Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So here is RB's $0.02 worth from yesterday.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

So here is RB's $0.02 worth from yesterday.......

Sep 24, 2017, 9:04 AM

Let me start with the bad.

-KB holds the ball too long and doesn't appear to be good at reading the blitz. I'm afraid VT now has the blueprint for Saturday's game. Expect a lot of blitzes.

-Fuller still has the propensity to put the ball on the ground in big situations.

-We still have problems at RT.

-Falcinelli got burned multiple times resulting in sacks.

-Richard has got to improve his blocking.

-Student section empty in 2nd half. ###

OK, now for the good.

-Etienne. Elliott knows he needs to get him more touches (at last). We have a star.

-Feaster is our starter. It's so obvious when he's in there.

-Feed Choice in short yardage situations.

-Overton: Get him the ball moar, please.

-Spiers. Once again, he bailed us out and flipped the field when we needed it.

-Spence. Besides a missed PAT, he was good.

-Defense. Dominant. Again. AJ Terrell is money.

Go Tigers!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

spot on

Sep 24, 2017, 9:11 AM

gotta figure out how to help kb more. when we get even a little time, our wr talent outweighs anyone elses coverage by a longshot

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure i agree on Spence. Granted my expectations

Sep 24, 2017, 9:15 AM

weren't particularly high, but 4/5 on XPs with one snap hook miss, and a bunch of KOs that didn't reach the EZ and weren't especially close to the corner isn't exactly encouraging.

Again, I don't think he needs to be great for us to have a great season, but he does need to be able to make short FGs and XPs, and getting some touch backs would certainly be nice, although I'm not sure he has the leg strength to expect that.

Re: Not sure i agree on Spence. Granted my expectations

Sep 24, 2017, 9:19 AM

Given he had a short week to prepare to be the guy, I thought he did great.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: So here is RB's $0.02 worth from yesterday.......

Sep 24, 2017, 9:20 AM

Thought the WR weren't able to get any separation. Maybe it was the angle of my view, but Cain looked like he was jogging at times. BC offense looked more like us than we did for 3 quarters.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:22 AM

I think that was more the play calling from the sidelines. They finally cut it loose in the 4th quarter. Moar Overton is what's needed.

Screw Calford.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: So here is RB's $0.02 worth from yesterday....... ]

Yes Cain looks like he is getting frustrated out there and then not giving his all.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:25 AM

Exactly. They have got to stretch the field moar. Disappointed with the play calling yesterday. Far too conservative.

Screw Calford.

Sep 24, 2017, 10:29 AM

> Let me start with the bad.
>
> -KB holds the ball too long and doesn't appear to be
> good at reading the blitz. I'm afraid VT now has the
> blueprint for Saturday's game. Expect a lot of
> blitzes.
>
> -Fuller still has the propensity to put the ball on
> the ground in big situations.
>
> -We still have problems at RT.
>
> -Falcinelli got burned multiple times resulting in
> sacks.
>
> -Richard has got to improve his blocking.
>
> -Student section empty in 2nd half. ###
>
> OK, now for the good.
>
> -Etienne. Elliott knows he needs to get him more
> touches (at last). We have a star.
>
> -Feaster is our starter. It's so obvious when he's
> in there.
>
> -Feed Choice in short yardage situations.
>
> -Overton: Get him the ball moar, please.
>
> -Spiers. Once again, he bailed us out and flipped
> the field when we needed it.
>
> -Spence. Besides a missed PAT, he was good.
>
> -Defense. Dominant. Again. AJ Terrell is money.
>
> Go Tigers!!

...Against my better judgement (As opinions are just that and everyone has them), I will respond to one thing here. I do agree that turnover are deal breakers, because they can, and usually do lose games for you. We have been extremely the exception to that rule in the last year! I just want to say, that a LOT of folks are just ready to throw C.J.Fuller in the trash can. That is disappointing. Such short memories! He has also has had the propensity to show up, in big situations. Remember those wheel routes against s.c., and Ohio St.? Remember how he filled in for Gallman toward the end of the year, last season? He rarely lost yardage, and many times got key first downs, without dropping the ball. Except for the last two home games, I just don't recall him having fumbleitis, in his opportunities. His touchdown in Cola, two seasons ago, was the actual difference in the score, as we won by only 7 points that day. Without that touchdown, we may NOT make the playoff that year. I think the fan base forgets sometimes, that this kind of stuff gets back to the players, and they are people too. I also agree that we have a LOT to look forward to, in Feaster and Etienne, but Fuller and Choice have a LOT to contribute STILL! The fact that Dabo continues to speak this, is confirmation enough for me. I just wish everybody would check themselves, and remember that you do not throw players away, who are still putting on the Paw every Saturday! You might just HAVE to rely on them THIS season, and there's no sense in alienating ANY of these young men. I want them ALL to have only positive things to say about our fan base, and not be able to say that we resemble the coot boosters! nothing wrong with recognizing the issues, but I hear it on the local sport talk station around Clemson, and I gotta believe that the players hear it too. Hey! We're UNdefeated, and should be able to handle every team in our way, all the way back to the playoff! So, GO TIGERS!!!

Pretty good assessment but I'm not sure about KB and

Sep 24, 2017, 10:36 AM

blitzing. When louisville blitzed KB got the ball out quick to Renfrow and RRM and had some long plays down field. I'm not sure why blitzing worked better for BC unless it was scheme but we definitely need to shore it up, even if it means playing a different TE to help block.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 10:37 AM

terrell is awesome, he had a really good week against the cards too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic