Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson's Dabo Swinney a big fan of the early signing period
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson's Dabo Swinney a big fan of the early signing period

Dec 23, 2017, 1:27 PM

Clemson's Dabo Swinney a big fan of the early signing period

High school football players in the Class of 2018 were able to sign their National Letter of Intent months earlier than in the past. Instead of waiting until the 'traditional' National Signing Day - the first Wednesday in February – players had a three-day window from Dec. 20 to 22 to lock in their spots in the recruiting class. Dabo Siwnney is a big fan. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson's Dabo Swinney a big fan of the early signing period

Dec 23, 2017, 1:40 PM

Dabo loves it and Urbane Myer hates it. Just one more huge difference between the two....

Saban hates it too.

Dec 23, 2017, 3:40 PM

Their problems with early signing has many facets. They are lazy and want all the time they can get to do their work. They also want to maintain open rosters so they can trade up if someone better than those committed to their programs decides to choose their team. They want to see how things pan out with kids going pro so they can know with certainty how many scholarships they have.

The early signing date is an advantage to coaching staffs that plan years ahead and do legwork early and often. It's also wonderful for the high school players to have the security of a LOI contract instead of a verbal commitment with a coach who would trade his mother to a French #### house for a football player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson's Dabo Swinney a big fan of the early signing period

Dec 23, 2017, 5:41 PM

I think when Clemson makes an offer they tell the recruit how many they will take at that position, when the position is full it is full, I imagine that the staff then notifies other recruits at that position that the offer is no longer. That is why we see 3 stars commit within a couple of days.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic