Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson signee named National Player of Year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson signee named National Player of Year

Jan 5, 2018, 10:49 PM

Clemson signee named National Player of Year

Clemson five-star quarterback signee Trevor Lawrence was named the U.S. Army national Player of the Year Friday night. Lawrence was given the award while in San Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson signee named National Player of Year

Jan 5, 2018, 10:52 PM

If he lives up to the hype surrounding him, he will be a game changer

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 6, 2018, 12:01 AM

If he lives up to the hype, he's our first Heisman winner.

Jan 6, 2018, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson signee named National Player of Year ]

This kid is a beast and if he lives up to the hype I hope he gets a fair shot at taking over for KB bc when bama forced KB to throw to beat them he showed he just can't throw downfield like we need and trust me I love KB and think he is a great kid and did great job for us but he just can't pass downfield like a great QB can!

Jan 6, 2018, 8:37 AM

If he beats out KB then I hope that the line blocks better for him. I don't think that DW, Michael Vick, Steve Young, or any other mobile quarterback could have done much under the circumstances. KB could have made some better decisions, but it's tough to throw the ball downfield with the time he was given.

Jan 6, 2018, 12:20 PM

That is very true the Line play was horrible vs Bama but it's not even just the bama game I wasn't impressed all year with his downfield throwing he had a few games where he had good passing games but overall I wasn't impressed with KB throwing ability, but like I said I love KB he's a heck of a player and good kid all around he is a true tiger but I want the best player we have under center.

Love Kelly, he did an honorable job, but

Jan 6, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson signee named National Player of Year ]

I'm thinking a couple of those on that list would have switched up the protection at the line of scrimmage and/or audibled to another play. They also would have been fully confident in their throws/where they were going with the ball well before even having a hesitant feeling.

Jan 6, 2018, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson signee named National Player of Year ]

You hit the nail on the head.

Jan 6, 2018, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson signee named National Player of Year ]

I like Kelly B. From everything I've seen he seems like a pretty outstanding young man. He was a lot of fun to watch this year (except Bama - and he had a lot of help stinking the O up that game). As good of a football player as Bryant is, I bet he would make an outstanding receiver, and it would probably help his NFL chances if he transitioned to receiver.

Trevor Lawrence is the best QB I've ever seen at the high school level. Clemson has some pretty good options at QB for next year, but I don't see anyone beating Lawrence out if he comes in with the attitude that he has to earn it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Derion Kendrick also a finalist, yet wasn’t even nominated..

Jan 6, 2018, 1:22 AM

for S.C. MR football

Re: Derion Kendrick also a finalist, yet wasn’t even nominated..

Jan 6, 2018, 7:37 AM

No way, there MUST be some collusion going on. It's obvious to ESPN that Justin Fields is the #1 player. Don't believe me? Ask Luginbill.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic