Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Ben Batson chases dream instead of offers, winds up a Tiger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: Ben Batson chases dream instead of offers, winds up a Tiger

Feb 22, 2018, 2:13 PM

Ben Batson chases dream instead of offers, winds up a Tiger

Ben Batson has grown up around the Clemson program, and he’s watched all of his heroes don the orange and white and play the game he loves. Now he gets to join their ranks as he chases his dream. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Ben Batson chases dream instead of offers, winds up a Tiger

Feb 22, 2018, 2:22 PM

Excited to have the young man on campus this fall. But the quote about receiving more offers if his dad wasn't a coach is just absolutely ridiculous. Sometimes kids just need to be told the truth about not being good enough to get scholarship offers

Feb 22, 2018, 3:01 PM

Did you even read the article? Or, did you skip the part about Hunter Renfrow?

He was the starting QB at Daniel, and Dorman. The kid can play.

We know Clemson is careful who they offer, safe to say other schools are too

Did he get an offer?

Feb 22, 2018, 3:09 PM

I don't think he got an offer

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Did he get an offer?

Feb 22, 2018, 3:31 PM

Preferred walk-on.

thats not an offer***

Feb 22, 2018, 6:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

He likes himself a lot

Feb 22, 2018, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Ben Batson chases dream instead of offers, winds up a Tiger ]

Hes not a bad QB, watched him play at Daniel while he was there. Hard for me to see him playing QB, much less starting at any D1 school. Good luck to the kid tho!

Re: He likes himself a lot

Feb 22, 2018, 4:16 PM

You'd rather have a guy that thinks he's not good enough? I like his confidence. Renfrow?

Re: He likes himself a lot

Feb 22, 2018, 4:22 PM [ in reply to He likes himself a lot ]

He definitely wanted an offer, but no other FBS schools showed interest. That was probably behind the transfer to Dorman. He seemed to especially like Georgia Tech.

Feb 22, 2018, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Ben Batson chases dream instead of offers, winds up a Tiger ]

The truth is, the reason I TD-ed your post bc, you could have made a 1000 post and not ever had to be insulting to a kid we have walking on, truth or not, you didn't have to go there!!! Now go on back over to FGF and make negative post about their recruits bc, I'm betting they have some that won't ever be the person or player that Ben Batson will be at Clemson!!! And I will TD every post you post on here, deserving or not!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 2:54 PM

Cool interview. He's quite the talker.??
I enjoyed the article.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was his sat score?***

Feb 22, 2018, 3:07 PM

Point^^^***

Feb 22, 2018, 9:52 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t like his comment about receiving more offers...***

Feb 22, 2018, 3:24 PM

What’s wrong with that? I’m sure he is right.***

Feb 22, 2018, 7:50 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Why did he transfer to Dorman?***

Feb 22, 2018, 5:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why did he transfer to Dorman?***

Feb 22, 2018, 7:21 PM

Better football

I'll say it

Feb 22, 2018, 9:51 PM

This is getting ridiculous. I realize none of these kids are taking up scholarships. But we'll have 2 of Swinney's kids, 1 from Venables and 1 from Batson dressing out next year. The only reason they're on the team is that their dad's are coaches. Maybe Jake Venable sees real playing time. Maybe.

With the natty in 2017, I couldn't care less.

However, how much of a distraction will this be for the coaches? And can we really be doing this? It's obviously nepotism of the highest order. I don't have a vote. But, ####, I can spot some shady stuff from a mile away. This is shady.

Again, I don't care... but I kinda feel like I should.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL it isn't nepotism.

Feb 22, 2018, 9:58 PM

These kids, with the exception of Venables, aren't getting athletic scholarships to play football. They are walking on, and chances are good that most will never play unless it is a huge blowout. Venables is a legitimate recruit.

Why is it a big deal for coaches' kids to walk on and help out in practice?

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

What the flux are you talking about?

Feb 22, 2018, 10:01 PM [ in reply to I'll say it ]

We’re NOT ONLY building player and position depth within our football program for the next 3 or 4 years with our recruiting philosophy but our “legacy culture” is also ensuring a deep pool of coaching prospects for decades at the same time.

Dabo KNOWS exactly what he’s doing!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will Swinney played a good bit (holder)

Feb 23, 2018, 8:47 AM [ in reply to I'll say it ]

All of these guys seem like good enough players to contribute, if not during games then in practice and other off the field activities. Jake Venables will probably play significant minutes before he's done. I wouldn't be surprised to see Batson on the field before he's done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2018, 8:40 AM

If anyone has ever coached their kid (I coached mine in baseball), you know that you are harder on your kid than any other. These coaches kids that walk-on aren’t getting special treatment, they’ll have to grind harder than the others. Good luck to all of them!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks kinda scrawny to me

Feb 23, 2018, 2:23 PM

Fire Batson! ;)

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic