Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Faster zero to sixty
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,645

Faster zero to sixty

Sep 26, 2017, 10:14 AM

Saquon Barkley or Travis Etienne?

I heard the guys on Mike and Mike talking about what separates Barkley from almost every running back they could make a comparison to (Pro RBs that were great in college) is Barkley's ability to reach top speed instantly first and then his size (5? 11?/229) and his 50 yards receiving per game. They struggled to make a transparent comparison to anyone.

Hearing them mention Barkley's ability to go from a stop to top speed; I can't imagine him being any quicker than Travis. Yes, he does have a similar characteristic with acceleration but I can't recall a back looking as fast as Etienne from a stop to start. Even though Barkley is listed as running a 4.33 forty. Again, Travis looks quicker, too me.

Their main comparison to Shaquon was Reggie Bush, but Bush did not present the size of Barkley. Travis is 1 inch shorter and 19 - 28 lbs lighter (201 lbs is the heaviest weight I could find listed on the net but thought I heard an announcer say 210 on the air recently) than Barkley at the moment. However, he is a true freshman with plenty of room to grow. I could see him being the same size as Shaquon in two years, while keeping his speed and agility.

Not sure about Travis' hands, as we have not had an opportunity to see him featured in this aspect of the game yet, but seems like with our coaches at WRU he stands an excellent chance to leave with outstanding hands for a running back as well.

I think we very well ended up with the best back in last year's class.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barkley is going against Big 10 speed

Sep 26, 2017, 10:39 AM

Not saying he isn't the best back or even best player in the country. I really enjoy watching him and think he is elite. But there has to be something said about going against historically slow defenses. Is there a single Iowa defender that would start at Clemson?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Barkley is going against Big 10 speed

Sep 26, 2017, 10:45 AM

I agree and that just adds to what I am feeling; Etienne looks quicker. Still, Barkley's forty time is listed as 4.33, so it seems Barkley gains a bit later on, as it has appeared to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,645
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic