Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A message from the kneelers....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

A message from the kneelers....

Sep 24, 2017, 9:37 PM

We tried it your way. We tried keeping our mouths shut and playing the game, putting our hands over our hearts for the national anthem--a song which is crassly trivialized when it gets sung by low-rent wailers who think acapella is Italian for "out of tune." Then we realized what the word "protest" means. Ironically, many of the folks who are so offended by our actions are in this country because they are Protestants. They come from religious traditions that in Europe were persecuted because they stood for individual liberty and for a refusal to put one's spiritual and community needs in second place to kings who ruled by divine right and who demanded that men swear allegiance to a flag over an idea.

Those protestants would go on to form the core of the resistance to King George. They did more than kneel to protest social injustice. They burned cargo ships over it. They hanged Tories. They wrote a seditious document in which they declared that all men were created equal.

Those of us who kneel now do so because we support the notion that in this day, all men are still not equal under the law. The color of your skin, the color of your money both create inequities that we've mostly kept our mouths shut about for many years. Finally, though, we've reached our boiling point. We've seen young unarmed men gunned down by law enforcement, with absolutely no accountability for what has often amounted to legal lynching. You don't have to be black to be unjustly executed by the police. You can have the bad fortune of being deaf, or of suffering PTSD as a result of service in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I don't personally have the courage to kneel in protest, with 50,000 fans sitting in a stadium, angry about it. I do seem to recall one fellow in the Bible, though, who got tired of dealing with people who claimed to be righteous Jews, but who in many instances turned out to be fatuous hypocrites. I believe he said something about a viper's brood, and then proceeded to wreck the money changers and the sellers of sacrificial animals outside the Temple. His name is right on the tip of my tongue. Rabbi Joshua ben Joseph--Jeshua in the slang of the time, Jesus in the Greek. I'd like to say that it would be a fine thing to have that courage, but of course, the people who have it often find themselves having to deal with the hypocrites who don't, and sometimes the hypocrites come with pitchforks and torches, or nails and crosses.

So I kneel in my own way, by putting one of my talents to what I hope is good use: writing with a sharp pen, or at least a clackety keyboard.

Jesus says I'm supposed to love you, so I really do try. If only you had enough love for your brothers to return the favor, you might just come to think that maybe the kneelers have a point, even if you personally don't agree with it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A message from the kneelers....

Sep 24, 2017, 9:46 PM

Quite literally a Christ complex. Self-righteous much?

Comparing Colin Kapercrap to The Sons of Liberty Would

Sep 24, 2017, 9:46 PM

Get You an "F" in English Class Good Sir.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD***

Sep 24, 2017, 9:47 PM

well done sir.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure if serious....***

Sep 24, 2017, 9:52 PM

Can always count on Tigerbalm for some good sarcasm.***

Sep 24, 2017, 10:37 PM [ in reply to POTD*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Can always count on Tigerbalm for some good sarcasm.***

Sep 24, 2017, 11:15 PM

I was being serious

but now you're not***

Sep 25, 2017, 4:38 PM

kneelers are snowflakes that are pouting because

Sep 24, 2017, 9:56 PM

an election didn't go their way. They just won't admit it.

Statues that have been up for decades suddenly became "unbearable" right about November 2016.

I say turn off the TV and let them kneel in the unemployment line.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clueless much?

Sep 24, 2017, 10:26 PM

Kaepernick started kneeling before election last year as his own silent protest.

The only snowflakes I see are on this board whining non stop about a bunch of NFL players with different life experiences than their own.

Find a safe place and turn off tv if you'd like. Try to understand their point of view if you're really feeling crazy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ironic, the real snowflakes here are those that are...

Sep 24, 2017, 11:36 PM [ in reply to kneelers are snowflakes that are pouting because ]

upset because their biases are being called out, and they obscure that fact with some vague notion of respecting the troops (a totally separate issue from this weekends forms of action).

I've talked to several friends who are current military or retired that are not disrespected at all. Peaceful, non-intrusive protest is now a problem in this county for some people? Really???

Re: Ironic, the real snowflakes here are those that are...

Sep 24, 2017, 11:43 PM

Isn't a snowflake people who get paid millions to play a game acting like they are oppressed in this country.

You're not fooling anyone...

Sep 25, 2017, 6:15 PM

by making up lies about their reasoning. They are protesting to raise awareness, and for the most part, this past weekend, the divisive words by that bloated hack's words at a Rally in Alabama last week.

"all men are still not equal under the law"

Sep 24, 2017, 10:03 PM

You're right. Hillary should be in jail.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 24, 2017, 10:07 PM

Saw this on someone else's comments and had to share. Unfortunately these clowns are getting quite a bit of attention, and maybe it is for the best.

Let us educate you, for those that protest the American Flag and Anthem.

TAKE A KNEE.
Take a little trip to Valley Forge in January. If you don't know where that is, just Google it from the sidelines. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle, so just wait your turn. Take your cleats and socks off to get a real experience. Then take a knee.
Then, take one at the beach in Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces...the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire.
Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. from Khe San to Saigon... Anywhere will do. REAL Americans died in all those jungles. There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented. When they came home, they were protested as well..and spit on for reasons only cowards know.
Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat.. Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress... Your number won't be printed on it unless your number is up! You'll need to stay hydrated but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You're on your own.
There's a lot of places to take a knee. Real Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty.
While you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken....but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.
No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women...delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us...blazing a path so you would have the right to "take a knee."
You haven't an inkling what it took to get you where you are; but your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is issued to another...
If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all....because He is the one who provides those things.
And there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave. It goes like this...
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 10:13 PM

I put my knee down in one of those places that were mentioned. It will not be on the ground when honoring our flag!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: A message from the kneelers.... ]

I'd give you 100 TUs if I could!

Message was edited by: fairwoodtiger 67®

FAIRWOODTIGER 67

Sep 24, 2017, 10:09 PM

Well said, Sir.

Sep 24, 2017, 10:17 PM

Good read.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 10:22 PM

Sins have been committed in the past... Agree.....

No one in this country should feel slighted... If they do, they are not accountable.. period.

Well said....***

Sep 24, 2017, 10:24 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 10:24 PM

While your statement is well written I feel that it's based on a false premise.

Message to the Kneelers and Non-kneelers

Sep 24, 2017, 10:42 PM

This is a football msg board. It's a place to get away from all the political BS that we are inundated with pretty much 24/7. If you want to discuss politics and other world issues,please take it to the appropriate forum.

Anyone care to discuss the VT game??

I think the kneelers/BLM are confused as to who or what they

Sep 24, 2017, 10:29 PM

are protesting

Re: I think the kneelers/BLM are confused as to who or what they

Sep 24, 2017, 11:25 PM

I am pretty sure every one of them knew they were protesting trumps SOB comments.

must be the cut off your nose to spite your face play

Sep 25, 2017, 6:56 AM

genius

Re: must be the cut off your nose to spite your face play

Sep 25, 2017, 6:30 PM

seems like they have the support of the league. Sucks you cant watch the NFL any more.

Pure drivel!!

Sep 24, 2017, 10:31 PM

But please..keep kneeling. I'm sure it will further your nebulous cause.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Sep 24, 2017, 10:37 PM

Actually a well written post. This is not about kapernick. Colin's game really deteriorated before he started this. This is why he was not signed. Watch the film. We need to be one country under God and indevisble period

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually a well written post. This is not about kapernick. Colin's game really deteriorated before he started this. This is why he was not signed. Watch the film. We need to be one country under God and indevisble period

Sep 24, 2017, 10:49 PM

The non-kneelers should have protested the last years under Obama. He is the one and only one that started this race thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dear Kneelers...

Sep 24, 2017, 10:48 PM

You are freaking football players and are being paid to play football. We, the majority of fans, don't give a rat's patootie about your political thoughts and opinions on social issues. We just want to enjoy a football game and don't need your protests and political virtue signaling interfering with the sports entertainment you are being paid to provide. If you would rather be a social justice warrior, then quit football and go join your local BLM chapter and protest away.

Signed - the MAJORITY of Sports fans in the USA....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First, thank you for your service

Sep 16, 2021, 10:35 AM

if you did indeed serve per the picture.

However, this is exactly what the protest are designed to do, raise awareness. They have a platform, and are using it in a way they see fit (which is both covered by Freedom of Speech and within the law as they are doing it peacefully).

And, it's much bigger issue that shouldn't be generalized by saying join BLM. B/c these issues don't impact you, directly, it doesn't mean they don't exist. For example what you saw today, the increased action by players, teams, coaches and owners can 100% be attributed to the divisive, hot tempered words from Trump.

Re: First, thank you for your service

Sep 25, 2017, 9:19 AM

Plumbers are paid to unclog drains - not to deliver political discourse or raise my awareness of social justice issues. Likewise football players are paid to play football and while at work (games, practice, etc...) should stick to what they are paid to do. If they want to raise Social issue awareness then do it on their own time not on the field or in the work place. It's not like they don't have the financial resources to have their voice heard outside of the work place.

There is a time and place for political discourse, political debate, and Social Justice protests. Regardless of whether you sympathize with the issue being raised by kneeling players, sporting events should be a non-political, non-protest event. People attending games pay their money to see a sporting event - not to be socially "informed", watch a protest or participate in a political rally. Most folks attend and tune into sporting events to get away from all that crap...to have just a few hours in our day where we can all come together and enjoy an event without all the divisive baggage that comes the moment politics or social justice demands are injected. These football players are being paid a lot of money to do one thing - play football and that is what they should stick to.

PS... Yes I served - 27 years in the Active Army.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dear Kneelers...

Sep 24, 2017, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Dear Kneelers... ]

oddly, NFL players on average are better educated than the american people as a whole.

Re: Dear Kneelers...

Sep 25, 2017, 9:21 AM

> oddly, NFL players on average are better educated
> than the american people as a whole.

Meh...some are some aren't. Education also doesn't equate to "smarts" - plenty of educated idiots out there in the world...

Dear wannabe kneeler...

Sep 24, 2017, 11:24 PM

...you do realize it is young ARMED black men that are doing the vast majority of killing black men...right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This stat brought to you by Stormfront!***

Sep 26, 2017, 8:51 AM

Kneelers do have a point. But the REAL issue...

Sep 24, 2017, 11:35 PM

is that when white people try to talk about race in a context that doesn't condemn cops, white people, conservative politics, etc., they get called racist or told "they don't understand because they're not black and come from white privilege".

Kneelers, black lives matter, liberals, etc., don't want to discuss the issue. They want to put it our there and just have everyone agree with it. And to #### with anyone who doesn't agree.

This negative rhetoric that is spewed towards these players and black movements comes from a place of resentment in my case anyway. I have black friends, employ black people, and harbor no bad feelings at all. But I am sick of hearing the generalized "white privilege" as if I didn't have to work to get where I am. As if I had everything handed to me. And because I share conservative views I am automatically racist as Jemele Hill put it.

Race issues are as much the fault of blacks as it is whites, but nobody wants to talk about it.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:41 PM

Holy wall of text. Didn't read.

Wow. Was that ridiculous.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:56 PM

Started with ridiculous comparison to Protestants, then said "Did we say Protestants, because we're more like Jesus." And in between made the common absurd claim that cops have declared open season on the black community while simultaneously stating that it's a problem for war vets and deaf people too (this is a new angle, by the way...I guess we decided it was time to get more people in the tent?) when we all know that TODAY'S show of protest was because they hate Trump.

A joke. A complete joke. Which is fine, but I'd hate for people who write garbage like this to think that everyone is fooled by it.

null

Shoot, and I apologize...thought this was posted on

Sep 24, 2017, 11:57 PM

the politics board. Don't usually contribute to these when they are on the wrong board.

null

One HUGE difference . . . The Protestants, as you describe,

Sep 25, 2017, 12:05 AM

directed their protest at the oppressor. The Kneelers do not. Not only do they fail to direct it at the oppressor, they direct it at the very symbols that represent the ideals that protect them from real oppression.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

So you want them to be more confrontational?***

Sep 25, 2017, 8:31 AM

Say whut?***

Sep 25, 2017, 11:08 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Just wondering how they should protest, if they're to be

Sep 25, 2017, 11:11 AM

protesting the actual oppressor. Please advise.

Social media, press conferences, marches, etc.

Sep 25, 2017, 12:12 PM

that call out bad cops or the president or whatever. The right to protest is an important part of our free society; but there are a lot of of ways to protest that don't involve being disrespectful to the symbols that represent the very values that protect us from bad cops and guarantee our right to protest in the first place. Those rights, values, and protections apply to all of us, and the playing of the National Anthem is a time when we should all come together as AMERICANS, put aside any other differences, and acknowledge that with due respect. Whether or not one stands for the anthem has to do with whether or not one respects and honors those values and ideals. Stand for the anthem, honor and respect freedom, then go protest somewhere else all you want.

- H. L. Mencken

I think you're presenting a false dichotomy here. I

Sep 25, 2017, 1:49 PM

understand where you're coming from, but I don't think that sitting during the anthem is as disrespectful as it's being made out to be.

As an aside, you must have no affiliation with the other Smiling Tiger on TI. It throws me for a loop when reading both boards how you two always have the exact opposite opinion on things.

I think you misunderstand. No false dichotomy.

Sep 25, 2017, 4:27 PM

I understand that the players who are doing it aren't necessarily doing just to be disrespectful, and may not even believe they are being disrespectful. I know they are trying to make a point that has nothing to do with respect for America itself. I get that. That does not mean they are not being disrespectful - that doesn't let them off the hook.

As far as opposite opinions, you'll have to help me out there.

- H. L. Mencken

Gotcha.

Sep 25, 2017, 4:31 PM
Untitled.png(46.2 K)

One example

Lawd - definitely not me!

Sep 25, 2017, 5:31 PM

Somebody is using my handle!

- H. L. Mencken

and the minimum salary wasn't $450k, protest CTE***

Sep 25, 2017, 9:13 AM [ in reply to One HUGE difference . . . The Protestants, as you describe, ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

LOL...so much pap in so little space.***

Sep 25, 2017, 9:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic