Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Chad Morris on Clemson's title: "I wish I could have been standing on that sideline"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Chad Morris on Clemson's title: "I wish I could have been standing on that sideline"

Feb 15, 2018, 2:14 PM

Chad Morris on Clemson's title: "I wish I could have been standing on that sideline"

Chad Morris watched the 2016 National Championship Game, saw quarterback Deshaun Watson lead Clemson down the field and into history with a title-winning drive. For a moment, Morris wished he was on the sidelines to celebrate with his former players and the coaches he loves. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my new favorite SEC Team. Good luck to CCM at Arkansas.

Feb 15, 2018, 2:21 PM

Woo Pig! (did i get it right?)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

This ain't happiness camp...

Feb 15, 2018, 2:31 PM

theChad

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Front-Page-Story-Morris-uses-first-of-two-a-days-to-push-his-offense-even-more-1252793

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Chad Morris on Clemson's title: "I wish I could have been standing on that sideline"

Feb 15, 2018, 2:44 PM

Doubt we would have won a natty with him calling plays. Too pass happy and called trick plays at the most bizarre times like the opening drive against Scar in 2013.

agreed. Too much pride as well when it comes to adjusting. I

Feb 15, 2018, 2:50 PM

do think we owe him as part of that group that got us to the top. His recruiting and wide-open offense really helped WRU and get DW4, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: agreed. Too much pride as well when it comes to adjusting. I

Feb 15, 2018, 3:59 PM

We owe Chad nothing, he was paid the very top OC money only a few years out of HS.

Maybe, but that's not a very nice thing to say

Feb 15, 2018, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Chad Morris on Clemson's title: "I wish I could have been standing on that sideline" ]

About a guy who recruited most of the players making the plays that Tony called.

There was nothing unkind about the way Hop said that.

Feb 15, 2018, 5:32 PM

I may have a bit more respect for Chad than does Hop but I'd agree that some of his play calls were at least strange.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Overall he was still a very good OC. It's not like we could

Feb 15, 2018, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Chad Morris on Clemson's title: "I wish I could have been standing on that sideline" ]

run the ball in the title game anyway. I think he would've done fine.

Re: New Story: Chad Morris on Clemson's title: "I wish I could have been standing on that sideline"

Feb 15, 2018, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Chad Morris on Clemson's title: "I wish I could have been standing on that sideline" ]

I will give him credit for helping start a recruiting process that others have improved upon ten fold.

I'll remember him as a guy that wanted Cole Stoudt to run the same offense he installed for DW4

Cost us a winnable game against Georgia Tech, IMO

Feb 15, 2018, 2:54 PM

After graduating from Clemson in '13, I took a job in a plywood mill as an engineer and ended up in rural Arkansas. I got to become really close friends with a bunch of CRAZY Hog fans.Those friends of mine took me tailgating to the games in War Memorial stadium in Little Rock each year and I had an absolute blast. Tailgating on a golf course adds a nice touch. But through those tailgating experiences, I always felt like we were kindred spirits. I always felt like the hog fans were similar to Clemson fans in their passion and love of their team....they know how to tailgate too!

For those reasons, I was really pleased to hear when Arkansas hired Morris. Their fans have dealt with so much mediocrity (at best) in the past decade or so (teams were solid with Petrino, but we know how that ended)....sadly, the fans were okay with Bielema's game plans....run the ball. Run the ball. Run the ball. Quarterback with last name Allen. They were always so delusional about how good their teams were. I always loved listening to their sports radio station to hear the crazy people that honestly believed they were on the cusp of greatness....much like our Coots friends down in Columbia.

Anyways, I don't know where I was going with all that other than I'm happy my SEC team made a good hire, further strengthening that feeling of kindred spirits that I had when I moved out there. I'm happily back in SC now, and can't wait for football to come back around. Looking forward to the 2018 season for my Tigers and my Hogs.

Go Tigers and WPS

Feb 15, 2018, 3:53 PM

Everything he said I was OK with up until he said, (talking about the talent in Arkansas) there's not but a handful that can come out and "play SEC FB". I would have thought that after The Chad has coached in the ACC, he would have said there's only a handful of kids in Arkansas that can play power 5 conference FB, and not use SEC FB. I guess that being original and coming up with his own catch·phrases isn't in his own personal forte bc, I have seen where he has used some of Dabo's catch·phrases prior to this interview. I wish those SEC people could tell us the difference in SEC players and ACC players or the other power 5 conference team players that play great FB. What is the difference in the players we brought in compared to the players that SEC schools brought in, especially with us bringing in the top players from 6 states. Would they have been better if they would have went to the SEC over playing at Clemson in the ACC, H&LL NO!!! They will go out of their way with lying to kids that the SEC is where the best players play, they are liars that are full of pure rat shiot!!!

There is one major difference between Clemson 2011 and AK now

Feb 15, 2018, 3:53 PM

Dabo aint there.

Also while I hope the best for Chad, his humble-bragging about his influence on Clemson is a little lame.

Also I really doubt that program overall is comparable.

i hope chad has a great run and is a dirt pekker nemesis.

Feb 15, 2018, 4:17 PM

we are both better off. but the notion of not having a play that the qb takes a snap under center is preposterous.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Feb 15, 2018, 4:47 PM

I wish Chad well. Pretty good OC. Great offensive mind.
Can he run a program?
Can he be the face of Arkansas?
Can he be a CEO like Dabo?

Time will tell.

Dabo has impressed me with his hires. Each time he loses a coach he hires a better replacement.

Feb 15, 2018, 4:48 PM

quitters don't get to be a part of national titles.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We got nearly as many miles out of Chad as he did Clemson.

Feb 15, 2018, 5:20 PM

Our OC team was coached up and he was a critical part of getting DW aboard. Matters not, I'm not sure we would have won a NC had he not taken the SMU job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad Morris

Feb 15, 2018, 6:43 PM

Class act, and was a huge part of clemson's success.

To the Chad with love

Feb 15, 2018, 8:43 PM

Ok he definitely changed the program in many many ways. He was a trip to watch coked out on red bull. He found a way to install a really viable (though over emphasis on) pass game. Brought the ACC title back home. But in the long run I think he's kinda like the girl you really like before you find the one you love in a sense. He put the program on the right path but he'd never wear a ring.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To the Chad with love

Feb 16, 2018, 1:44 AM

The thing is, Dabo chose Chad bc The Chad knew a little something about the type of offense that he wanted to run at Clemson. Like Dabo said right after he brought The Chad to Clemson when some were saying the Chad was running the Gus Malzahn offense, and Dabo's response to that talk was, we were running the Clemson offense. At that time, it was the hurry up no huddle fast paste offense. When The Chad left, Dabo appointed the two Clemson men that he wanted to run a scaled back the Chad offense that we have run since the Chad left. We run an offense that works on about the same principle, but it is different, and it works without taking the legs out from under our defense. In other words, Dabo had his hand picked OC's to work with the Malzahn basic scheme and incorporated what is now the Clemson offense that was designed with Dabo's, Elliott's and Jeff's touches to it, just like the designed play Jeff called that got us the winning TD in the NCG. We do now run a Clemson offense. In other words, the field is plowed the same way as before, but the seeds (plays) are planted (designed) a different way to get the results (scheme) the way that Dabo wanted it to be....

Goodluck Chad! I’m pulling for you & Arkansas!***

Feb 16, 2018, 9:08 AM

Feb 16, 2018, 11:53 AM

Glad to know that Morris still has his ego. Looks like he's the author of all our success. I mean, hey, it did ALL start with his talents and abilities--right? Not on your life Chadster.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic