Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Folks, Lamar Jackson is legit (its jus crazy man). Seriously
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Folks, Lamar Jackson is legit (its jus crazy man). Seriously

Sep 13, 2017, 7:19 PM

though, we had a NC Defense last year and a massive lead at home and that dude led his team back to a lead and a huge scare in Death Valley.
We may not like him bc the Heisman vote, bit this game on Sat night is going to be another huge challenge.
I like our chances, but don't try to underplay his leadership/qb abilities.
Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Folks, Lamar Jackson is legit (its jus crazy man). Seriously

Sep 13, 2017, 7:21 PM

Short field turnovers is the only reason they were even in the game. Barring turnovers Tigers got this one by 10+

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know people like to say that, and I get it, but we did

Sep 13, 2017, 7:24 PM

turn the ball over last year.. and quite a bit. We had 2 TOs against Auburn. I have come to accept that TOs may just be an incidental part of our game (until proven otherwise.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 13, 2017, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Folks, Lamar Jackson is legit (its jus crazy man). Seriously ]

Up 28-10 going into the 3rd quarter, Clemson handed him 3 turnovers in Clemson territory to let them back in it. That can't happen again. NO QUESTION Jackson is the best quarterback we will face this year, but I think the game depends how our offense moves the ball and scores against Louisville.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Limit turnovers and keep Jackson off the field ...

Sep 13, 2017, 7:44 PM

Nice time-consuming sustained mistake-free drives like the ones we had against Auburn will take the starch out of Lamar Jackson's game as long as we don't gift him with turnovers.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And will need more than 2-3 sustained drives

Sep 13, 2017, 10:35 PM

Which is probable with LOU not having AUB's Defense

Sep 13, 2017, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Folks, Lamar Jackson is legit (its jus crazy man). Seriously ]

Actually, 1 in Clemson territory, 2 in Louisville (one by Leggett 3 yards from the goal line a guy punched out of his hands and ran 20 something yards)

You know we will have turnovers. When was the last game we

Sep 13, 2017, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Folks, Lamar Jackson is legit (its jus crazy man). Seriously ]

didn't?

2016 Syracuse?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

That's my point. We've just been good enough to overcome it.***

Sep 13, 2017, 7:52 PM

null

Sep 13, 2017, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Folks, Lamar Jackson is legit (its jus crazy man). Seriously ]

That's a stupid argument. They had to force the turnovers. I don't recall any play where DW got the snap and laid the ball on the ground and said here. Those turnovers and the ones thru the year that kept nc state auburn and Pitt in the game are the reason Deshaun didn't win the heisman.

Your point, in general, is accurate, but

Sep 13, 2017, 8:02 PM

I don't think they forced the interception RayRay gave up. That gave them a quick score early in the 2nd half and turned momentum.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2017, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Folks, Lamar Jackson is legit (its jus crazy man). Seriously ]

Try looking again. 1st drive of the 3rd quarter, Watson threw it to Ray Ray, not a UofL player within 4 yards of him. It bounced of his uncovered hands up in the air, a UofL players runs over and dives to catch it. That one is the one that started the whole turnaround.

Sep 14, 2017, 11:38 AM

Sep 14, 2017, 11:48 AM

That was painful to watch

I'm just as nervous as you about this game. However,

Sep 13, 2017, 7:27 PM

We played a really awesome defense this past weekend. I have faith in KB because I think we kinda saw him grow up a little bit against Auburn. He made some plays when we needed them. It didn't help that we didn't get some PI calls on some of the drives that we could have used. Also, receivers dropped a ball or two on a deep throw. What bothered me was when we had the chance to put the game away and score points once we had flipped the field, we couldn't do anything. Again, we played against one heck of a defense!

I don't think Louisville has that good of one from the points that have been scored on them. KB will have his chances and we will need to win the turnover battle and get points off of them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no doubt he will lead his team...

Sep 13, 2017, 7:42 PM

into the tunnel with tears in his eyes and accusation in his heart for those around him that cost him the victory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Houston beat them 36-10 last November

Sep 13, 2017, 8:26 PM

They sacked Jackson 11 times with 12 TFLs.

5 pass deflections

9 QB hurries.

Louisville fumbled 3 times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without 5 Turnovers Clemson Wins by 40***

Sep 13, 2017, 8:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As in 4 or 0?***

Sep 13, 2017, 8:48 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic