Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Rumor and intrigue surrounding Venables? That isn't the way he operates
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Rumor and intrigue surrounding Venables? That isn't the way he operates

Nov 28, 2017, 5:04 PM

Rumor and intrigue surrounding Venables? That isn't the way he operates

If you’re looking for rumor, intrigue, innuendo and a “the sky is falling mentality” you’ve come to the wrong place, especially when it comes to defensive coordinator Brent Venables.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you

Nov 28, 2017, 5:22 PM

I agree. I don't think he's going anywhere for the reasons you mentioned.

Good article, David.

Nov 28, 2017, 10:25 PM

Thanks for the information. I think Venebles will stay, but whatever he does, I wish him well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, who's already tapped as the next guy? Is it Hobby? Say it's Hobby.***

Nov 28, 2017, 5:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: New Story: Rumor and intrigue surrounding Venables? That isn't the way he operates

Nov 28, 2017, 6:12 PM

My kind of man, do your job, let others do the rumors. Coach Venables has done a superb job and if he wants to be a head coach, then more power to him. Leave him to make his own decision. I hope he retires at Clemson, but no one should fault him if he were to go somewhere else. Coach stay true to your self.

Re: New Story: Rumor and intrigue surrounding Venables? That isn't the way he operates

Nov 29, 2017, 12:18 PM

Why would he leave, and risk unknown terrain of being a HC? I mean how many millions can he spend?

The most important factor in whether BV leaves or not

Nov 28, 2017, 6:13 PM

Family. I think any decision Brent makes would be about what is best for his family. My guess is that if he were to ever take another job it would be after his kids graduate from Clemson. Having his family together until they finish school is something that he is uniquely able to enjoy with his position and somehow I think he would want to do that. I think that second to family he is very happy where he is and I take him at his word on that. He sounds like a guy who thinks the grass is greener where he is and that’s something we don’t seem to understand in our “grass is greener on the other side” culture. I just don’t get the vibe that he’s looking for another job but whatever happens, as Dabo says, God has a plan.

brent needs to have another kid***

Nov 28, 2017, 6:14 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: brent needs to have another kid***

Nov 28, 2017, 6:53 PM

Somebody feed that man some oysters!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2017, 10:13 PM

we were joking the other day ---- give the wife a FREE spa treatment and slip in some fertitlty reps .

keep the kids coming and playing at Clemson.

null

Nov 29, 2017, 11:11 AM [ in reply to brent needs to have another kid*** ]

he already said over the summer he wants to retire here at 55. Problem is no one seems to remember this.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2017, 11:38 AM

If he wants to retire here at 55, that would give him another 9 years. Sounds good to me. :)

Re: The most important factor in whether BV leaves or not

Nov 29, 2017, 12:21 PM [ in reply to The most important factor in whether BV leaves or not ]

Bud Foster seems to have fared pretty well at Va. Tech doing he loves, and I doubt he's hurting for money.

Nov 28, 2017, 6:24 PM

I can relate with coach V, I coached one year as head coach, I hated it. Then four years as DC . I loved everything about my role. I feel that coach V is without a doubt, happy doing what he does and there’s nothing wrong with being the best at what you love.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2017, 11:40 AM

That's what Clint Eastwood says. Makes no difference what you do. Just be the best at it. :)

Nov 28, 2017, 6:25 PM

Coach V is truly happy here. How do I know because he said so today. He is a very very
honest person. If he says he is happy and is not focused on anything but his guys
and playing The U then that is it. It is not sexy and it does promote "clicks" but
in a Brent Venables way he told you he is not going any where any time soon. So
relax enjoy this fantastic ride that we have been on and what happens, happens!!
Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think what people really don't get is that...

Nov 28, 2017, 8:29 PM

...both BV and Dabo are just really good people. And this is true whether Dabo leaves for Bama next year or BV leaves this year. College athletics, not just Clemson or college football, is better for having these two as coaches. And we have them both!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only 1 question. Does BV have an agent? Likely yes.

Nov 28, 2017, 8:31 PM

I am one of BV's biggest fans and absolutely believe he is not considering other teams, that he is completely focused on Miami, and that he loves the town of Clemson and his players. But if he has an agent, his agent is speaking to all interested schools. That's the way the business works. It protects the coach and allows the coach to consider other potential jobs without lying and impacting his status with the existing fan base. And there is nothing wrong with capitalism.

BV had an agent when he left Norman, OK. He likely still has the same agent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2017, 9:45 PM

You had me at...."Brent Venables is happy"....

Nice perspective. Hope BV continues the Clemson D Tradition***

Nov 28, 2017, 9:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice perspective. Hope BV continues the Clemson D Tradition***

Nov 28, 2017, 11:29 PM

Agreed - nice story and let's just learn to ignore unfounded rumors which show up over and over and over with no basis - "Clemson is leaving the ACC - I know this for sure" "Dobo is going to Alabama" see above, I even saw today where someone "heard" that Dabo was going to Cleveland - seriously? Yes I actually saw that! Recruit blah blah blah (you fill in any name you want - rumors happen every year) is going somewhere else - they rarely do.
You know it just may be that BV really does love what he does and where he lives and makes all the money he needs or wants and isn't interested in trading his happiness in for more money and no time to spend it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice perspective. Hope BV continues the Clemson D Tradition***

Nov 29, 2017, 12:25 PM

It's not as though BV is in the bread line. I think I could squeak by on 1.7 mil a year.

Nov 28, 2017, 9:56 PM

Article from a year ago still applicable.

Nov 29, 2017, 7:37 AM

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/brent-venables-legend-jimmy-greenbeans/story?id=44346371

Nov 29, 2017, 10:16 AM

His salary is higher than 40% of all Division One coaches! Not bad huh?
Give B.V. a raise! There's no doubt he'll receive one.

Glad David Steele-Hood feels this way

Nov 29, 2017, 11:10 AM

But won't feel comfortable until I hear it from Nikki.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic