive noise warning, the head cheer leader got everybody to be ultra quiet on the next play with ALL of us going SSSHHHHHHHHH in unison. It was so freaky that Boomer (future NFL QB) brutally overthrew the 3rd down pass to the end zone. I guess me and the person that I attended games with had it easy because we were only taking MECHANICAL FREAKIN' ENGINEERING! We always dispositioned our tickets if we couldn't make it, which was RARE. I missed ONE game the three seasons that I was there, and that was because of an attempted date with a flaky female. As far as the socio-economic differences, I paid for my college by working 1 to 2 jobs every summer, acquiring student LOANS, and working part time during the school year.

All that being said...SHUT UP you bunch of present day student cry babies! Use a calendar (you already know when the freakin' games are), don't procrastinate, take care of your business ahead of time, and come out and have fun pulling for our beloved Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Look, I took the heat for my kids' lack of clear vision...

Jul 12, 2018, 8:47 PM

and a reasonable perspective. I blame the parents.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ge LOVES Clemson football

Jul 12, 2018, 9:16 PM

but conflicts and scheduling issues cause problems - Yet games are on Saturdays and he lives 5 miles or less from the stadium, more than likely.

Football games are not planned far in advance?

Loves football but attendance depends on whether or not his friends will attend?

I wonder if this letter is not a GREAT TROLL!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Camp out, get your tickets. If you want to go bad enough

Jul 12, 2018, 10:10 PM

you'll figure it out. Stop whining.....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly, they don't want them bad enough.***

Jul 13, 2018, 10:10 AM

Jul 12, 2018, 10:29 PM

Scheduling conflicts ? scheduling conflicts ?? A student, who will never again have as much control of their time, can't figure out seven Saturdays. Seven Saturdays everyone already knows. If you can't figure that out, you will not survive in the real world.

The only scheduling conflict we would have had as students, was death. I wonder how many would camp out for free tickets to a concert by a favorite performer.

If they dont want to go, they dont want to go. Sell them the

Jul 13, 2018, 12:23 AM

tix like every other college does, so eneryone who wants to go will have a ticket and every seat will be filled with a ticket buyer. What's the problem? Eff the attitiude. Cater. Right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2018, 9:25 AM

Just designate the number of seats for the students, the total number of students allowed on the hill and scan their IDs at a student gate at game time on a first come first serve basis. This is the 21st century and there are enough programs and computers that can accurately count how many students have entered. When the student allotment tickets have been met, close the gate until the next game. This will ensure those there, want to be there and are willing to sacrifice a little time to make it happen. It may not be the complicated option of choice but it's simple.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bless Tyler's heart. He wanted free box seats. Maybe.***

Jul 13, 2018, 1:40 PM

Jul 13, 2018, 4:40 PM

These students are a bunch of privileged babies.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic