Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting from tidefans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 6,639

Interesting from tidefans

Sep 20, 2017, 10:55 PM

As some of you probably know, I go to a lot of football boards. I was just on tidefans and came across this: https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289262
It appears most Bama fans believe Clemson is far and away the best team right now. So what does this tell us about these polls when even most of the Bama faithful have us above them?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My opinion on early polls hasn't changed in 30+ years.

Sep 20, 2017, 11:10 PM

Don't get me wrong, Clemson is always #1 on my poll whether we win or lose but there is no possible way to rank teams when they've only played a few games.

ESPiN and the SEC got by with murder for an entire decade because of preseason ranking. They called it the BCS era. They would collectively assemble 'data,' which was all subjective and prove that 10 or 12 SEC teams were better than all but a few others.

I think it's fair to put Clemson at the #1 spot because we are the reigning National Champions. Until someone beats us we should remain at the top spot. I'm glad so many bama fans agree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My opinion on early polls hasn't changed in 30+ years.

Sep 21, 2017, 9:29 AM

Nailed it! That is exactly why I consider the BCS National Championships pretty much bogus. The press/polls basically awarded the national championship .....i.e. Alabama's win over a pitiful Notre Dame tea, or the rematch between Bama and LSU.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting from tidefans

Sep 21, 2017, 12:05 AM

We will be number #1 after Bama does not cover the spread with Vandy this week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very Interesting. Thanks for posting.

Sep 21, 2017, 12:48 AM

That heady stuff from a rival board.

High times Tiger fans, high times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting from tidefans

Sep 21, 2017, 12:54 AM

Wow. Only a team that had been on top for years would have a message board that is that reasonable. 80% of the posts put Clemson as #1. Amazing. I agree that Clemson should be 1 but if the situation were reversed, not sure I would put Alabama first and Clemson 2nd. Definitely gained respect for their fans after reading that. Go to the gamecock site and you'll see the exact opposite fan. Reasonable versus delusional and bitter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nonsense. They’re covering their own ##### for

Sep 21, 2017, 2:46 AM

when we beat them again this year. That way they can say “I told you they were better than us” in hopes that people will side with them instead of rubbing it in their face that they lost to an acc school again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 6,639
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic