Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
COOT FANS THESE DAYS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

COOT FANS THESE DAYS

Sep 20, 2017, 2:26 PM

Coot coworker tried to explain to me that we're not currently or will ever be competitive with Alabama went on to say we're as delusional as OSU and then compared that they should be considered as good as UConn in Womens Basketball... I quickly stopped his last comparison with "we beat Alabama you can't beat UConn" then stated, last year also we beat OSU and Alabama so wouldn't that make us in more than competitive last year? As well as that Bama and Clem have the same record from 2015 to date and how that doesn't mean we're in a class with them at the top of CFB is beyond me. To this there was no response. It pains me to hear them bring up arguments that are completely opinionated and down right wrong. I blame their opinions to be the true reason they had a sewage back up in their stadium, too many crappy ideas in one spot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: COOT FANS THESE DAYS

Sep 20, 2017, 2:30 PM

maybe find a pine tree, about 12" in diameter and argue with it. It'll be a more intelligent opponent to argue with and slightly less stubborn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

There's only one reason you argue with a coot

Sep 20, 2017, 2:32 PM

It's not to convince the coot. They're full on downsy.

It's so that if there is a fan of a neutral school, they'll realize what's up.

hth out loud.

Re: There's only one reason you argue with a coot

Sep 20, 2017, 6:36 PM

when your fries aren't done enough?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: COOT FANS THESE DAYS ]

yep, my pine trees won't even talk coot football with me. They just stand there smelling all piney.....swaying in the breeze, stupid arrogant pine trees.

Is her name CootVegas?

Sep 20, 2017, 2:31 PM

Asking for a friend, ClemVegas

Did you really...

Sep 20, 2017, 2:37 PM

waste time talking about women’s hoops? Seriously, even for one second? If so you’re as much of a D A as he is.

We’ve played Alabama twice in the past two seasons, with each team winning once and the combined score within one point of each other. If he doesn’t consider that competitive he must be on meth.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My interaction with coots at work is strictly work related

Sep 20, 2017, 2:47 PM

letting them know that the garbage is full or when the floor needs to be mopped

Sep 20, 2017, 2:50 PM

Trust me i know you're frustration. However, reasoning with a coot fan is not a good idea. It's like trying to teach Thermodynamics to an English Major.

Start with this:

Sep 20, 2017, 2:52 PM

Air is a fluid.

Coots are gonna coot. Thats just what they do

Sep 20, 2017, 3:16 PM

NM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 3:30 PM

Apparently your friend has spent too much time working at Mickey D's and the ovens are getting to him!

Not a coot....

Sep 20, 2017, 4:12 PM

But a co-worker(Miami,FL fan) said that we barely beat Luavul this past Saturday.....

Must've been smoking the ganja while watching our game.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 4:35 PM

Coot fans are delusional. I had one coot tell me that the tigers didn't play anybody. I named all the ranked teams the tigers beat recently and he just gave me a blank stare and said Clemson would be 6-6 in the SEC.

Sep 20, 2017, 11:20 PM

That seems to be the go to argument for most of them. They have gotten so used to saying it that they don't bother to think any deeper than that.

Sep 20, 2017, 8:43 PM

Let me get this straight. You were spending time and the breath of life listening to a dirtpecker who is willing to argue that Clemson is not comparable with Bama even though it beat them, and were still standing around to listen to him cluck about wimmens bb and make the Lady Gamecocks (has to be all time oxymoron) better than the best wimmens program of all time whom the lady cluckers have never beat or come close to beating? Did you happen to notice the inherent illogic? We can't be comparable because we only beat Bama this year, but they are better because they never beat UConn.

Sep 20, 2017, 11:07 PM

When arguing with an ignorant coot fan, just tell them that Kentucky fans are saying "Fear the thumb".

While they are reeling from that - mention that the consensus is that USUC is no longer the SECOND BEST team in SC, but has been replaced by The Citadel.

Or just say 56-7, worst defeat by an ACC team over an SEC team in history.

Or 63-17 - there's ORANGE in the end zone.

I could go on forever, but any CLEMSON fan has an incredible arsenal of weapons to fire at stupid coot fans.

Sep 20, 2017, 11:21 PM

Or mention that South Carolina has lost more games against Kentucky over the last 3 years than Clemson has lost overall.

Sep 20, 2017, 11:23 PM

You know your rival is way above you when you're only debate with that rival is over whether they are currently the #1 or #2 best program in the country, and your own team isn't involved in the discussion at all except for women's basketball.

Sep 20, 2017, 11:23 PM

Your*

Why bother?

Sep 21, 2017, 7:29 AM

“Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.”

? Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Sep 21, 2017, 8:11 AM

If a coot falls in the forest and mutters incoherent, and nobody cares, does he make a sound?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic