Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson moves 2 spots in Coaches Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson moves 2 spots in Coaches Poll

Sep 5, 2017, 1:41 PM

Clemson moves up in top-25 poll

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson moves 2 spots in Coaches Poll

Sep 5, 2017, 1:52 PM

Number 3 in the polls and number 1 in all of our hearts and will soon be number 1 in the country!!!

Not till Bama loses

Sep 5, 2017, 5:04 PM

And if Ooooooooooooooaaaaaaklahoma beats Ohio State watch them jump us regardless of how bad we beat Auburn. We'll be at #3 for a little while. We'll be at #2 going into the playoffs. We'll have to wait until 1/9/18 to be #1 I think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not till Bama loses

Sep 5, 2017, 7:44 PM

Sounds goog to me. That would be a great paw journey.

Sep 5, 2017, 1:53 PM

Florida still ranked....just lol. Tennessee shouldn't have moved up at all.

Sep 5, 2017, 1:54 PM

That 'change' week over week column is one hot mess. Some are correct...others, reversed. I have a headache now.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem is that the columns are not aligned

Sep 5, 2017, 1:58 PM

The numbers are correct but you are seeing the "high-low" rankings and thinking they are the "Change" column.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

31-0 and 35-31, can somone do the math?

Sep 5, 2017, 1:56 PM

I can post photos of the box score for if you think the coaches can't handle the math.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 31-0 and 35-31, can somone do the math?

Sep 5, 2017, 2:02 PM

I at least understand the logic behind Bama at #1, but Ohio St ranked ahead of Clemson is simply laughable. Deshaun was fanstastic, but we did not need Deshaun to beat those fools.

Re: 31-0 and 35-31, can somone do the math?

Sep 5, 2017, 2:16 PM

Agreed, a safety or FG beats 0hio St and we still have that D-Line that shut them completely down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2017, 2:04 PM

Might as well pencil Alabama in for the playoffs again. They only play one more team that's ranked in the top 25, and that's Auburn. Clemson has to play 4 in the top 25.

???

Sep 5, 2017, 2:24 PM

LSU and Tennessee are ranked in the top 25 too. They'll likely have to play a ranked UGA or UF in the SECCG, and Arky/Miss St will probably be ranked by the time they play Bama to make them look better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ???

Sep 5, 2017, 2:29 PM

UF is laughable. They haven't had an Offense for the last 5 years instead blaming it on the competitiveness of the SEC Defenses. They scored one Offensive Touchdown against Michigan - which is still a Big 10 Defense IMO.

Sep 5, 2017, 2:48 PM

I don't disagree, but they'll still be ranked if they win 8 games.

Correction though, they only scored 3 offensive points (had 2 pick 6s on consecutive Michigan drives.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2017, 2:35 PM [ in reply to ??? ]

Didn't UGA lose their starting QB?

Yes, they did

Sep 5, 2017, 2:52 PM

They lost Jacob Eason who led 3 drives that ended in punts (technically 2.5 as he was injured during the 3rd drive). He was replaced by Jake Fromm who led 3 consecutive TD drives.

Doesn't seem like much of a dropoff besides the fact that he's a freshman.

Wait...

Sep 5, 2017, 2:10 PM

NC State gets 9 votes and SCAR gets 8! Lol even when they win, they still lose. Makes sense though, NC State outplayed them.

Re: Wait...

Sep 5, 2017, 2:14 PM

That was the first thing I noticed besides a quick glance of the Top 10.

I saw that too.

Sep 5, 2017, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Wait... ]

Talk about a pimp slap. Lol. I love it. First game of thd season you beat a team and they still get more votes than you. Haha a hahaha hahaha.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So which three head coaches voted us #1...?***

Sep 5, 2017, 2:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Issue with Polls

Sep 5, 2017, 2:32 PM

I figured it out, go to ESPN, click on the drop down and select 2016, that's how the rankings should read - applicable thus far this year as well.

Sep 5, 2017, 2:57 PM

An interesting take. Last season Clemson defeated both teams ranked above us, 3 of the top 9, 4 of the top 13 and 6 of the top 18. I didn't check for all schools but I don't believe any other team can say that last season they defeated 6 of the top 18 in the current Coaches Poll. And we still have people who say we don't play a tough schedule. I suppose the fact we beat those teams means they were not a tough opponent.

Now, for a poser. Tennessee just barely squeezed by Georgia Tech and is ranked and Georgia Tech got, I believe, 1 vote.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is Florida still ranked?***

Sep 5, 2017, 3:41 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It moved a little

Sep 5, 2017, 4:50 PM

Clemson up the polls, that is ....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only is Florida still ranked but at least one voter

Sep 5, 2017, 9:29 PM

has them as high as #16. Ridiculous

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic