Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Ticket Revenue; Freshmen Report; Five-Star Prospect
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,206

Plyler's Blog: Ticket Revenue; Freshmen Report; Five-Star Prospect

Jul 9, 2018, 9:34 AM

Ticket Revenue; Freshmen Report; Five-Star Prospect

Email Bag

In this format, we will publish your comments and answer your questions. To submit a comment or questions, please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,

While reading the USA report on athletic department revenues I noticed one entry that listed the amou

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Student Revenue

Jul 9, 2018, 10:11 AM

It truly amazes me that people think students should pay even more money on top of the tens of thousands they already do. Looks to me like these schools should be conforming to us, not the other way around.

Student Revenue

Jul 9, 2018, 10:11 AM

It truly amazes me that people think students should pay even more money on top of the tens of thousands they already do. Looks to me like these schools should be conforming to us, not the other way around.

Wrap your head around this...

Jul 9, 2018, 12:39 PM

Unlike when many of us were at Clemson...the prior millennium, the games were a big deal...pre, during, and (Lowered knows!) post. The kids today have numerous 'outlets' and don't seem committed to attending the games. The 'revenue' isn't about 'revenue', it's about forcing a commitment to attend and support. 'Free' blows up in the faces of those who aren't fortunate enough to get tickets in time, then watch as those who did procure, because they were free, don't feel the need to show up.

Clemson has long made a commitment (there's that word again) to provide tickets to those who want to go...unfortunately, today's students don't honor the good intentions. So, to protect those who do want to see the game, sadly, money is the line in the sand. Is it perfect...ideal? No...but this isn't the 70's anymore...or 80's. (BTW, I blame the 'woo hoo' for all of this undoing!)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,206
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic