Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: It's Game Week: Five things we cant wait to see Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,431

New Story: It's Game Week: Five things we cant wait to see Saturday

Aug 28, 2017, 7:01 AM

It's Game Week: Five things we cant wait to see Saturday

The opener against Kent St. doesn’t exactly “move the needle” from an overall excitement standpoint. But it does for me – for the first time in a while there are several unknowns heading into the opener. There are things I want to see and questions that can only be answered by seeing players during a game. Not a practice. Not a spring game. An actual game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: It's Game Week: Five things we cant wait to see Saturday

Aug 28, 2017, 7:13 AM

Agreed on all points. I'm very anxious and excited to see what our QB play looks like, and can't wait to see the WR's. Is Deon ready to be that dood? Is he gonna step up and play like the next 1st rounder out of WRU? We know what Ray Ray and Hunter can do.. But the coaches and media have been raving about Overton and Chase this summer, so I'm excited to see what they look like. The freshman.. Obviously can't wait for Tee, Amari, & Etienne to get out there. If we put it on Kent St badly like we all expect to, the young guys should have plenty of snaps out there later on in the game. What's Trevion Thompson ready to do this year? Cornell Powell? CJ Fuller? Feaster? Milan Richard? Let's Go!!!!!!!

Offense or not for the Tigers you can bet your bottom dollar

Aug 28, 2017, 4:05 PM

NC State is going to be pounding the gamecocks!

Better go easy on downplaying Kent State. One never knows.

Aug 28, 2017, 7:32 AM

I'd say Clemson by 30 or more. But one never knows. "Stay humble and hungry" my coach used to say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were 3-9 last year...In the MAC...***

Aug 28, 2017, 8:07 AM

Re: last year MAC article-link

Aug 28, 2017, 8:46 AM

much more competitive than most think

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/mid-american-conference-football-cradle-of-coaches-and-factory-of-upsets/2016/09/23/1374ae64-81b0-11e6-a52d-9a865a0ed0d4_story.html?utm_term=.7cf492ff83a1

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They were 3-9 last year...In the MAC...***

Aug 28, 2017, 9:28 AM [ in reply to They were 3-9 last year...In the MAC...*** ]

That was last year. Like Dabo says last year doesn't mean a thing. Right now, this is the biggest game of the year.

Re: They were 3-9 last year...In the MAC...***

Aug 28, 2017, 9:28 AM [ in reply to They were 3-9 last year...In the MAC...*** ]

That was last year. Like Dabo says last year doesn't mean a thing. Right now, this is the biggest game of the year.

From a fan standpoint there's no reason to have

Aug 28, 2017, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Better go easy on downplaying Kent State. One never knows. ]

an ounce of worry. They're at the very bottom of the entire FBS, a team like App St would wax them. Even South Carolina might be able to.

Thanks for the coverage

Aug 28, 2017, 9:30 AM

I hope for your sake the video works out, but I usually don't have the time or privacy to watch them during the day, so I grab whatever written nuggets you guys throw out there.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

That's a good list. I would add ko return and punt return to***

Aug 28, 2017, 9:34 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: It's Game Week: Five things we cant wait to see Saturday

Aug 28, 2017, 10:31 AM

You main point that this is a 'first time in awhile there are several' questions that bear attention in this first game is true to a degree. My point is that every year we have potential concerns; the number varies from year to year and the position concern/question varies from year to year. That's not new.

Second point is with your list, and it's a valid list, we may not really know solid answers based on the Kent St game. If we move the ball well both running and passing, is it because our line and skilled players were that good or the ability of the opponent. If we struggle, that suggests a potential problem somewhere. You can bet Kent St is coming to win. Can't take em lightly.

I think we have a great team that can compete and win against anybody in the FBS. It'll take a game or two to hit our stride though.
Did in year's past. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The one thing i can't wait to see is...

Aug 28, 2017, 12:33 PM

...consistency. From top to bottom, from starters to reserves, from every position, from every unit, from every coach. Win like the champion you are and with a statement.

Hot rod McDowell

Aug 28, 2017, 1:33 PM

I honestly forgot all about him. He was a pretty good back for us that year.

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,431
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic