Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ZION
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

ZION

Sep 20, 2017, 6:44 PM

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article174323026.html

I've never been a big brad supporter and have been fairly critical of his recruiting success, but pulling this off would be a program changer (even for just one year). To have the # 1 or # 2 overall pick in the 2019 NBA draft have "Clemson" beside it would definitely be a springboard for future recruiting.

HOPE somehow, someway, Brad and Steve Smith can pull this off

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ZION

Sep 20, 2017, 6:48 PM

You need to understand CBB does not recruit like Ky but I understand he is pulling out all the stops for Zion

Sep 20, 2017, 6:55 PM

Could we get him to play TE for a year?

Sep 23, 2017, 9:22 AM

Why would you want the #1 recruit in the country to change and play a different sport?

Sep 23, 2017, 10:11 AM

Because he would be awesome. Really tho I was kidding.

My take. He would be the top recruit we have ever signed if

Sep 20, 2017, 7:43 PM

he did. Next to that I put Beer. I know we have a history of signing top recruits, but they have always been football. And, we are considered a football school first, a golf school second, a baseball school third, and definitely a basketball school last. To land one of the top two basketball recruits in the nation would be unheard of. I still do not think we will get him but the only consolation is he is going to be a one and done, so, maybe he can "shine" more at Clemson for one year than at KY, Duke, etc.

Sep 20, 2017, 7:50 PM

Would love to see this kid in orange!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It really has nothing to do with Brad

Sep 23, 2017, 9:32 AM

Actually I think if Zion commits, it'll be despite Brad, not because of him. I mean could you imagine if we actually had a coach with a track record? It probably wouldn't even be a choice for Zion. He probably would already be committed.

Re: It really has nothing to do with Brad

Sep 23, 2017, 9:36 AM

Wrong. Brownell is the lead man recruiting him.

If Zion cared about coach track record and experience, he'd go to Duke. But they've almost fallen out of the race completely.

Sep 23, 2017, 9:40 AM

What does that mean by he's the lead man? Just because he's recruiting him doesn't mean anything. I mean what other 5 star has Brownell brought in? He's not some amazing recruiter. Like I said, the only reason Zion will commit is because he wants to try to build something special at his hometown school. Not because he believes in Brownell. If we had cut ties with Brownell last year and brought in a big name head coach, I'm almost positive Zion would be committed by now. You can tell he wants to come to Clemson, he's just hesitant because Brownell hasn't shown he can do anything with the program.

Sep 23, 2017, 10:57 AM

Brad has not recruited well but that does not mean he has not offered good basketball players. I agree that landing Zion would be a program changer much like when CJ Spiller signed with Clemson for football. I do know that all the negative talk by supposed Clemson fans does not help with recruiting. If have issues with coaching don't just gossip about it here on t-net, write a letter to the administration with your name signed at the bottom where people who can make changes can know your thoughts. Gossip is nameless, faceless and does not allow the person being talked about to defend themselves which is unfair.

Sep 23, 2017, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: It really has nothing to do with Brad ]

No. Hesitant because he has offers to play at Rupp Arena, Cameron Indoor Stadium, the Dean Dome, and Allen Fieldhouse. And I'm not talking about the arena but those programs and the rich history.

Your original point was Zion would've committed if Brownell had the pedigree. That is wrong. If he simply wanted coaching pedigree, he would be considering Duke, Louisville, Syracuse, etc. And he's not. So you are wrong.

Also, if you fire Brownell, there's no way Zion is coming to Clemson to play for a coach that's been recruiting him for 4 months.

Brownell is the lead man recruiting Zion. Read an article about it. Everyone mentions what a great job Clemson is doing recruiting him. That is Brownell. If Brownell, the head coach of a program, wasn't all-in, we would've have a chance. But we're now considered tied for the lead. May get him, may not. But it's been a wonderful recruiting job thus far by Clemson. A Clemson "fan" should be happy with that. That's you, right?

Sep 23, 2017, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: It really has nothing to do with Brad ]

I can't believe the stupid crap that comes off the finger tips of some people. SMFH

You seem like one of those "fans" who criticizes Brownell regardless.

Sep 23, 2017, 11:54 AM [ in reply to It really has nothing to do with Brad ]

If he doesn't offer enough top players, you criticize him for not going for the best talent.

When he goes after 5-star players, you criticize him for being unrealistic and going after players he isn't going to get.

And regardless, you harp on him for not being a good recruiter. Nevermind the fact that the coaches in the toughest basketball conference, at a school with a pathetic basketball history amd without much support for basketball. Heck, he didn't get badly needed facility upgrades until year seven. But he's somehow supposed to sign top talent?!?

Brownell has done a good job considering. The fact that he's had us playing competitive basketball during most of his tenure would be akin to Wake Forest football being in virtually every game until the end. How often does that happen?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

oh. dear. lowered

Sep 23, 2017, 1:41 PM

as a Scisa Alum.. can I ask.. is it really worth it?

Sep 23, 2017, 11:19 AM

trust me folks, the majority of SCISA players play 3 sports which is what ZION is. the Majority of what he faced in HS was private school white kids. Milton Jennings/Austin Ajukwa ring any bells? Hell, look at the kid from Hammond who is riding the bench at USC. Baseball.. and somewhat football sure. basketball. Not going to lose sleep over this kid.

This kid is likely a top 5 NBA draft pick

Sep 23, 2017, 11:26 AM

Next year. So yes, it would be worth it. Although I have it from A good source he is Kentucky bound.

Re: This kid is likely a top 5 NBA draft pick

Sep 23, 2017, 12:40 PM

Hmm , you're source I don't believe is as good as mine , and he says something different .

Sep 23, 2017, 12:42 PM

What position is your source in to know this kind of info?

Sep 23, 2017, 12:45 PM

CLOSE ties to the athletic dept. for 45 yrs .

Sep 23, 2017, 2:47 PM

I've said too much , let's just hope it's true and it really happens .????????????

Sep 23, 2017, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: This kid is likely a top 5 NBA draft pick ]

How about your source at Kentucky ?

My source isn't at Kentucky

Sep 23, 2017, 1:39 PM

He is associated with another kid going to Kentucky

Sep 23, 2017, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: This kid is likely a top 5 NBA draft pick ]

I'm not the one with any source lol

You're talking about somebody else.

His team plays nationally ranked teams in tournaments

Sep 23, 2017, 11:59 AM [ in reply to as a Scisa Alum.. can I ask.. is it really worth it? ]

So your point is basically worthless. They played Lamelo Ball's team in Vegas not too long ago. Lebron tried to go see him, but the crwod was too crazy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2017, 1:00 PM

Dabo will get him to come to Clemson......just wait and see.......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Sep 23, 2017, 1:49 PM

Isn't a Canadian Barrett the #1 ranked in that class. The kid just thoroughly dominated the world championships as a 17 year old.

Sep 23, 2017, 1:52 PM

He's not coming here.

He may be a huge fan, but he's not coming here. CBB puts the occasional player in the league that's a bench player...not a super star...and it won't start with him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic