Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Clemson fan, a career, self-discipline, Scar & Jeeps
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

A Clemson fan, a career, self-discipline, Scar & Jeeps

Sep 22, 2017, 1:14 AM

Thought enough time had gone by now to share a little story. Old Tech back with another story. I debated to write in a post, but felt like it would be a good statement and maybe even help someone.

On my job I have to work with a Uscjr fan from time to time on projects. I've been in my career for some time and value my livelihood, who wouldn't? Well, a few months back during DT I posted about how bentley was overrated along with a Ferrell sack on bentley gif that made my co-worker upset. He knows I've been a long time Clemson fan, but I don't talk about it around him. Just out of mutual respect in our careers.

Well, the knucklehead went back to the big boss man ( out of anger ) and tried to say I didn't do a good job on one of our projects. He was proven wrong, but it got me thinking. Several things actually.
One, the guy associated my handle on t-net becuase of a certification that we both hold. It was an abbreviation of what it is. Anyway, this punk trolled my account on the board and then tried to essentially either get me fired or demoted.

The other things that crossed my mind was using self-discipline and not punching the guys lights out after work. While the challenge wouldn't even be there, my friends who I have trained in martial arts with gave me a good idea. Basically they said "look, you can retaliate, but the smart thing to do is just to change your handle and keep posting, people will recognize in time.

I thought it over, and it was the wise decision. To explain my handle change, and keep on giving Scar grief. Besides, it's not my fault that they have a bad HC,QB,OL, program all together. Bad luck for Samuel, but all programs suffer from it. Except the Scar program doesn't "get it" at all. They are lower tier FB and it's shows through thier HC & flopping QB. Gamecock program is spiraling out of control, and some opposing fans want to stick it you. Those folks are mad down there, they have a program in decline, and all they can think about is how good Clemson is. Still doesn't justify messing with a man's career.

Bottom line is, you don't mess with a man's money, his woman & family. So to continue on giving TU'S to quality posts, throw a fuuny gif, or just say something good about our Tigers I changed my name to TigerCJ, which represents the Tiger team I have pulled for almost 40 years and my admiration for jeeps.
Older jeeps particularly, The CJ's. There is just something about an all steel body with a 304 or 360 engine rumbling inside with headers and side pipes. The firing order make it sound unique, the older jeep fans understand what I mean.

Glad to get that off my chest.

So, a familiar poaster back, but just a new name.

Go Tigers

Message was edited by: TigerCJ®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gamecocks are pathetic losers, to the bone.***

Sep 22, 2017, 1:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: A Clemson fan, a career, self-discipline, Scar & Jeeps

Sep 22, 2017, 6:26 AM

Welcome back friend.+1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Sep 22, 2017, 7:41 AM

the saddest commentary on this post is that such action s by a USC fan are do believable. who, after reading this, asks themselves whether the story is made up or a little loose with the facts?
I know we have some fans who can be difficult to, but I've seldom come across Clemson fans this bad, I've come across USC this bad with some frquency.

Sounds like you've never met Stanley from Tiger Board(s)

Sep 22, 2017, 8:25 AM

He is that bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 22, 2017, 8:18 AM

That's awful. I'm sorry to hear that. It's a shame when people can't take a good natured rivalry at what it is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Sep 22, 2017, 8:33 AM

+1 CJ and to you 09.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2017, 8:48 AM

+1 For not only a good story but a fellow admirer of older CJ's. I had a 73 CJ5 360
3 speed with Hooker Headers in the early 80's. It had 35's which is not a big deal now
but looked great back in the day. I miss that jeep. Good Luck not that you need it but
you will out work and out think your dirtpecker counter part. Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I drive an 07', last year of the straight 6.

Sep 22, 2017, 1:40 PM

I can't bring myself to sell it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

That is pathetic. I'm sorry you work with a 3 year old.***

Sep 22, 2017, 1:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic