Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Ferrell: Fan response to struggles 'comes with the territory'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 3,192

FB Update: Ferrell: Fan response to struggles 'comes with the territory'

Sep 23, 2017, 8:38 PM

Ferrell: Fan response to struggles 'comes with the territory'

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great job guys! Gritty win over a tough opponent

Sep 23, 2017, 9:09 PM

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Ferrell: Fan response to struggles 'comes with the territory'

Sep 23, 2017, 11:49 PM

> > cellspacing=0>
> href="/update/Ferrell-Fan-response-to-struggles-comes-
> with-the-territory-27939" class=newstitle>> style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Helv,
> sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold;
> color: #e96f26; text-decoration: none">Ferrell: Fan
> response to struggles 'comes with the
> territory'

> class=newsbody> > href="/update/Ferrell-Fan-response-to-struggles-comes-
> with-the-territory-27939">> class=fullstory>Read Update
> »

I can not hear what question was asked but from His response he thinks the fans were showing displeasure in the players performance I was there and the only displeasure was with officials. Some groans on third downs when they were stopped. Our fans understand that our coaching staff will call games like this "safe and no turnovers " I witnessed a lot of effort against a very well coached team with NFL quality kickers. Their punter was unreal and kicker hit the crossbar on a kickoff without the aid of a penalty Don't take any thing away from Boston College they have heart but we knew our guys were better and would prove it. I only heard boos on a bad no call when everyone thought we had a free play I never post but had to clear that up

Sep 24, 2017, 8:27 AM

TigerPtown thanks for the clarification. I watched the game from home and I also got the impression that the crowd was booing the players whenever they failed to convert a 3rd down. It seemed like the crowd didn't like the 3rd down run play calls so they groaned and moaned and booed. I saw and heard that and was seriously disappointed. Also if I, the announcers, the players and some of the coaches (based on their interviews) interpreted it that way then so did a lot of the public and some potential recruits.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:13 AM

I saw it as booing the coaching staff for the calls, not the players. I don't ever remember Clemson fans booing players, but, having lived through the Bowden and West eras, they've definitely booed a lot of coaches.

maybe they were booing both the players and the coaches

Sep 24, 2017, 9:18 AM

how do you determine who they were booing unless you were booing yourself? I have never booed except for the refs, but I felt frustrated a few times yesterday. For me it's both play calling and execution that causes my frustration. When ETN ran the same play for a TD that only got a yard or two at other times, I was happy for the execution not the play that was called.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Ferrell: Fan response to struggles 'comes with the territory' ]

It was all of the above. I was in section C and heard the moans groans boos and complaints about play calling from experts all around us including students (BTW where were the students? The hill and a good portion of the corner next to it were empty!). Heard several people yelling "take him out" when Kelly got sacked. And heard a pretty solid chant of "Etienne, Etienne " when Feaster came back in the game in the 4th quarter. I'm not real happy with some of our fans right now. If you decide to boo the Tigers next time just stay home. Support the players on the field. I want to see more of Mr Etienne too but will never call for the guy the coaches have on the field to be removed for another player. As for the students if you're not going to show up and stay for the game I don't want to hear the whining when the administration discusses student ticket policies.

GO TIGERS!!!!

ALL IN!!!!!!!!

Dale Gilbert needs to Translate

Sep 24, 2017, 9:18 AM

All booing. What they are really booing at......haha

Replies: 7
| visibility 3,192
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic