Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers homered by Commodores in record-tying loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers homered by Commodores in record-tying loss

Jun 3, 2018, 10:10 PM

Tigers homered by Commodores in record-tying loss

Vanderbilt crushed nine homers and Clemson failed to execute – at bat, on the mound and in the field – in losing 19-6 to the Commodores Sunday afternoon at Doug Kingsmore. Vanderbilt will advance to play the winner of the Florida St. Regional. (Photo by David Grooms) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tigers homered by Commodores in record-tying loss

Jun 3, 2018, 10:20 PM

3 years in a row hosting at home not to come out of it. We never did that before he arrived !!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2018, 10:21 PM

Had to turn this one off. Total humiliation. Sure hope Vandy goes on to Omaha. Perhaps we can recruit some pitchers. We seemed to be throwing batting practice tonight.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2018, 10:38 PM

It's one thing to lose, and another to quit as A team and be embarrassed and humiliated at home.
Both the coaches and the team quit on the fans.
Next year will be worse.
Come on football season !!

not that it matters but 1-4 vs Vandy

Jun 3, 2018, 10:42 PM

Not 0-4. We forced the 2nd game last year

2nd Regional final game that is

Jun 3, 2018, 10:44 PM

3 total games last year between the two teams

Ouch***

Jun 3, 2018, 10:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2018, 11:01 PM

Congratulations to the Tigers baseball team for a great season. I know we would have loved to move on but Vanderbilt was just the better team this time around. Coach Lee and the rest of the team represented Clemson with poise and class and I am proud of you all for that. All the best to the seniors and those who are entering the MLB draft. Thank you for all you gave to Tigers baseball. To Coach Lee and those of you returning, have a great summer. Work and play hard. See y’all for a new season in February. Go Tigers!

Jun 4, 2018, 12:21 AM

OK, I post on here 'bout once in a blue moon so it's got to be a "special" occasion. Tonight warrants it. Let's take 'em in order:
1. Didn't Jack Leggett get fired for this type of performance? Just Say'n.
2. Exactly where did 47 wins get us? ACC ring? Super Regional?
3. Is there any D1 school (H**l, any school) w/winning record that left any more men in scoring
position this season?
4. Did CU attempt 1 suicide squeeze all year? In any 1 run games?
5. How many batters were caught looking for third out with runners on base?
6. Do we have a hitting coach that teaches anything but hitting home runs?
Suggestions:
1. Take OMAHA off the caps. You've got the cart before the horse.
It reminds me of the years after the '81 NC. (I know this dates me)
a. We're gonna win the NC. (LOSE)
b. We're gonna win the ACC (LOSE)
c. W're gonna go to a big bowl (LOSE)
d. We're gonna go to a little bowl (LOSE)
e. We're gonna beat Carolina (at least most years TRUE)
2. Take OMAHA off the caps until you EARN IT!
(H**l, make it a d**n ceremony when you make it.)
(I think the university can afford new caps!)
3. Find a good NCAA baseball program with a winning record that left the fewest runners in
scoring position and BEG them to let your coaching staff to camp out with them.
4. Hire a hitting coach. (see above)
5. Put as much emphasis on FOCUS as you do FUN!
(Maybe even teach 'em to act like adults when the camera is on in the dugout!)
Conclusions:
As bad it was tonight was, without changes it will be more of the same.
Opposing coaches have you FIGURED OUT Monte, might better call Jack!

Jun 4, 2018, 7:34 AM

You are spot on. I saw no situational hitting out of this squad at all. Vanderbilt couldn’t throw a strike, no Tiger would make them prove it. They were struggling, yet every man was swinging for the fences. Small ball wins games. You can’t win every game going for the Homerun every at bat. No hit and runs, no suicide squeeze. Typical under achievement syndrome by a much more talented squad. In other words, Vandy wasn’t the better team. We got out coached. The pitchers gave us nothing to hit out of the park. Left the guys chasing balls out of the strike zone. Here’s a great stat: the number of balls were equal to he number of strikes for most of their pitchers. We were chasing their bad pitches. Over aggressiveness at the plate.
Still a great season. But, should have ended with no less than a deep run in the CWS with that record. Smarter coaching exploited over aggressive swinging. I know this post may get me labeled a coot. Couldn’t be further from the truth. My blood runneth orange. I am a realist. Not a cheer leader. I know Lee promised these sluggers no small ball. That’s unfortunate. This is what no small ball look like late in the year. Going home early.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2018, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers homered by Commodores in record-tying loss ]

Agree with almost everything you wrote! For the games I watched or attended, it seems we were out-coached in almost all of them. I really like Monte Lee and want him to succeed, but when you see the guys swinging for the HR on every pitch; striking at obvious balls (some of them practically on the ground); foolish and often base-running mistakes - it gets old fast! I like that they try to stay loose - but, making faces at the camera (especially behind the coach during an interview) is a bit too much. Regardless and always - Go Tigers!

Jun 4, 2018, 12:55 PM

Monte ball worked for many games. In the end it was a bust. Gotta learn from mistakes or try somewhere else. Small ball has its role if nothing but starting a scoring spree. Tigers are better than our finish, but have yet to show that in the last 3 yrs. Yesterday was just pathetic. Sorry to the players who tried so hard valiantly.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic